Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

That’s a fairly tricky question tbh, and I’m not sure yet.

• Int chaplains will want to focus on maxing aspersion and perhaps aim for additional magic dmg dot’s to maximise dmg.
  • Spr priests will want to max blessing and don’t benefit as much of chaplain.
  • int/spr chaplains will struggle with skills points on the priest3 section, just to many good options. You’d likely need to undercut revive and mass heal for it to work.
  • But both do benefit nicely of inquisitor…
  • In most cases spr adds more dmg then int, but only on malleus/auto attacks would int outpace spr so I’m not sure what the ideal stat build is…

@Timeshadow:

spr’s blessing should carry you for the most part.
And keep in mind druid2 would add monster skills for you to use:

Medium panto: (Its dmg display is buggy as hell, but the second skill hits 10 times. Ideal for blessing imo.)

Outer world Large Panto Spearman:
(bit slow, but also procs armor break)

For a druid2/monk1 I just wouldn’t pick an spr route, you can just ditch priest3 go full str or dex and use double punch’s high skill factor + crit rate boost to greater effect imo.

1 Like

Do Panto Pathfinders still look like that on kToS? Ours definitely don’t but the skills are the same. Kinda weird.

The Large Panto Spearman is only available through an Oracle’s change skill. The skills are slow but if you’re in PvE that won’t really matter. Monk is still probably the better choice for PvP Druids who don’t want to count entirely on Inquisitor.

Well, you have Last Rites and SPR-enhanced Blessing effect on Magnus.:wink:

You have a point there. You’ll end up with: 15 Asp, 15 Bless, 10 Sacra, and 5 Exo.

What do you think would be a good skill point distribution for Inq in this case? Also curious how a Spr Priest can benefit from Inquisitor.

Could be 2:1 SPR-INT?

So, for a Druid/Druid c3 to work (and not only for this class), we’ll need to go for certain builds? 'Cus this is the first impression that this new patch is giving to me.

Today we have full dex builds and Int builds, you can go for it and getting taoist or a inquisitor at rank 8.
Or Priest3, Krivis3, Diev3, and more all ending up with Druid 3 or whatever. They all are valiable builds.

Yeah it’s a test server yada yada but if IMC doen’t change things again…

What about my diev druid int focused build? I’m not 100% able to keep lycan up but it can do the job well done. It suports, deals damage and I don’t die when there are some strong mobs around me. Would you look at that!

I don’t know all the new changes, I don’t have time to study all the numbers nor the brain to understand them all.

If I can’t go for a super cool gameplay, that makes sense, that I enjoy, that does it’s job, so what’s this patch’s point?

This is what I’m getting. Idk how hard they’re nerffing or changing or whatever the other ranks 8, 7, but if they do so, “”“forcing”"" us to go for a determined build that the game comunity found out being the only solution/viable way, then something is wrong. Wich is not uncommun when we are dealing with IMC unfortunately.

and seryously, what’s the point of elevating the sp consumption with upgrading the sp regen from pots? It’s like, instead of using potions every one minute, you’ll need to do so every 40~30 sec now… e.e’ please show me what that changes.
Oh yeah, bye bye Druid 3 :rage:

Sorry guys but I’m getting more and more upset about this game… but I don’t want to stop playing it! TOS IS a good game! But not atm…
the wating is killing me hahahaa’ TT^TT

1 Like

Believe me that also druid players on korean bbs are complaining about this. So far the only way to cover the really low druid damage and sp consumption is by taking priest. Which removes a lot of fun on the class.

Im trying to find a way to voice the international comments to GMs so can be forwarded to developers, but havent got a proper answer yet as its usual by IMC.

Its likely we may receive a ktest patch soon, so lets wait and see for a bit more.

1 Like

It’s a medium panto and they also need change to get, you have at least 4 different versions of them. (Panto, Spots Panto, Red Panto, Blue Panto. See: [Class] Druid Class Thread)

@Kertes:

Inquisitor atm just fits any build. God smash and Pears have enough base dmg to be good on any build. Whereas MM adds a debuff that adds that mobs matk as extra dmg on every hit. Used to be around 1k+ for most higher lvl mobs.

You’d likely want something akin to:

• 5 MM for maxed debuff time.
  • God smash 5 as it’s the highest base dmg by far.
  • 1 into break wheel for the god smash x wheel combo to make it a large aoe.
  • 4 into pears for additional dmg.

No idea on the other stuff yet. We’ll see. Hopefully, we’ll get far more buffs after this as I said cleric build diversity is in a bad spot atm.

[kTEST] Quick look at Paladin C3 after Patch
[Level 170, White Common Gear, RANK 6, Raw; no Attributes invested]

1 Like

It sounds like Priest is the basis of pretty much all DPS oriented builds under this current test patch. If it sticks, that’s gonna suck quite a bit. I can’t speak for all Clerics but I know I burned out on Priest’s buff bot nature a long time ago. I was looking forward to getting it out of my build when the rebalance finally went international.

Hopefully IMC will hear the frustration and revert the nerf but it’s always hard to tell with overseas studios. The philosophy on what constitutes good design is different in so many ways. Thanks for trying to make our voices heard, @Wolfy and thank you, @Wurmheart, for keeping us posted on the changes.

Hmm, I"d still use Heal for damage and just use potions for HP healing like I’ve already done beforehand, unless I’ll run into a dire situation (thanks god that Kabbalists Ein Sof doubles the healing recieved via Heal and doubles the natural HP recovery).

When bossing, you can now always utilize level 1 Aukuras scrolls and level 1 Restoration scrolls, because natural HP regeneration became like 4-5 times as effective as before with enough points allocated into CON (sad to see my 200 CON go, seems I have to settle with around 100-150 base and rest into DEX). Time for those buffs to shine, as they were quite lackluster before.

Priest doesn’t seem to be the base of DPS-oriented builds. The simple reason is because the 2k+ boost via Blessing and the boost via Sacrament fall off later ingame and you have to sacrifice tons of damage by going full SPR to have this effect. Just look at the Monk damage test video to understand that even the difference of only 170 points of STR is around several hundred attack, meaning that by putting those points into STR or INT will benefit you way more.

That’s because your base attack will be multiplied with the %-numbers of skills, while Blessings additional damage doesn’t do that, as it’s just additional damage. One hit skills like e.g. Pears of Anguish or God Smash will provide way less damage that way than having a higher base attack.

Only multihit skills like Incineration/Carve Attack/Cure/Possession/Hamaya with a low damage%-multiplier per hit will benefit from the boost of going full SPR Priest, especially once you reach the stage where most of your damage comes from a highly upgraded&transcended level 315+ weapon.

It’s fine that way,though, because Priest became a viable damage dealer with a supportive stat allocation once you reach endgame, and not a drag-along for Ressurection/Revive.

It’s also nice to see the Melstis-meta broken with seemingly only 100% buff duration increase at skilllevel 5, but aside from that there’s still a lot of work to do in the rebalancing section.

Oracle was already quite bad and got nerfed for no apparent reason (Death Sentence became a 200 seconds CD skill, that’s +50 seconds in contrast to C3 Oracle with the CD reduction attribute); requires more boost to be viable ingame

Sadhu still bad, even less useful than before because of the low damage Possession deals (basically a nerf compared to before, now it’s 3 hits/second but less than 62% damage per hit while it was 100%+x before with 2 hits/second) with Astral Body Explosion locked behind AoE attack ratio to become useful with its damage boost;
OOB bad, but the matk boost per INT should help a little if you’re into a pure INT build.

Bokor problematic because Effegy got more SP-intensive. Also, Zombie builds will not profit from Ogouveve anymore because SPR boosts % damage while INT boosts the STR bonus of the zombies (through Ogouveve, INT/2).
Bwa Kayiman got decent, but if you’re hit and the skill cancels, STR builds are practically useless; same goes if DEX doesn’t affect the attack delay between hits (no idea if this holds true yet).

Kabbalist still bad, but at least a little better with Merkabahs damage (100% per hit and up to 350% per explosion). Problem of useless skills and high CD times yet to be addressed.

we’ll have to wait for the real balancing afterwards to see some improvement, but for now I’m happy that Heal became strong enough to carry you through most of the game (hail to my 95% attribute in this skill).

It’s only a significant boost if you’re mixing stats heavily. Without the investment bonus, the new formula provides only slightly more matk on full INT than before.

1 Like

Why do I feel like everyone is about to roll Chaplains

Keep in mind: This is Google Translate, I’m transcribing the best I can

EDIT 1: Thanks for catching me, poboo

[ Krivis ]

Zaibas

• Base 31% from the 82% increase in the , will be deleted increase amount per level . ( 54% → 82% based on 15 levels )

[ Priest ]
Aspersion

• Skill increases the defense to be affected by the SPR stat .
    Exorcise
  • a primary factor 251% from the 126% reduction to the , increase amount per level of 30.1% from the 15.1% decrease to . (From 371% to 186% based on 5th level )
    Blessing
  • The effect of SPR levels on Blessing’s attack power has been changed

[ Bokor ]
Create Zombie

• The defense of the zombie 30% increase .
  • Zombie increases the stamina as the creature’s SPR stats , and increases the strength by 50% of the SPR stat .
  • Large Zombies 2 will have the STR of the ship .
  • Wheelchair Zombies 2 has the DEX of the ship .
    Effigy
  • Overheat is changed to 5 .
  • The cooldown time is changed to 10 seconds .
    Ogubebe
  • The power stats per level are changed to increase by 5 .

[ Dievdirby ]
Carve Attack

• Attack speed is affected by DEX stats .

[ Sadmeme ]
Possession

• 38%->135%, Increase per level2.6%->9.2% (10 levels based on 61% → 213 d %)
  • Duration is fixed to 6.5 seconds .

[ Paladin ]
Smite

-vs Demon/Mutant add.dmg from 20% to 150%
    -Conviction+Smite bonus from 50% to 80%

Conviction

[ Monk ]
Double Punch

• Overheat is changed to 5 .
  • The cooldown time is changed to 10 seconds .
    Smack
    A voyeur (Transcriber note: Uhmmm what???)
    Iron Shirt

[ Pardoner ]
Increase magic defense

• Increases the magic defense to the skill will be affected by the SPR stat

[ Chaplain ]
Magnus Exorcismus (TS Note: How did that translate into Magnificent Village?!!)

• Base: 46% (orig) -> 125% (+)
    increase amount per level 5.6% ->15% increase in . ( 68% → 185% based on 5th level )
  • The duration is fixed to 9 seconds .

[ Druid ]
Carnivorous

• Base 82% ->163% , 4.5% -> 9% per level. ( 145% → 289% based on 10th level )
  • The batting average is fixed at 25 .

[ Miko ]
Hamaya

• Base Stat 30%->131% , 3.6% - >15.7% per level. ( 44% → 193% based on 5th level )
  • Duration is fixed to 8 seconds .
    Gohei
  • Skills 1 City actuation times , one buff level / debuffs one change to clear only .

[ Inquisitor ]
Breaking Wheel

• The duration is fixed to 10 seconds .
  • SP consumed 121.2 -> 72.6 (5th level 210 → 139)
  • The amount of consumed SP per level increased from 22.4 to 13.44 .
    God Smash
  • Conviction+God Smash bonus from 30% to 60%

[ Plague Doctor ]
Incineration

• Cooldown reduced to 16 seconds from 20 seconds .

[ Tosa ]
Chestnut

• a primary factor 257% from 772% increased and , increase amount per level of 14.2% from the 42.5 increases with . ( 313% → 942% as of the 5th level )
4 Likes
  • vs Demon/Mutant add.dmg from 20% to 150%
  • Conviction+Smite bonus from 50% to 80%

Conviction+God Smash bonus from 30% to 60%

Aspersion new formula:
value = 20 + (([Skill Level] - 1) × 2) + (([Skill Level] / 5) × (([Character SPR] × 0.6) ^ 0.7))

Bless new formula:
value = 55 + (([Skill Level] - 1) × 25) + (([Skill Level] / 5) × ([Character SPR] ^ 0.9))

Carnivory went from 51 hits at LV 15 to 25 hits?? Is that it? No Wolf and now this…

And what is that about Iron Skin from Monk? I didn’t get it.

1 Like

The line is Iron President, which I must’ve mistaken for Iron Shirt.

Please forgive me, I don’t play Monk, and I don’t even know what A Voyeur is supposed to be

Cross referencing with https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills get us:

The logarithms & overheat overkill patch:

Dexterity:

• Carve Attack, Smite, Conviction, Double Punch, Palm Strike, Knife Hand, One Inch Punch and God Smash should now all be affected by dex’s atk speed bonus.
    [ Note this isn’t listed on ktest neet ]

Krivis:

• Zaibas now has a flat 82% modifier.

Priest:

• Aspersion’s defense buff now scales with spr. { 20% base, +2 per extra skill level, spr scaling = (([Skill Level] / 5) × (([Character SPR] × 0.6) ^ 0.7)) }
  • Exorcise now has a flat 126% modifier, ticks once every 0.4s and has a new +5s duration attribute but no longer has the second int/spr formula we saw previously. (aka no spr/int scaling, and ktest neet does not list the +15.1% said nexon article lists.)
  • Blessing’s dmg formula has been changed into: (55 + (([Skill Level] - 1) × 25) + (([Skill Level] / 5) × ([Character SPR] ^ 0.9)))

Bokor:

• Zombify: Not sure where said stats are place on said site, so I can’t confirm or deny these changes.
  • Effigy now has a 10s cd and 5 overheat.
  • Ougeve now adds +5 str per skill level to zombies, but it also lost it’s int bonus!

Sadhu:

• Possession now has a base 131% modifier and gains +9.1% per skill level past 1. It also now has a 6.5s duration and ticks once per 0.3s. (not sure if it’s tick rate changed though.)

Paladin:

• Smite now deals +150% dmg vs demons and mutants instead of 20% and the conviction bonus was increased from 50% to 80%.

Monk:

• Double punch now has a 10s cd and 5 overheat…

Pardoner:

• Increase Magic Defense now again scales with spr. New formula = ( 30 + (([Skill Level] - 1) × 3) + (([Skill Level] / 5) × (([Character SPR] × 0.8) ^ 0.7)))

Chaplain:

• Magnus Exorciwhat’sitsnamus now has a flat 125% skill modifier again. I don’t see the supposed +15% skill factor in the dmg formula either.

Druid:

• Carnivory now has a base 163% skill modifier and gains +9% per skill level past 1. Also it now has a fixed 25 number of hits regardless of skill level or how much nonsense that is…

Miko:

• Hamaya now has a base 131% modifier and gains +15.7% per skill level past 1. It now has a fixed 8s duration as well.
  • Gohei now only removes one level of buff/debuff per use. ???

Inquisitor:

• Breaking wheel now has a 10s duration, costs 73 sp + 13 per skill level.
  • God Smash conviction dmg bonus increased from 30% to 60%.

Plague Doctor:

• Incineration now has a 16s cd instead of 20s. (ktest still list it as overheat 2 even…)

Taoist:

• Storm Calling now has a base modifier of 77% and gains +42.5% per skill level.
4 Likes

After all the outcries they managed to cripple many cleric builds :joy_cat:

I guess we should call the “multihitmustdie” patch :joy_cat:

I have two clerics heavily affected by these changes, I don’t even know how to change them now as, despite being non-meta builds, I liked to play with them. :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Idk what that means either dude lol.

And it’s not Iron skin? What is Iron shirt hahaha I’m lost

maybe gohei now only remove 1lvl debuff/buff instead 1-3 lvl debuff/buff?