Tree of Savior Forum

Please Remove Timed Global PvP

Someone already made a thread about this awhile back, but for the sake of being heard id like to bring it to the attention of the devs once again, if they’re listening at all.
The recent addition of global PvP was something I was very happy to see added into the game, especially since it was something that was always available in the CBT phase and it suddenly got nixed. PvE was my first investment into ToS, but the playerbase is shrinking, and now it’s beginning to feel like PvP is the way to go.

The time limit on global PvP is unnecessary, especially when combined with the reward system. The US playerbase is not binded by the same social standards that Korea is when it comes to gaming. I’m not entirely sure if there are other reasons behind the systems that are in place, but having to schedule my day around logging in at the right time just to have a chance to enjoy the global PvP is terrible.

Seeing all of the changes and additions to ToS was exciting, and global PvP was something that motivated me to start grinding again. Finding out that the PvP is timed actually made me consider uninstalling. It just feels like another highly questionable decision that’s surrounded by a bunch of other good ones.

What you might not realize is that these timed windows create fixed demand and result in much faster queues and player diversity.

I see where you’re coming from, and as a PvPer, I would love to be able to queue any time.

That being said, if we could queue 24/7, the queues would be a lot longer and/or you would be a lot more likely to see the same players constantly in your time frame, or even be able to win trade easier by queuing with friends and guildmates at off hours.

What they could do is keep ranked queues that grant points in these windows only and add a 24/7 “Skirmish” match type that’s entirely for fun.

Would that satisfy you? Because truthfully that’s the only logical fix I can see. I think being able to queue any time would create a bigger mess than time windows.

Your point makes a lot of sense as that’s an angle i didn’t consider. However, as a game with any kind of competitive meta, it’s still largely unacceptable. People have different lives, schedules, and times when they can leisurely play.
It actually makes less sense when you mention diversity, considering that people will fill in and play at different times throughout the day; whereas with timed PvP you’re likely to get the same people at the same times of the day.

Friendly PvP would be a good alternative, granted these limits are actually necessary. That, and a public display of the timed windows rather than leaving the playerbase to figure out random timings for themselves. It’s an MMO, something as important as global PvP shouldn’t be left to the whim of the devs. Leaving the players without proper facts and answers just kills players, especially for a game as grind heavy as ToS.

There are other things that bother me too though, like how people can’t queue up with their friends. Guild PvP can kind of remedy this, but guilds have player limits and it creates inconveniences in the long run.