Tree of Savior Forum

Possible New Palladin Support

Hi, It seems that Pally is geting bufs in KTOS. One of the new buffs is Ranged Defense added to Barrier?

So I made this build of Priest 3 Pally high spr. At 330 is posible to have 500 Magic Defense with Barrier, then add the amount you get by items, around 1000 Magic Defense? With Enchanters Magic Defense increase of 30%? Its possible to have 1300 Magic Defense or more if we count new items.

Still having Block, and all the support from Priest and Pally.

This build is and alternative to Priest3, Chaplain, Kabb

Holy Defender

Holy Defender v2

Someone can confirm all the buffs to Pally in KTOS?

Im looking for the new changes and buffs:

Paladin
â–ş Smite
â—‹ The wind-up animation delay for initiating this skill has been reduced.
â–ş Barrier
â—‹ [Barrier: Ranged Defense] attribute has been added.

Barrier: remote defense max level 3 cd +10secs
Inside of a [barrier] The missile, decreased by 10% per level of the characteristic damage of the attack force.

i think a better way to do this is by doing cleric2>?>paladin3>pardoner>?
so you can stack barrier and magic def. from pardoner. but at this point just go dex paladin so you will do good dmg while still doing your job at mitigating damage with the flat value (not the spr scaling value), it should be:
+150 property resistance from resist element
+130 (+spr) magic def from barrier
+110 (+spr) magic def from pardoner
-30% missile dmg from barrier
19% nullification chance on resist element

plus you have a good safety zone and the basic 10 heal tiles

Yeah it could work. But the CD of Pardoner is a bit too high. I like more to have Block and Mass Heal.

i dont reccomend full spr, spr is a bad stat, full spr for 1000 magic defence, but no hp and u miss all your attacks?

are you aware that you won’t be able to do anything alone in the r8 content right? just giving you a warn :slight_smile: GL anyways

Stats aside, Priest 3 Paladin 3 is a very complicated class path.

The reason for that is because you’ll lack on Cleric 2, which provides most of healing (Priest’s Mass Heal isn’t good enough imo), and you won’t have any dps aside from basic attacks and Conviction + Smite.

You can live only with Conviction + Smite up to rank 7, but then what would you pick at rank 8? If you picked Inquisitor, you’d still be lacking on heals. And if you picked Cleric 2, you’d have the heals but be extremely lackluster on dps (and also I highly doubt getting a rank 2 class at rank 8 can ever be a reasonable idea). Conviction + Smite alone won’t even tickle mobs at rank 8 (esp without DEX or STR).

Now let’s talk about stats. You chose a full (or nearly full) SPR build. The reason for that is only three skills: Stone Skin, Blessing and Barrier.

While Stone Skin + Blessing does (somewhat) justify a SPR build, Barrier doesn’t. Three class circles, for one skill, that only gives you 1 magic def per SPR only when you are inside the Barrier.

Not just that but, no rank 8 classes will benefit off those SPR you have.

Pardoner wouldn’t work on that build. Even if you get two barriers, I believe the mdef would only apply from one of them considering the mdef comes from a buff that (probably, but not 100% sure) can’t be stacked.

SPR also give damage to blessing at least.

as for pardoner+paladin we should ask someone in game to test it, i don’t see why it shouldn’t stack

While Blessing works nicely for basic attacks with many additional lines, I would also like to point out that Blessing is terrible with Smite.

Blessing is added after all multipliers and Conviction + Smite is fake multi-hit, therefore, if your Conviction + Smite deals exactly 20k dmg, with a +400 Blessing, it will do 20400 dmg instead.

If you take Cleric’s Cure, for example, being a true multi-hit skill, Blessing will add +400 dmg per hit Cure deals. Totalling 38 * 400 = 15.2k extra damage at Cure lv 15.

Priest 3 sadly does not synergize very well with Paladin 3.

Does not stack.

so barrier and magic def are the same buff and they don’t stack? that’s a shame :\

No, that’s not it :sweat_smile:

It’s because both skill Barrier and scroll Barrier give the same buff:

The buff is what gives mdef. And you cannot stack two of the same buffs (just like you can’t stack two Blessings for example).

So the mdef of skill Barrier and scroll Barrier do not stack.

oh, i was talking about increase magic defense buff from pardoner, it’s another skill

No, these two would stack normally :slight_smile:

if you are concern about dps change cleric2 for cleric1 chapplain.

Check this post
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/can-someone-explain-whats-going-on-here-chap-pal3-video/331914

This is the build of Pally Chapplain, another concept, not focused in SPR.
One Punch
Im concerned about this build, is that it seems does a lot of damage to mobs with low elemental resistance that debuffs with Conviction.
IMC has only to fix the “error” that makes conviction reduce defenses below zero, and GG. Same as Krivis Zalciai “fix”

Cleric1 Pardoner will do the job too.

And yes, with this is a build you cant solo past rank7, but is focused in Defense, and who can solo in rank 8 anyways?. If you play normally with friends (not my case) is viable in my opinion.

Dont forgett SPR helos with Turn Undead too. I dont see it that complicated. Instead of beign Cl2, Priest3, Chapp, Kabba2, you can be this build or similar with Pardoner or Chapplain and be better in damage mitigation. Dont forget 30% missile damage reduction on Barrie now.

And if 100 CON is low HP, you can put always 150 CON and rest to SPR with is the normal SPR Priest Chapplain build.

So in conclusion, if i want to do dps of course I have to pick Inquisitor or Chaplain. But if I want to focus on damage mitigation this build is better than normal SPR priest, because I can mitigate all types of damage, magic, missile, elemental and block. With cleric 2 have Safety and Heals. For a full support build I would take in rank 9 and 10 the new Cleric class probally if they are support or defense; or another like Plague Doctor.

An actual Paladin post for the Paladin itself. Nice.

If these new buffs are coming I’d be happy to have them on my one and only Paladin. Unfortunately I don’t know if those buffs are real or not, then how long until it comes over here.

If you aren’t going to be completely solo the R8 threshold could be fine for you, but i certainly like the idea. It’s something different and it’s been too long since another build was brought up.

As long as you play the build with the understanding of the difficulties, you know what you’re getting into, but if you do run it, I hope you enjoy it.

Thx for your positive coments.

The info of the Barrier is in korea patch notes.

Barrier end of the Notes

Barrier Attribute

For me they are pretty real and dont think much time has to pass until we get them. In fact, we have now the smite shorten animation but we dont get that pach officialy. Probally implemented in a hot fix.

Bullshit, Increase MDef and Barrier do stack. Lv1 Barrier, Lv3 MDef, 165 SPR.

I’m going a build of Cleric3 Pala3 Pard Inq myself, 4:1 SPR/CON.

They are talking about 2 [barrier] since you can over lap their durations (at lv5 [barrier] you have 20 sec of 2 areas over lapping or use scrolls)

There was a misunderstanding between them bro, calm down.
They did in fact get their info straightened once they understood this.

Takeaway: (in terms of MDEF)
Increase Magic Defense (buff of Pardoner) + Barrier (of either form) = Stacking
Barrier (from Scroll) + Barrier (from actual Paladin3) = Not Stacking
Barrier (from Scroll) + Barrier (from another Scroll) = Not Stacking
Barrier (from actual Paladin3) + Barrier (from another actual Paladin3) = Not Stacking

1 Like

That will work too. With Pardoner 4:1 SPR/CON is possible to have around 2000 Magic Defense with Enchanters Buff for 50 secs.
Discerning Evil helps too to extend Conviction Debuff spread with Wheel.

Another option is going Cleric2 Krivis1 for exrta support with Zalcai and Daino, plus making Barrier and Daino scrolls to sell, but im afraid if in this build Cleric2 is not enought in Rank 8. Maybe.

Alot of people will tell you that high SPR is not good in this build, only for Barrier and Increase Magic Defense. Even with my Priest 3 Paly3 SPR build, still not enought for them to justify a Paladin SPR. :smirk:

The day IMC buff Resistences Recution from Conviction and Resist Elements I will be very happy.