Tree of Savior Forum

Population dropping again?

During the 2 weeks of reset, it seemed like there were more people than ever I could join saalus, mission, and it would almost instantly fill. Player base waning again…sux bro.

See for yourself?

http://steamcharts.com/app/372000

There is a nice gain, but not enough yet.

Would increase even more if they did something about this dumb restrictions for non token users.

As anyone can see, they aren’t useful to keep bots and RMTers out of the game.

3 Likes

I never payed for TP, but as a regular player I can buy a token per month from market (my wife too).
It’s necessary pay to became token user, but be a regular player and sell stuff.
Have a utility class (Squire, Alchemist, Pardonner, Enchanter, Appraiser), helps a lot too. I have an Appraiser and an Alchemist and my wife a Pardonner as alts.

So non-Token restrictions don’t affect me.

Decreasing population is like a big punch in the face to those people who liked the dumb down changes.

Not dropping, but gain is slowing down again.

Lots of people have reached max level by now considering how easy it is to roll from lv.1 to 330, faced by the issues of end-game content staleness - dailies, DPK, RNG mystic cube, unbalanced PVP, non-ET/Solmiki build, etc.

Rerolling is probably what most of them are doing right now.

IMC needs to do something about keeping players too, not just inviting new ones.

4 Likes

P2W spooked people, rebalance left us without crits, the infamous cubes incident, bugs, conecction issues these last few week, etc. Not the best combo to make players stay playing.

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s these kind of thinking that IMC have, and hence, hinder the business even more.

If they do something about the restrictions (14 days not being able to use market and 1 market slot) you can imagine new players and veterans buying tokens. enchant scrolls and other stuff that sell in the TP, and that players who expend money on TP buy these to resell in the market, doing all this faster, hence, faster money getting in for IMC.

The restriction will be a bit there, I mean, you already can’t do 3 runs of dungeon/mission without token unless you use run reset vouchers.

Now for the changes to achieve that:

• Remove the 14 days restriction - aren’t working anyway against RMT and it’s driving away potential new players and TP buyers.

• Increase the market slots from 1 to 5 - it’s half of the token user (10) non token have to deal with 24 hours waiting to receive the money from their sales anyway.

Changing these, people can sell stuff faster, earn money faster and buy tokens faster.

New players, at least most of the ones who actually want to buy TP, don’t want to expend money on a game that they aren’t sure if they will stay, doing that can change that thinking faster.

7 Likes

Well the bigest drop is after the maintance last week.
The satuday before got 8k peak.
This week its down to 6-7k on the weekend.

3 Likes

Well, there are reasons for everything.

• Rank reset is done.
  • People are reacting to the account lockdown
  • People are waiting for Rank 9.
  • People don’t like RNG/Grind.
8 Likes

Okay if true that would explain it…

1 Like

It’s common to MMORPG’s having population spikes in big maintence.

The rework fixed the big problem of lower ranks being useless, but we still lack interesting high level content and events with good rewards. The lack of variation in endgame gear is not helping either.

Let’s not forget that the new player event “Steps to 100” also ended, so no more rerolling different builds on new accounts ^o.o^

May 2016 24,026.9 +6,274.9 +35.35% 53,277

Last 30 Days 5,460.6 +791.5 +16.95% 8,665

The hype in release is out of scale.
Don’t compare it

Population around 8k is healthy for this specific classic type of MMORPG

1 Like

I would agree if we had 2 or 3 servers, but we have 6, so we are lacking in population, some servers have more people than others.

4 Likes

5460/6 =910 Avg. Players on 1server(

You find that enough? Specially to cover costs of server maintenance, development costs, employer salary, company bills, etc…

Not to count that, 40% or more don’t even waste their money with TP.

PvP rebalance can’t come soon enough. Game needs a real endgame. I’m ready to be owned, but give me a good enough PvP mode where I actually want to be owned lol.

To the average undergeared, there is no point waiting in the queue 10 minutes+ just to be owned by FotM whales xD

1 Like

ToS should had been B2P from the start, around u$ 40 for the game, a monthly u$ 10 subscription, no token bullshit, no exp tomes, no vouchers, etc, nothing that could benefit one player over others by cash, only untradable cosmetics, and I’m sure population now would be at least twice, and steady.

6 Likes