Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

Oh, i know that! What I meant to ask is if a monk build is better than a spellcaster build for solo purpose.

Actually my main build is a support, but I wanna try this “dps cleric” sometime. But the thing is, I dont want to rely on incineration, so I’m chasing some alternative that i may like. I don’t like saduh and bokor (maybe if the zombie were better), I don’t know if monks are actually good and I kind of like INT builds. So this is what i came up with. DRUIDS.

I played Monk in iCBT2 and it was fun to play and you can definitely solo with it. A lot of large monsters are weak to strike damage, so your double punch does well, especially when combined with armor break from hand knife.

I can’t really comment on the solo-ability of INT based builds, but with Chaplain in the mix it seems like an option is there.

So can some1 confirm whats is better way to build up monk pve wise for solo grind and dungeons cleric-priest-diev2-monk or cleric2-priest2-monk? thanx in advance.

Any advices about stat distribute for Cleric2 - Prist3 - Chap1 - PD1 for PvE?

I’am thinking about something like this: CON - 1, INT - 4, SPR - 2.

Or maybe u give me a link for an appropriate forum topic? Thanks!

Int/Spr are your best options, and the ratio is entirely up to you.
Int provides more dmg and healing , but spr still deals decent dmg and boosts stone skin and other (de)buffs.
(The con is a bit low though.)

And in general stat ratios aren’t set in stone just yet.
We need more testing, the proper crit formula and some hands on experience with r7 and the hidden classes first to determine those.

@cressonline The latter, you need cleric2 imo. Or at least get cleric/priest3 though it might not have enough healing.

Check out my take on semidps/support Cleric:

It works in PVP offensively and defensively.

Damage comes from Cure, Owl Statue, Carnivory, and Incineration

I’ve noticed most of your spell casters won’t receive any damage skills until Rank 3. How do you propose to level when going from Cleric C1 to Cleric C2?

Take krivis at c2 if possible, otherwise just slog through it.

Clerics don’t lvl as smoothly as other classes, a lot of builds can’t go around it.

1 Like

Oh right, Krivis has a pretty solid offensive skill. Thanks for the input! And I do hope leveling a Cleric isn’t as difficult as solo leveling as an acolyte back in Ragnarok >_<

Did you try cleric on OBT?
I lvled C1 and C2 and this was so damn easy, just boring, but easy.
Heal, Cure, Autoattacks
Its fine for leveling

yeah clerics are much more offensive than RO and they actually do better than other classes for bosses because while others need to dodge the attacks, cleric can just sit in safety wall and continuously deal damage. Furthermore they don’t have downtime because they can heal themselves.

You do know that Heal and Cure can be used as offensive spells right? With a little strategy (attracting a large mob before using Heal, etc), the grind won’t be as bad. You’ll only struggle against flying enemies.

Back then in the days of Demon Prison 2 heal bombing was by far the fastest way for me to clear those enemies that were weak to Holy. And with Cleric C2 Heal only gets better as a grinding skill.

This build is good for high lvls? BUILD SUPORT HERE

Are you recomend krivis 1 for this build? and i get daino/zalcai and zaibas.

Or i replace krivis for cleric?

I would personally recommend a cleric|priest3|Chaplain|Cleric2|PlagueDoctor route.

But krivis can work, though it’s more of a pvp focused full support build. Really not ideal for dungeons as you can just use daino scrolls there and benefit of build capella for the permanent block.

@denis.oblov Really? I had looked up guides as well as asked others concerning the experience of Cleric C1 to C2 and they really didn’t recommend it because it made the grind much harder.

@Altariel Yep! I did know that. But from what I heard, they weren’t enough to suffice going through C1 and C2 without making the game incredibly dull on the fun side.

@12ahl3 Thanks for that input. Well, I’ll check it out. Hopefully I need not have to invest in STR nor take up a DPS class like Krivis to make things run smoother.

@jr_batenga
That was boring and i suppose not that fast, but it was not hard for sure
Just heal/cure all the things except flying monsters, but there was not that much of them
But I can’t see any point to go for Cleric C2 on C2, you can get priest or krivis
take Cleric C2 only if you have constant party that need more heals, can’t see why do you need on any other way

All right @denis.oblov, thank you very much for the input. I’ll keep this in mind as I level my Cleric :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about the [Int] Cleric2 | Dievdirbys3 | Druid | Plague Doctor
build and I’m wondering if it will be viable late game? And i Have one more question, how should I allocate my stat points? I understand that i should focus on Int, but I have not played the beta so I don’t understand how to build a proper character 100%. Any help will be appreciated.

Should be fine for now, as long as we don’t get a massive difficulty spike with future content.

Statwise you’ll want:

• A minumum of Con, around 50 at lvl 200 or a 4int:1con ratio ish.
  • Perhaps some spr if you run into sp issues, you can use potions though to combat that.
  • Rest into int.

Can Dievdirbys statues be destroyed at pvp?