Tree of Savior Forum

Population dropping again?

hahah monthly $10 i don’t think this game could ever be P2P …

but B2P I agree.

B2P and P2P it would get ■■■■■■ forever since the launch was disastrous.

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■ this game lost 1/2 it’s player base right after the first month. That’s a scar that will never heal unless IMC do something extraordinary which is pretty much impossible considering they can’t even get the smaller things right lmfao.

1 Like

I perfectly agree with you =)

If you are right:

8000 - 40% = 4800
4800 players * $9 (100 TP Price) = $ 43.200 / month

Not so much… but if the situation is similar at other servers:

43.200 x 3 (steam,korea,japan) = 129.600 / month

Oh… It’s good!

(but we know that the situation is much better on other servers, and that some players buy well over 100TP, so IMC is earning much more than that)

Not true…

In a business perspective, that is money being lost, because in the same perspective each region should be able to earn enough money to cover their own expenses + be enable to pay the company bills (including salaries).

You might think I’m talking crap here, but it how things should run for a company, they started it to make money, not to survive each day.

Also, you don’t know how much their costs are: server monthly fee (can be found but they have variable plans), employer’s salary (how many there are?), company’s bill (gas, electricity, water, etc…).

They also have to pay fines in case something they do violate their contract with the publishers.

I was business partner in an IT company, it was a small company, but I know how hard it was to keep it rolling.

Imagine in their case as they are dealing with international market.

Yeah, but look Tera for example, was almost dead after a year and now is doing fine. Now, I don’t know what brings more money to these companies, but I believe P2W is not the best in the long run. Maybe we"ll have to wait another year or so, and see if ToS is stable, with a fair gameplay by then. Whales are killing this game, in terms of population, imo.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t even know how these companies work. I have always see very little profit from MMORPG. It’s like release a movie for free and expecting people to pay double to see part 2.

But that they earn enough to survive, you cannot deny.

1 Like

Your prices man… B2P ok, but subscription to a B2P game ? Some MMORPG are doing this because they are famous, do you really think ToS could do that ?

4 Likes

That average is pretty inaccurate. I can bet Silute population easily triple Orsha pop for example.

TERA sadly has a lot of costume whales and the majority of the player there dont give a ■■■■ about immersion, just loli ■■■■ and police cars

1 Like

doubted about the population in your theory. remember Tree of Savior is a
#very very niche game.
It would however lessen the bots.

EXP boost items are a staple in MMORPG because not everyone is a no-lifer.

if iToS would have been published by Nexon with other local supporting companies per region that run a server. All these blame will not go to IMC. Also since a publisher would be running the game IMC would have to answer to that company paying them hard cash and not some puny players paying a few dollars a month. Thus forcing them to be competent when rolling out patches.

Yes, because south america is quite different from NA, mmo’s are really popular here, wouldn’t say as much as in Korea, but close.

2 Likes

They still didn’t finish/release the class patch notes. o_o I guess it isn’t going to happen.

Rank Reset event is gone and people really love being able to be free from chains and locks with that so they may of lost interest. Sucks not having thousands of people farming these 0.01% drop rates and 10,000 DPK items for me. Can’t buy or successfully farm anything I want which makes me bored, personally.

No economy = zzz

4 Likes

Only uni-cellular, boring type people would actually have fun after the changes. Why would you stay on a game that makes you fall asleep doing PVE stuffs. There is no challenge, game is brain dead easy mode, idiotic stat system, unbalanced classes for years already, butchered % based drop system(majority hates %). All became like that because IMC listened to stupid bandwagon whiny little girls who knows nothing at all how to make engaging and fun game. Changes arent inherently good.

TOS is no longer exciting, engaging and fun. All you have now are chores and unbalance piece of sh1ts. And what kind of dogsht idea is that you can clear end game contents without armors at all.

My acc is still blocked, so I imagine there’s others too

It’s been over a month since the combat revamp and it hasn’t dropped like a rock yet on steam, so that’s something.

The player base numbers are still the highest they’ve been in for the past 9 months or so. I say give it another month before the pop starts dropping a bit (if only due to general MMORPG entropy)

1 Like

The majority hates DPK not random % drop, you have it backwards.

Also, there never really was a challenge. Don’t confuse getting 3 shot by normal enemies for challenge. The mobs still didn’t do anything unique or special they just made the ranged enemies tankier and more damaging than melee enemies to slow down the soloing for higher levels since they lack meaningful content for those levels to do.

4 Likes

I would say the P2W cube which already made 3 of my guildies quit. And you know, they have not released this cube on JTOS that shows how important JTOS is to them than ITOS.

Explain why we hate mystical cube. Is it DPK?

Allow me, Mystical Cube is so hated because gets you de chance to get a high-end game material and the possibility of others items unobtainable ingame. It doesn’t matter whether the chances are slight, what matters is that you could get these items simply by cash and a little luck. It’s dishonest, unfair, makes every single minute of your time spent in the game feel worthless, unfair, etc etc etc. So hard is to understand for some such a simple concept of fair play?

Edit: And please, not that “Not all of us have the time to play 5 hours a day, bla bla bla”. This is a MMORPG, if you don’t have the time, play something else. P2W is cheating, simple as that. There’s no other way around.

2 Likes