Tree of Savior Forum

PvP cata-goon build

Yeah…felt underwhelming without that lightning flash😑

Thats sad. I was already leveling my future goon 2 alt at the Halloween thing.

Hello saw your build and I will like to ask why concentration over gungho. whereas gungho gives more physical dmg at a little cos of def and more duration compared to concentration.

Should I use 1 handed spear w/ dagger or 2 handed spear or just stick to 1 spear and shield?

Ok I will share game play video

Solo Uphill and getting 2pcs level 2 abrassive gem :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Nice. Youtube is trying to stabilize your vid though. Hehe. Made me dizzy.

Are you using the 315 1h spear as well already? I see you already have the new shield.

Hi, first this is a defensive variation of the meta sw3-cata3-goon2 build. So 1h spear + shield from r7 plus is the dominant spec. From r1-r6 you will probably use 2h spear though. Also, guardian and gungho can’t be used at the same time. You will actually want to upkeep guardian near 100% of the time, so you can’t use gungho anyways…

So in short, for this build go with 1h spear & shield + guardian. With the sw3 variant you can go with gungho + 2h spear.

But honestly, I can totally see that @Natzalger is rocking Gungho. So in the end follow your heart.

1 Like

haha…Sorry about that…there Fixed… :wink:

Nah…I don’t have another practonium for that spear…I just crafted the 315 shield…that shield is pretty good…I did not use a single pot in uphill anymore unlike before I always become red…well I use 1 pot by mistake in here though :smile:

@fatedhour
I think gunho is better for pve in our build…We need all means to get more p atak to compensate our loss of using 2 handed spear… We already have enough defense on using shields…

but in pvp it is situational…I use guardian if too many sw3cata3 bruh’s in opponent side…for archers I just use C block on them block 90% of the time…unlike cata that can penetrate it a lot…

Guardian is for the evasion mainly. I went full dex so 18% of that is a lot. But slotting in gungho is not hard either. Lv3 bash for kd attribute + lv3 gungho for patk attribute + lv9 concentrate/lv9 pain barrier in that case.
However personally i prefer lv5 bash (i want to attribute this skill too eventually, it is a powerhouse for PvP if u can combo). Just dont like gungho at all whereas i like concentrate, pain barrier, and bash.

Dont forget we already have umbo blow kd…w/c is better than bash…but bash is good too for kd in pvp…but my hotkeys are already too full for it…:sweat_smile:

I love spamming umbo in tbl…one time I hit this plaqdoc and once he is flying in the air I dethroned him midair…looks so awesome…if only I rec it…nice for gif haha😆

W/c?
Ya my hotkeys too full also,no room for gungho or umbo blow.

As u can see, umbo blow is not even on my hotbar becuz it cant be used to combo. Lol i guess dethrone is the exception.

What do you use umbo for anyways? Did u max its attributes for knockback? Dont they get knocked too far back? I dont really see how it is better than bash to be honest.

@Natzalger

Have u figured out when is a good time to use C block in PvP? I havent yet lol.

I’ve seen a PVP vid of a Corsair Lancer using it while hook is active. I think his gap closer was on CD at that time.

Can’t think of a scenario where a Pel Catagoon would use it in PVP though. Maybe when you need to lure out Scout Archers?

I use it against some archers with OP atk damages…and sometimes against rush while yours is on cd…+400 def is nice…but its not that effective against rush coz if your stunned most likely your dead…I block dethrones.cyclones pouncings etc…its nice advantage to have sometimes…
I get rushed like 1.7k per hit but when use c block it almost haves like 900 per hit…

Maybe when archer gets some telegraphed skills that can 1hko , not sure if any of those exist now.

Some archers were saying to block the broadhead arrow but not sure how that works.

Should I go leather or plate and is there any use for Bash? seems so weak my normal attack hit slightly less dmg but hit much faster than spaming bash

1 Like

Bash is mostly used in PVP for knocking opponents down, especially when executing combos and stopping enemies that are channeling skills. It has situational use in PVE too - could save a party mate from death if they took aggro of mobs and is low on HP.

It also has 3 overheats - can’t really beat that kind of CC utility. Requires some practice to at least use it effectively though, especially against mobile opponents.

As for armor, if you’re high DEX, you could benefit from wearing leather when pitted against low-to-average accuracy opponents. Plate is just good all-around.

1 Like

Go 4p leather (if ur following this guide you are probably full dex). Bash is only good for PvE when ur low levelled or when u need additional kd but is always good in PvP with the kd attribute.

Tbh bash is part of my PvE rotation, i practise infinite knockdown chain in PvE :grinning:

If u want i can make a tutorial video on bash usage.

KD skills analysis:

Earth wave - good AoE, fast load and execution time, kd a bit far. Does damage.

Doom spike - good range, slow load, execution slower than doom spike. Does damage.

Bash - normal range, fast execution, doesnt kd far, 3 overheat, short cd.

Umbo blow - normal range, has AoE, fair execution time, kd too far, has recoil time. 2 overheat.

Steed charge - fast load, fast execution, kd a bit far. Short cd.

A common PvP combo might be to earthwave into bash chains.

Added skill build from tos.neet:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1113777ff.254a5a65.153545.112f3f415865.152a4a55

At some point you will have both. Even with high DEX. Max both attributes. Carry two sets, and use the one that presents advantages to your situation.

You do not need to be tied or limited to either.

1 Like

I added Siaullai mission gameplay @ Lv233: