Tree of Savior Forum

Plague Doctor / Paladin Questions

Paladin c3 has some bugs but it’s not that buggy when compared to really buggy classes (sadhu, hunter, …)

Conversion is the only skill that’s really buggy and annoying to use.

I have to say I’m enjoying my Paladin3 -> PD a lot more than I was expecting from this class path combo. But if you want to pick Paladin or not, that’s up to you.

Well pala needs cleric c2 and that’s 4 circles down T-T

With miku coming at r6 at least, that 1 circle of pala or pd if I want to retain pala c3.

Darn so many decisions whether to change or not to change

Any cleric class needs cleric 2 for reliable healing.

You can only consider skipping cleric 2 if you’re a INT-focused cleric1 with at least priest 2 in your build and max Mass Heal. Still, Heal lv 10 is a lot better than Mass Heal on most case scenarios.

I believe rank 8 classes and miko are only coming late september, and you surely can reach level 280 within a month before they even come to iToS.

I only want the miku for the costume XD

Anyway, no priest 2 on my build so I think cleric c2 is required on my pala build.

Back to the drawing board, I go

Interesting thread.

I have almost finished my c2>krivis1>pally3>Pardoner 1 build to be able to self craft daino and barrier when needed.

The thing is I have not allocated any points in stats (aside from 50 in con) since I have no idea to which path I should take for rank 8.

Oracle > more crafts and jakepot

Now I’m thinking that going PD would be nice to make that character borderline playable in some end game contest. You got debuffs from krivis, nice sinergy with pardoner (extra debuff duration) and paladin (extra heals).

Maybe 120 con, cap zaicai spirit debuff, then rest INT could be a nice build to have? (I was thinking 15/15 restoration and 1/15 smite at this point).

Honestly seems funny to play. Dunno tho, any suggestion?

Just remember Zalciai got a nerf in kToS that doesn’t allow enemies crit resistance to go negative anymore.

The combo for Restoration + Healing Factor is fun, but it’s not that amazing in pvm. It’s really hard to find mobs that would kill you without restoration’s extra boost but can’t kill you with it…

I have a pally 3 pardoner and I was expecting to gain money from it, but it’s really complicated to get money selling scrolls in the market. There are many issues such as: people who will sometimes sell too cheap, the 2 days delay to pick up your money, the initial silver investment you need to have to make any money from it.

As an example, every 70k silver I make aproximately 10k silver profit selling barrier scrolls. That would be awesome, if my money didn’t get stuck in the market for 2 days till I could claim it… If I make a 700k investment, that’s 700k silver I won’t be able to touch for 2 days and they will grant me only 100k silver profit, which is thousands less than what I can make simply playing the game for 2 days…

I think pardoners that sells scrolls are nice for people who can’t play more than say, 2 hours a day, and people who already have tons of silver but don’t want to waste time playing to get more silver. I wouldn’t recommend a pardoner circle in any main character (unless we’re talking about PD to use discerning evil to extend debuffs).

Also, I think picking PD 1 at rank 8 will make you somewhat weak. Mobs will have 300k+ hp by then, and all you will have to deal damage will be incinerate + discerning evil. I personally would reroll to be able to pick PD 2 at rank 8, maybe taking away circles from paladin to do that (if you really want pardoner). Or well, pick a rank 8 class at rank 8 like inquisitor or taoist.

1 Like

I’m rolling a pardoner mainly for my pve main cleric that will need daino and barrier at rank 8 :wink: so it’s not my main, and I think the ability to craft daino/barrier at will AND supplies the guild is something welcome to have.

Still, since the build is gonna be what i said (c2/k1/pally3/pardo1) I was wondering which direction to go circle 8.

Ofc if you want to go paladin and have a more serious build, atm I would suggest smthing like C2>diev1>pally3>monk1>inqui 1 (phisical) or some weird combo of PD2 int version.

As you said, pardoner is rly a full drain for a circle, and high level circle
as well, unluckily :frowning:

But let’s be totally honest, you should avoid paladin as a main no matter what xD

My 4 main characters are paladins and I love them equally like my children.

I don’t get it why people put so much hate on paladins, they’re fine in pvm. They might not just be the best thing around for PvP.

In your opinion whats the best paladin inquisitor builds for pve?

I was making a SPR cl2, kriv1, pala3, kaba1 inqui1, but after the bugfix in korea of zalcai i thing i have to reroll. I was temped by this build to have toons of sp to spam Smite.

Seems the good one inn Korea now is Cl2, Diev1, Pala3, Monk1, Inquisitor. Somehow before rank8 the best pala was CON DEX. Bu know is CON, STR:1 DEX:2

This info I get it from read comments on Youtube Korean Videos:

double punch+palm strike+toy hammer=quick explosion for wheel
wheel+god smash=god smash *2
wheel spread conviction debuff

I have a cleric 2 -> diev 1 -> pala 3 -> PD 1 going for inqui when rank 8 reaches iToS. I have no idea what’s the best inqui build since I have never played one myself, but I personally don’t like the idea of picking monk c1 at rank 7.

I would rather go for PD with incinerate + healing factor + status immunity than monk with double punch/palm strike. More DPS is not always the solution… Healing factor pretty much makes you nearly immortal in pvm (well ok, except in places like ET).

I was also tempted to try Diev2 at rank 7 for Carve World Tree alone (since my build has no INT, owl would be pointless), but decided on PD instead and I’m currently enjoying it a lot.

PS. Incinerate + Conviction deals good damage even without any INT.

In your PD build, is Diev necessary? I though Div 20% CD reduction with Resist elements has to be nice, but you said is bugged. Is still good for lower the Wheel CD.

I see in the video you are full STR. It seems Inqui dont need STR since the base damage of his spells are very high and having 700 more damage is nothing when you can hit by 40 or 60k. So, you see viable be Con Dex Str instead of full Str?

I am full STR, I built it like that mostly for Smite and Carve Attack, which both scale nicely with just STR. I had that character before rank 8’s were announced, though, so I might have to stat reset into some DEX to make use of crits on Inquisitor’s insanely high base atk skills.

I think Laima by itself is buggy. Sometimes it reduces skills cooldowns, sometimes it doesn’t. That’s not just for Resist Elements. I’ve had times where I had my Resist Elements cooldown reduced by 20% even when I didn’t cast Laima at all. And times where it wouldn’t reduce the cooldown of any skills even if I were face hugging Laima’s statue.

No, diev 1 is not necessary. Carve attack is a nice single target DPS against leather armor targets, but it’s not essential. Laima is somewhat buggy so it’s not reliable. But the thing I like most about Diev 1 in my build is Vakarine statue. There’s no silver cost if you teleport through Vakarine statue now. That may sound silly but, at really high level places, warps cost 4k or 5k silver, and not paying those fees saves me a lot of silver in the long run.

Ok thanks, I have to think about what to do with my build, is only level 40 so no problem if I had to reroll. Not sure if I like to have to create a statue every single fight.

Diev 3 main here.

After Lamia, the 1st skill is not gonna reduced. Use an useless skill to avoid the drawback and you are good to go.

Personally I don’t like Diev 2.

Diev 1 since the buff to lamia is amazing (full statue rotation up, before the buff circle 1 was not enought).

Diev 3 most broken circle atm in cleric (given that you are playing on team speak with people that know how to abuse ausrine, otherwise shit circle for random pubs, imo at least).

I rly miss the point of diev 2, but maybe that’s just me :slight_smile:

Btw the more I play diev (in pve at least) the most I think it’s just a class for people that play with team mates who know how to pull bosses (for howls dmg) and use ausrine. In pubs is such a bad class, couz most of the people in tos are casuals and dunno whatever other classes do / how to play them.

That’s why I will NEVER pick pally over diev for my main (I min/max, I play et with guilties, I’m kind of an hardcore gamer in pve contest). BUT if you play casually // mostly with unknown pally is for sure a better pick.

I just don’t like pally so much couz I’m a min/maxer and let’s be honest, barrier craftable by pardoner totally ruin the class…

You NEED diev 3 for et, and the 2nd pick goes for meltis (krivis) or priest 3 plus barrier scrolls. I srly don’t see how you can fix a paladin in an ET run, compared to the other 3 “basic” circles (diev3/priest3/krivis3).

Diev 3 is a pretty solid support, but it lacks a bit in DPS.

Paladin is less of a support, you can’t really compare Resist Elements + Barrier with Carve World Tree + Ausrine, but Paladins also have Turn Undead, Smite and Conviction. Thus they are considered hybrids between support / dps.

I think each class has their qualities and flaws. While you’ll be pretty good as a diev in ET, you’ll struggle to do quests and level solo with it. Owl is strong but really hard to do quests with, for example.

If you only care about ET or pvp, then Paladin might not really be the class for you, but remember that 90% of your in-game time will be spent doing quests or grinding in parties :slight_smile:

I hate creating statues. Especially in middle of the combat. And the fact Laima sometime bugs makes it even more frustrating. But if I had to, I would pick Diev 1 all over again just to have Vakarine free teleport because I’m a cheap bastard.

Hmm, I’ll have to try that out, maybe you’re right.

EDIT: Divine Might doesn’t get its cooldown reduced by Laima, no matter how much I try.

I didn’t want to sound a b*** here, but I do think that most of the people coming on forums are looking for optimal builds, so I try to give them a neutral feedback about what classes does, for example diev 3 is much better if you play with teamates for ET contest, but super shitty otherwise (random pulls on bosses, people will fuck up on both ausrine and howls).

paladin is a super solid pick as 1st char if you don’t have a community // do love the class :wink: and the costum is KICK ASS quality, my favorite one between all the premium // class stuff I have.

For example when rank 8 comes out my new main will be c2 priest 3 oracle 3. Couz I love the design of both priest and oracle classes. Is it gonna be meta or top pick quality? no. Do I care? no. Till I’ll have to carry my nabs inside ET, as usuall, and mb I will have to go back to my main xD

ps: there are some skills that will NOT be reduce with Laima CD, and it’s not a bug but a balance fix.

Biggest one? Resist elements.

yes, IMC hate paladin THAT much :frowning:

Still doesn’t seem to work 100% for Resist Elements. Like I said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t :sob:

(PS. the video editor I used is extremely shitty, please don’t use it in the future.)

I’ve even tested stuff like: Laima -> Divine Might -> Restoration -> Resist Elements. Restoration got the 20% reduction but Resist Elements didn’t :disappointed_relieved:

Skills (that I have) that never work with Laima:

• Barrier
  • Divine Might
  • Healing Factor
  • Incinerate
  • Deprotected Zone
  • Bloodletting

Skills (that I have) that sometimes works with Laima:

• Turn Undead
  • Laima
  • Smite
  • Conviction
  • Heal
  • Safety Zone
  • Restoration
  • Carve Attack
  • Beak Mask
  • Pandemic
  • Resist Elements

For some reason, I don’t think Laima reduces cooldown at a 100% chance. Not sure if that’s a bug or intended.

Considering the amount of bug reports for Laima, I don’t think this bug is getting fixed anytime soon.

I saw you teleporting in Klaipeda a few minutes ago haha
I’m thinking of doing a int / dex build, maybe it can work …
C2> Diev> pala3> PD

Message me your name so I can add you as friend in game :smile:

Well, it will work but, maybe you want to pick cleric 3 for more heal bombing and lv 15 Cure. INT / DEX builds aren’t optimal but they work.