Tree of Savior Forum

Player abusing of the game's code to do this

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You mean a ticket?

/20202102312

1 Like

I don’t think its bannable but imc should either fix this or make this a feature.

I do it all the time, am I a bad person?

I dont think it is bannable. You dont have to modify your client in ANY way to write like this.

The code (is it html, i dont know… I am not very good with this things) is hidden inside the files itself.
you just need to find the code for the curly braces
{ }

in cbt2 you could just put your comp. language to japanese and you were able to write this. So you could use bold and coloured text…
Now you need that little code.
My boyfriend knows it, and does it all the time.

I find it rather funny, than annoying. I dont thing someone deserves a ban just because he found the code to write in big letters…

Rather ban those shady guys modifying the client to teleport/zone heck etc etc… AND all the bots!
BAN ALL THE BOTS (>.<)/)

Didn’t they add ‘‘moved too fast’’ patch for that?

Hello Saviors !!

We are aware of this problem that some of our saviors try to do abusing of the game’s code on shouting message. I’ve blocked “Vince” already for permanent period.
thank you @Gaboga so much for reporting us.

Your faithfully, STAFF_MAX

22 Likes

Did you really permanently block one of your supporters for typing a harmless message?

I’m starting to see where this negativity is coming from… damn, I actually feel bad for standing up for you guys.

Either way, it’s your game I guess.

2 Likes

Hello @Avidity Savior !!

The reason why “Vince” was block by me is below

https://treeofsavior.com/ts/

Please read carefully and identify it :slight_smile:

I hope that you will not use that anymore.

Thank you for your supports and cooperation.

Your faithfully, STAFF_MAX

3 Likes

What if that was an addon for changing font size and/or color and/or add pictures to crafted equipment’s memo? It would have been considered non-intrusive and harmless by your own standarts.

Ban ALL addon users and creaters then as they use client’s code (and modified files) for their own benefit. Technically it is same and some addons are way more intrusive.

1 Like

I’m not here to argue with anyone, but half of your supporters should be banned based on that link.

Here in USA game developers generally make trivial things impossible for users to exploit, instead of permanently banning them and linking to terms of service.

Have a good day Max.

5 Likes

Eh, those giant shouts are pretty annoying

The devs (staff / moderators idk) have already talked about add-ons so I think that part is an exception. The thing with add-ons is that it doesn’t really affect other players but only the user. This however, can be seen by everyone.

6 Likes

I’m against giant shouts and anything altering the client, but to be very honest banning a player permanently simply because they did something like that is a bit of overkill.

Can’t you just switch it to a temporary, 7-day ban or something instead of a permanent ban? Let’s face it, even if it’s annoying it’s nothing horrible compared to people who abuse exploits and such.

I think that there’s many reasons for banning a person forever, but simply using bold/bigger fonts for global chat isn’t one of them.

1 Like

@STAFF_Max
Instead of a ban just warning would be ok, most don’t even know that is an exploit and do because it is a way to advertise items, guilds and grinding groups.

You people should be more worried in block all kind of codes being used on the chat instead of unnecessary bans, there are some important tickets waiting for answers also (cough mine and it is about purchase exploit on Steam).

I like the game, even tho still need lots to do it is a source of fun and relaxing time for me, but if you people start to go on a dictatorship mode for stuff like this instead of apply a patch you will lose lots of potential buyers.

3 Likes

Other players aren’t forced to see your addons. In this case everyone is forced to see your chat modifications.

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

As I said, you just type in a real long code to write big.
Used it a few times back in icbt2. It was kinda fun to have a pretty pink Party name :slight_smile:
But I hated those people who spammed the shout chat with pictures bigger than the whole screen. That was not funnyy…

So… addons are bannable, too?! I thought they said exp viever is okay to use… I am really confused @.@ (I was so happy to get that thing to work…)

I dont use that big text. I dont like the look of it. But I dont care if someone uses it. (As long as he/she dont spamm sh*t)
And it never really catches my eye anyway.

I am rather kinda irritated on those shouts where people advertise 2+ items, and the text gets smaller and smaller and smaller…
is that a modification/bugg/feature ?!

You took all the fun on the ToS TOS pun lol.

2 Likes