Tree of Savior Forum

Please increase the drop rates of unique level 350 equipment in fields until you resolve the lvl 340 Hunting Grounds issue

As stated here:

people with older AMD processors have FPS issues inside the new level 340 Hunting Grounds : Nazarene Tower.
With the upcoming christmas and new years holidays, a lot of people would want to spend time in TOS but can’t do so effectively, because the new game content is basically locked behind RNG (Challenge Mode cubes for Portal Stone Recipes) and character limitations (i.e. one entry per character per day for Challenge Mode stage 5 clear).

The only things left to do is to farm the new gear, especially in Hunting Grounds, as the drop rate of rare and unique equipment is a lot higher there.

However, people with the AMD issues can’t farm there.

That’s why I suggest the following temporary solution to give everyone a chance on good equipment while giving you time to fix the problem:

Increase the equipment drop rates on the level 330+ fields to the same rate as the level 340 Hunting Grounds currently have until the problem is fixed or at least until the year is over so that people have a reason to spend time and money on TOS over the holidays.

Well honestly i don’t have the fps drop at all but it seems like a good way to deal with it . but maybe not all map just one where no mats for 350 drop.

Well yeah, anything helps,as long as people can actually farm the unique rarity items with reasonable drop rates outside of the 340 Hunting Grounds.

Currently, the drop rates just don’t compensate in the fields, and others who don’t have AMD issues won’t farm with you outside of the Hunting Grounds because the drop rates of uniques and rares are abyssmal. For like every 4000-5000 monsters you may get a unique gear, so maybe 0,1-0,2% drop chance while it’s ~1% in HG it seems.

Funny because even outside of HG I get a load of gear.

You can try limit the number of actor drawn on screen in the settings file (user.xml).

The options are pretty obvious, try with 70% (don’t put the % symbol just change 99 to 70) with 10% decrements (60, 50, 40 and so on), just take note that you will see invisible stuff hitting you due to being forced not be drawn on screen.

Note that I’m not sure if this may cause issues on PvP (in DrawActorsPersent option’s case) if you do that.

It’s not about monsters/characters numbers, it probably has something to do with the map background, my guldies can play just fine in every other new map introduced with this patch, even in the high density area, but their FPS just plain drop to 1 if they make a step inside Nazarene Tower.

EDIT:
Check this user video: https://youtu.be/tvBC5IPAg50

100+ FPS (no vsync), no graphic settings on, no addons

Once he enters Nazarene Tower, boom, 1 fps.

Yeah, this badly codded game react in the most different ways on different systems.