Tree of Savior Forum

Post-Patch Chaplain Discussion

I’ve been aiming for the Vienarazis mace, but lately I’m considering getting the lionhead shield and a Reine mace instead, for the decent SPR bonus. I’m full SPR support. Regardless I’ve been saving up for a second practonium too, but the skull smasher is kind of a looong money grind.

Should I still get the Viena or I’m better off with a decently upgraded Reine + Lionhead?

Get the Vienarasis Mace (and don’t transcend it). Even without gems and only upgraded to +6 (very achievable and almost risk-free) the difference in your output (even as a support SPR Chaplain) would be immense.

Once you’re done with all your pre-farming, trade-out your Vienarasis Mace for a Practonium (and some other things / depends on your server) then make your Skull Smasher. There’s almost no shortage of people wanting the Vienarasis Mace because it’s just that good.

If you’d really rather go ahead with the Reine, you can… it’s your character after all. Don’t expect things to go faster just because you’re giving people +18XX Blessing though. Chances are you’ll be running with people that are still [gearing]. Given that you have the potential to make a Lv315 Prac weapon, I’d say go for it.

In my experience, I carry the party even as a full SPR Chaplain and not the other way around. I hate slow runs. :slight_smile:

Sidenote: “Full Support” or as people so fondly call it: “FS” priests shouldn’t exist in this game, everyone is DPS capable despite their best efforts to keep a purely supportive role, you always have something you can do to add to the your team’s output. #notRagnarokOnline #HealBombStillGood

2 Likes

I’m thinking on going this build, but i’m afraid of the Miko Quest :frowning: Why miko is important to Inquisitor?
There is another combination for a good support Build with Inquisitor, Like Kabba1 or PD1?
I’m among these builds (I will try full spirit):

Cleric2 -> Priest3 ->Chap - PD1 - Inquisitor 1

Cleric2 -> Priest3 ->Chap - Kabba1 - Inquisitor 1

Cleric2 -> Priest3 ->Chap - PD2

For a full Support Build, what would fit more?

My character is currently rank6, level 200, class 7.

PD Inqui or PD2 can be good.

miko is not really needed for chap inq anymore like pre patch version but it’s still a viable combo…
pd inq is stronger than pd2 but pd2 is better at farming stuff. kabba inq is still good but better at pvp i reckon…

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

Edit: what about the skill points? Is like I’ve distributed?

It’s not important, it’s just the synergy between Kagura and Wheel, however if you do not like Miko or do not want to do the quest, you can go for PD instead and do just fine.

1 Like

Yeah, in fact one thing that I like about this game is that you can be mostly dedicated to support and still do heavy damage (I often fear that there’s some cleric nerfs in the future but who knows)

Thanks for the advice, I’ll stick to my original plan of Viena+Lionhead first and I’ll see about further upgrades later.

1 Like

How is Chaplain late game though? Does it’s dmg fall off?

Yes it falls off, not that harshly but it does, here’s the video for proof, they’re both soloing the 290 dungeon and it’s also good to mention they’re both the same person on the same character so the gear is the same so I’m not making uneven comparisons, the Chaplain took more time to kill the boss while the Sadhu annihilated it within 4 seconds.

Cleric C2 > Chaplain > Miko > Taoist

Cleric C2 > Bokor > Sadhu C3 > Plague Doctor C2

He was using different weapons. On the first it was a Vienerazis Mace, and the second he was using Heart of Glory, probably high trans lvl. He only needed 2 heals to kill the boss lol. It’s not even about the build differences.

Oh thanks for pointing it out, I didn’t realize that, still that 2 Heal casts to kill the boss… don’t think Chaplain can approach that kind of dmg lol, it’s also not only Heal, you’ve to take into consideration Transmit Prana and a full INT build vs full SPR Chaplain.

Chaplain is in a good spot right now. It can carry you while you are under geared via [blessing] x lines of atk and then later when you do get a good weapon you “switch to” [aspersion]. Lv1 is already 182% SF per auto atk. Add that to the 100% you get from the auto atk itself and the “scaling” part is 100% atk + 182% matk of the mace you are using. If you want more you can find a way to fit lv15 [aspersion] into the build for 322% SF.

Add to that the fact that STR and INT aren’t worth their offensive stats due to weapon values (more so when the next set of weapons show up).

Do you know what’s the addon for Chapparition/Glass mole buff bar ?
His stuff should be insane…

Muteki2, its in the addon manager

1 Like

Yeah, Chaplain can’t get the same dps, no doubt about it.

Transmit Prana self buff… oh btw that’s fixed in iToS from what I’ve heard.

Because Chaplain doesn’t have an abuseable bug like Transmit Prana.

Hopefully no one built around the TP bug expecting it to be intentional, they might just end up screwed today (in iToS).

You can’t self buff with the extra psychokinesis property anymore? :thinking:

I guess that tilted a lot of Sadhu users.

It was inevitable as it was obvious:

:smiley:

Not to say Sadhu 3 is bad, but if one’s goal in getting it was to specifically abuse an [oh-so-obvious] bug, then yeah, stuff’s gonna turn out bad when the expected arrives. :wink:

You had to perform timed acrobatics to get it, whoever mistook it for an intentional effect has their brain wired differently.

IKR, I have nothing but love for my C2-P1-Sad2-Druid3
:heart_eyes:

Greetings from the smuggest-walking tiny plant you’ll ever see:

I’m deliberating if I should put back the remaining stats into SPR for when I’m in Wolf mode… probably not.

1 Like

Sticking with Sadhu 2 was spot-on :smiley:

Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes