Tree of Savior Forum

Psychokino Suggestions

I know the ideas suggested here will not ever really make it into the game but its fun to think about stuff like this anyways.

I noticed a lot of wizards take Cryo, and I don’t think it is because Cryo is so strong but because it feels like a complete class as its whole kit works and it is full of interesting mechanics along with some alright and interesting attributes.

Another thing I noticed a lot is "Psychokino is a good class, its good but not great (though I have heard rumors it is pretty powerful in pvp). I do not pvp though so these suggestions are focused on making Kino feel like a more complete class in PvE.

Skills

Psychic Pressure Feels good as is, no reason to change it. See also attribute ideas. Maybe slight extension (minor) on cone range for QoL so you arent missing enemies that your hand can almost touch.

Telekinesis Also fine as is, does what you’d expect.

Swap Fine but could be more fun. Using swap increases Psychokinesis damage by 2% per level for 10 seconds. See attribute suggestions.

Teleport Interesting ability, just add AoE explosion around teleport entry and exit at some amount of %damage with aoe ratio of 2.

Magnetic Force Also fine, could use more oomph in it’s animation, attribute suggestions. Add effect to go with new teleport: If teleport is activated while Magnetic Force is active you teleport inside its radius.

Raise It makes things fly.

Gravity Pole Circle 3 stuff seems good.

Attributes

Class Attributes

Dagger Channel - 3 Ranks
While using a dagger in your off hand you gain 1 AoE attack ratio per rank.

Psychic Bolts - 1 Rank
Your Energy Bolt and Magic Missile now count as Psychokinesis Damage. Toggle.

Exposed Minds - 10 ranks - Psychokino Circle 2
You deal 1% increased damage per rank to enemies under the effects of Lethargy or Sleep.

Kinetic Empowerment - 10 Ranks - Psychokino Circle 3
Your auto attacks explode dealing 5% of your magic attack damage per rank to enemies. Effects enemies equal to 50% of your aoe attack ratio.

Skill Attributes

Steady Stance - Psychic Pressure - 1 Rank - Psychokino Circle 3
You are immune to knock back during the first five seconds of Psychic Pressures channel.

Magnetic Attunement - Swap - 5 Ranks - Psychokino Circle 2, Requires Rank 3 Magnetic Force, Rank 3 Swap
Reduces the cool down of Magnetic Force by 1 second per rank after effecting at least 3 enemies with Swap. Cool down 20 seconds.

Polarized - Magnetic Force - 5 ranks - Psychokino Circle 3, Requires Magnetic Force Rank 3
Enemies effected by Magnetic Force are Polarized for 2 seconds per rank. Polarized enemies take 5% of your magic attack as lightning property damage every time they are effected by your Gravity Pole.

Fly With Me - Psychic Pressure - Psychokino Circle 3, Requires Raise 5, Psychic Pressure 11
While channeling Psychic Pressure inside the area of Raise you are lifted from the ground and effect all raised enemies with Psychic Pressure.

Just for fun, just ideas, some may be to strong, some may be to weak but hopefully we could see some ideas similar to this in all classes and hopefully not just strings of “lets raise the ratios”. Not likely, but one can dream. Also some of these like the Psychic Pressure attribute and Teleport going to Magnetic Force might be dreams with the limitations of Tree of Savior targeting lol.

because this thread spark my interest i will leave this here… :smiley:

hahahaha… as you said it’s fun to make up things… :smiley:

It looks interesting but I’m not a fan of the whole hidden class requiring X rank in another class. I’m not a fan of hidden classes in general atm. They have a whole lot of work to do on a whole lot of classes already in the game to make them feel complete before I even want to see Rank 9. Most people seem to want them to just pump out new content, I want them to fix these lack luster classes that feel so close to completion but aren’t there. Lots of classes with 2-3 skills that are very cool and then what fills like random filler thrown in with haste to get out as many classes as possible.

If they did add something like that Dimension Witch as a secret class I’d prefer it not be like Chaplain lol.

psychic pressure could use some overheat

I agree with that but I tried to avoid just saying “add overheat” or “make more damage”. Those are all likely solutions if they are looking at adding more to the class as that is what their track record suggests: we are going to fix things with number buffs and overheats. So I assume if they think Psychokino needs a buff they’ll stick some overheats on something and call it a day. I want to see more things to make classes feel unique and different more than I want every class to be what numbers they do. Like I said the thing with Cryo is not only is it good but it has some really cool abilities in it that are fun to play with.

Moreso than Psychic Pressure needing overheat (I think it honestly is fine, maybe lower cool down or overheat or ways to manipulate the cool down would make it better but I think its strong as is) Telekensis needs overheat more. Its a fun spell but its really only good for 1 opponent and then it goes on a 30s cool down. Then again adding Overheat to such a powerful ability makes it sound iffy to me, but I’d like to see it just cause its a fun ability I dont get to use much.