Tree of Savior Forum

Possible New Palladin Support

Don’t worry, I am calm.

I crunched the numbers, and going DEX would only result in like 15% more DPS. On the other hand, there is a high chance more skills will get SPR scalings, so it’s an investment.
I’m not sure if Turn Undead attribute is still bugged, but it’s been very helpful in dungeons.
As for Zalciai and Daino, I already had that build in the making a while ago, but gave up on it. Now with the buffs I wanted to revisit it, but the stat spread was terrible (more STR than DEX), and so I decided to try something new. It was R5 already, so I can make all the scrolls I need. At R8, the costs aren’t very big.

Thanks for the input.

Some more completely random info to feed your thoughts:

• Stacking mdef / pdef for pvm isn’t as bad as many people think. High dmging mobs will actually have a atk multiplier of 2x or 3x (or more?). This means your mdef / pdef will be applied two or three times against these attacks. The problem is how much you actually sacrifice to get that extra mdef (i.e. full SPR build instead of full something else)

• Both Resist Elements and Barrier percentage dmg reductions are applied before mdef / pdef calculations and not after them. Therefore, stacking high mdef / pdef is much more valuable when these skills are active.

• Resist Elements works for both physical and magical dmg, as long as they have one of the five elements. I’m not sure about Barrier’s attribute, but I believe the same applies (as long as they’re ranged atks).

• The difference between a zero-SPR build and a (nearly) full-SPR build gives Turn Undead’s attribute about 30% more success rate. The success chance with zero SPR seems to be around 50% and the success chance with full-SPR is around 80%.

• SPR also gives resistance to debuffs (I hope that’s cleared out by now). Full SPR builds will have around 80~90% chance to resist debuffs from mobs same level as them (not sure if the equation is linear, though, at higher lvls the resist chance seems to get slightly lower).

• A few skills that inflict damage can have their damages resisted by high SPR (Cure, Fire Pillar, Offensive Heal…). That happens because those skills actually deal damage through a debuff (resist debuff = no dmg).

• Chaplains can achieve 100% (or very close to 100% if you time it wrong) Stone Skin uptime by alternating the uses of Stone Skin itself and Deploy Capella. The downside to this is that you waste 1k silver per cast of Deploy Capella (and it has a slow cast animation).

• Some boss / world boss attacks from rank 8 content cannot be evaded nor blocked. This makes the high investment in Stone Skin less useful.

1 Like

Thats good info. Thanks.

Another think that comes to my mind right now is for DEX Palladins. Now they can use Leather Armor like Shadedancer and have a lot of evasion and with Missile Barrier Reductions compensate for the Piercing weakness of Leahter.

I think it was you, mrshadowccg, who eplain that about Leather Paladins. Dont remember.

Then seems SPR Cleric3, Paladin3, Pardoner, Inqui is the way to go. Plate Armor and Shield, 50% buff to Defense from Pardoners Shops, and Magic Defense for Enchanters.

Oh, and I remember that IMC will change the way Defense and Magic Defense works. ??? This will be a buff or a nerf…only time will tells.
(Someone saids that in other post)

I can sacrifice 15% dps of the Dex Inquisitor/Pally for more Tankiness and utility from SPR Pally/Inquisitor

Well you might want to ask for @azebu95 for his own experience with this build since he’s following exactly the same class path.

I have no idea how such build would perform in rank 8 content myself.

And I’m not sure getting Pardoner 1 for Increase Magic Defense skill is worth it. If you look at Oracle’s Counter Spell, it has almost the same cooldown and slightly shorter duration (30 sec instead of 45) but gives you magic immunity instead of plain additional magic def (and no need to invest in SPR). Counter Spell is static on the ground, but I assume your gameplay will already be somewhat static considering you intend to stay inside Barriers as long as you can.

Also, I would check with someone if Pardoner’s Increase Magic Defense cooldown can be reduced by Diev’s Laima. Cleric 2 Diev 1 could also be a viable option considering the static gameplay. I’m not saying Cleric 3 is a bad option, though. More healing is always welcome.

1 Like

I’m still only rank 5, but I’ll tell you what I can.

Heal15 is my main damage output, Smite comes second. If something flies and isn’t a Devil/Mutant, I use Cafri.
Guardian Saint is nice, because it redirects hits entirely, so you don’t get staggered or knocked back. It’s also good for killing your guildmates. But in general, too unreliable for now. I’d also like it to have more charges per level, so it’s more than just a different Safety Zone. Refreshing market every hour now in hopes to find a GSaint gem. With incoming attribute, it’ll gain unique use of letting you tank for weaker party members.
Fade10 is great.

Discerning Evil, in my opinion, is going to be very powerful in the sword-centric meta. You have all these 5 second buffs that quadruple melee damage, and this skill can make them 19 seconds.
Indulgentia is much more reliable than Cure, easier to hit etc.

Cleric2 Diev was the other thing I was considering, but because of some personal circumstances (friend with full CON Squire3) I went with Cleric3 in the end. Definitely a great pick though.

Pardoner vs Oracle, it depends on your purpose. For PvE, I believe Pard is better, while Oracle shines in PvP.
One thing to mention, there is a popular “Zoo” build, where you Change mobs into some ridiculous stuff, and then use Conversion on them.

Whether you should get Pardoner at R5 or R7, taking it right away gives you stronger R5, and waiting gives you stronger R6. Personally I prefer taking it first, makes a lot of missions go by faster.

1 Like

The attribute is good but it wouldl increse barrier CD’s.

Oracle mostly lost/ is about to lose its pvp niche due to miko.
It’s ok ish vs select magic dmg bosses in pve though.

There “was” a zoo build. And it was a popular idea, but not a popular build.

Either way It got nerfed considerably via the “special” mob update, as change no longer affects special mobs and can’t change other mobs into them either. (they had more health/dmg on average.)

You’d now have to rely on a few dungeon mobs you can still get via change for dmg.

And I can’t even get conversion to work on just 1 enemy properly at the moment. It has actually gotten far worse in one of the recent patches.

And that’s from a skill that was already considered to buggy for practical use.
Mobs would frequently get stuck and stop acting, and it could prevent specific kill counts from completing.

You still get 100% uptime with attribute if you max Barrier.

I see, that’s good to know.

Paladin 1 was an hipster filler choice for some rank 6 builds, mainly for double cleric set up in ET (it’s decent to have resto up 24/7, I guess)

The main problem is resist elements, it’s cd is so long that, to have it on line all the time, you need 15/15 resto + gem + divine might + miko = 18/15 on the skill.

if resist ele had some more utilties at lower ranks I could see paladin 1 picked a bit more but, right now, it’s just a big no, especially since we are miko as well for filler 6 / 7, oracle got better in end game content, u still have pd etc

I am thinking about building a Cleric 2 > Priest 1 > Paladin 3 > ? > Inquisitor, but right now I’m currently in doubt which filler class would be the best for a high Dex build. I’m thinking about whether I go Oracle 1 or PD 1, since Miko will probably not come to iTOS anytime soon. What do you guys think it will be the best for endgame content?

Pardoner for Discerning Evil is good in that build. Because if you use Convintion on Inquisitor wheel, the debuff is spread, then use Discerning Evil to add 10 more secs of debuff. It will help has azebu95 has said with swordies.

With PD you have good Heal for yourself and Bloodletering for party. I dont know how good is Incinerate using Conviction with no INT build. I think using Conviction equals to have 600 more Magic Attack. Maybe mrshadowccg can tell you that, since he has a INT pally pd.

Most builds will actually get 14 seconds. You have Divine Might, and DE gem comes from bees, so they’re really cheap (270k on Klai now and keeps going lower).

I went for pd rank 7 with no incinerate and I’m quite happy with it, incinerate looks decent with conviction but I prefear to not have 3 dead skillpoints for party play (aka diev/pd2 partner). Miko doesn’t looks like an utility class for paladin, honestly (at least imo).

Monk gives u filler for the rotation, but that’s it.

Thanks for this I have correct my build with your comments

goddammit you just made me create another char to go cleric3>paladin3 and abandon my cleric2>priest>paladin lv100 fml :jack_o_lantern: at least i just need to hit lv70 then spam the event dg

after trying priest1, i don’t like it, the only spell that i like is resurrection, monstrance is great but i’m a lazy ass and casting it every 20 sec is too much trouble for me, i’d rather have 15 heal/10 fade and the new guardian

Like I said, that’s my personal circumstances. Diev1 might work better for most.

Fade helps with questing and exploring, but eventually I plan on dropping it to 1 point and maxing Safety Zone.
Can’t lie, Heal15 is great, but you need Blessing for it to stay relevant. Not a problem in PvE, but that won’t make a great TBL build, but then again you don’t need that much damage in TBL.
Guardian has a small problem, and that is redundancy. When you crunch the numbers, putting 5 points in Safety Zone grants you much more usefulness, because cooldown is shorter, and it doesn’t kill your friends. It only shines when YOU are the tank (with new attribute), or when you need to move around (so it’s like a portable safety zone). It’d need to get buffed to like 5 charges per level, AND lowered cooldown, to be a good reason to go Cleric C3.

I’m sure you already know of this, but it’s worth mentioning that all of Pardoner’s c1 skillset synergize well with Paladin.

1. Barrier > Simony = $$$
  2. Conviction debuff > Discern Evil = 3x Smite
  3. Barrier + Increase Magic Defense (Double Mdef buff for SPR builds)

Well, I have a pardoner paladin3 but I didn’t enjoy the combo myself.

Selling barrier scrolls is a really bad business for many reasons. Conviction doesn’t really need Discerning Evil. And while the magic defense buff sounds nice, there are better stuff other class circles can offer you (again, that’s my opinion).