Tree of Savior Forum

Can someone explain what's going on here - Chap Pal3 video

What’s up with those dagger attacks?

Ive been trying to figure this out for the past hour. No dam idea lol

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

beckfast

/20dfdfsdfdffs

That has to be a bug/exploit of some sort.

Reasoning:

• It’s a dex build, which is why it crits all the time.
  • That’s a +154 dmg blessing. (on par with a non int/spr build.)
  • It deals over 7.4k dmg on a dagger auto attacks. bs.
  • Yet it deals 603 dmg vs a tree crystal.
  • 34k dmg vs dark mobs with aspergillum… 17.5k base?
  • 20k with both last rites/sacrament hits.
  • She’s using a generic battle hammer you can buy from a town merchant, said model is unused for the better hammers.
  • She’s using a karacha dagger.

There’s no way in hell you could reasonably hit 17k aspergillum with such a build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7C8qSspEQg

It’s the same person right?

That’s because Conviction + additional damage lines.

Blessing doesn’t get multiplied by elemental damage but Conviction does.

Mobs = weak to holy, 100% more damage from Sacra, Last Rites and Aspergillium Lines.

Conviction = 500 more damage per line (from elemental gear + negative elemental defense). That 500 becomes 1k, which then gets multiplied by attributes (i.e. Aspergillium enchance) to up to 2k. Perhaps she’s also using monster gems to make Conviction lvl 6 and thus get 600 extra elemental dmg instead of 500.

Sum up with elemental damage from gear itself and the buffs (Blessing, etc).

Maybe using Agni too, doesn’t that increase fire dmg by a lot?

Interesting but very limited build. Extremely limited to dealing damage to conviction’ed mobs.

You can’t know since alchemists can change items appearance. The reason she’s not using the hammer to attack is because the 50% blunt-to-plate weakness extra dmg only gets applied to first hit and her Karacha dagger might have more base atk than whatever hammer she’s using.

Second vid looks pretty do-able but the first vid is indeed intriguing.

Close, but not quite:

She even fights a few mobs without conviction in that video, which shows that conviction is it’s at best a close to 600-1k increase per auto hit.
That’s a bit higher than I’d expect but not the cause of said dmg spike.

There’s also this video:

Which show similar equips but reasonable damage.

Agni necklace is a closer estimate imo.
It used to be at max a x10 multiplier, though it modifiers usually around 2 for most skills after the nerf.

But the entire hits are holy dmg, not fire dmg itself.
Though the added fire dmg would be treated as if it was holy dmg element wise.
So that’s at best a x20 modifier for extra fire property attack. But I don’t see that adding 20k either.

Fair enough on the alchemist point though. It could be any hammer.

If you watch the 3 vids in order, from top to bottom (of this topic), you can notice the two last vids, where she’s lvl 290 and 258, have the “slower” version of Smite and thus they were before the patch to Smite happened.

The first and most recent vid (where she’s lvl 296) has the quicker version of Smite, meaning it was after the Paladin update.

Perhaps there was a stealth buff / bug to Conviction as well?

Or maybe she obtained some really crazy equips there that can be bugging something (aka Agni)?

Conviction drops fire resist to negative and Agni multiplying a negative value could be bugging hard (just a wild guess).

At 0:43 of the first vid she hits some mobs without conviction dealing 34k damage on Aspergillium hit, so I have no idea :joy:

Seems like Conviction is only adding 1~2k more damage per line on the first vid.

Perhaps the holy element boost version of Agni?

I have tried to investigate this.

Probably,
Conviction or Smite damage is transferred to the off-hand attack after the patch (bug?). Around 0:35 she manually mouse-opens menu and hovers quit button to prolong effect (bug?). She does not use normal hammer attack or smite anymore after activating this effect.

I do not know of any item which could give your lines over 20k damage bonus. Only agni neck if it still grants 1000% boost on fire property from item effects.

3 Likes

Indeed,

Looks very likely to be a bug with the new patched Smite.

I do some tests and find that attack dark mobs can make holy property attack +200% and other property attack +100%, but i don’t think p.atk can do much damage like that…

BTW if you have Sacrament or Last Rites you actually do 2x of your holy p.atk, and attack root crystal won’t trigger blessing’s additional damage…(Sorry for my poor english XD

Test with Sacrament Lv.1: Holy p.atk +12.

no euipment: 12 * 2 * 3
20 Earth p.atk hairpin: 72 + 20 * 2
arde: 72 + 153 * 2
hairpin + arde: 72 + 20 * 2 + 153 * 2
(don’t mind that 2 point dmg…

This looks more like a bug than an intended buff. AA builds being viable at high level content is too good to be true :frowning:

Guess agni might work differently with fire property attack.

PD Incineration with Arde, 40k dmg, 9.29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm6QAvun-jE

Pyro Flame Ground with Karacha, 30k dmg, 9.29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrv_uRBZbA4

Pyro Flame Ground with a shield, 3k dmg, 9.30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iybGkR5pSRU

Yeah Agni works differently with different fire skills.

But that Incineration, I thought agni only doubles the damage? Is that a pre-nerf vid or im just getting inaccurate information? lol

But Chap Pal3 have no fire magic skill.
If agni work with fire property attack, any class use agni + arde/karacha can be powerful ?

That not exactly that …
Those video are probably the pre nerf or fix from what we know because +1000% to all fire skill ? seem complety … broken.

Anyway, Agni change between the moment it got out and later.
The bonus damage before was +1000% To everything.

Now it 100% and some spell got a multiplier on their own.
That probably explain why you can see such difference between the damage of different video using fireskill.

What about this video? It seems that every skill’s damage is around 15k…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-7FQh8b2Cs

BTW she has 524 fire property attack, and sum of all property attack is 1020…

In 13/10 KTOS Maintenance, In Earth Tower, Instanced Dungeon and General Rank 8 Maps, Some monster properties have been weakened.But translate from Korean to Japaneses, it seems to be a elemental weakness(?) is added. It is possible that monster is very weak to Holy property.

Pyro on the same map:
without Sacrament:

with Sacrament:

3 Likes

I actually sent a support ticket regarding this. This is the reply:

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the information you need since this would be unfair to other player to give you a hint to what happen on our future update.

Sounds like this update was intended, although not exactly sure whether a buff to holy buffs or just that monster is nerfed to be ridiculously weak to holy. We’ll just have to wait and see.