Tree of Savior Forum

Plague Doctor / Paladin Questions

Hello,

I’m tempted to become a PD on my paladin 3 mostly only for healing factor and pandemic to spread conviction around targets.

I would like to know if paladin’s restoration aura affects healing factor in any ways (does it increase health per tick?).

Also, I’m in a pure pve build so I’m torn between getting Bloodletting or Beak Mask with the remaining points. I know bloodletting applies to party and has a better uptime but it also has this huge drawback that makes people never stay at full health, which means they will keep stealing heal tiles on the ground to heal 1 or 2 hp. That may not be an issue in pvp but in pve I’ve seen PD’s run out of heal tiles on the ground really quickly just because they had bloodletting for their party and casted heal too close to others.

Another question is regarding Diev’s Laima statue. I have tested it with paladin’s resist elements and it doesn’t seem to reduce the CD for resist elements (I think it’s an exception skill)… Does anyone know if Laima works for Beak Mask and/or Bloodletting?

Yes restoration affects and helps a lot with healing factor.
Bloodletting lvl 3 and beak mask level allow you to have immunity up near 100% and is very helpful because a lot of mobs might perma freeze you etc
yes Laima does work, weird it does not work with resist elements

Ah I see, that’s very interesting. Do you know if higher levels of restoration make the healing even better? Or should I leave restoration only at lvl 1?

yes it does add additionally lvl 5 healing factor 100 + lvl 5 restoration 168=268
restoration also adds to heal also

1 Like

Assuming and guessing your build is something like this

The class paths are the same but I took slightly different skills. I didn’t take restoration so I might have to skill reset for that :sob:

I was wondering about healing factor + restoration cause I didn’t know healing factor depended on your hp regen.

no worries, honestly probably only need lvl 5 restoration if you are going to skill reset i say to do it later on, make the mistake.
i skill reset at 270 just to move 1 point

Tested it again and now it worked but only when i got my resist elements maxed at 15. at 14 it wasn’t working :fearful:

Healing factor and restoration combo for extreme healing factor? o.O

It’s really hard to tell if it does. I’ve made a video but It’s still hard to analyze if it really works or not.

In the video first I use restoration before casting healing factor and then later on I use restoration while healing factor is active (because I thought healing factor could be snapshotting your stats when you get the buff).

300 hp regen without restoration and 500 with lv 6 restoration. Healing factor is level 5 (counting divine might).

1 Like

I’ve made another test video, this one with more mobs attacking me so my hp would drop faster and make the hp regen more perceptible.

It looks like it works. If you take a close look, my hp in the test without restoration never reaches full, while the test with restoration reaches back full everytime after sakmoli’s attacks.

(I also unequipped my equips so they wouldn’t break during testing)

Now I’m tempted to skill reset and get Restoration lvl 15 to test this further…

Also, Laima + Resist Elements is completely bugged. Sometimes it works, somtimes it doesn’t.

1 Like

mhmm now im tempted to go cleric3>paladin3>pd2… full INT…
but dude why so much STR o.O
and thanks for the videos, if u decide to reset plz post a video too o.o

Restoration lvl 1 already improves Heal tiles. Restoration lvl 3 will give you the possibility to buy the passive skill which will improve your Restoration in +100 (passive lvl 50).

So I don’t see the need to go beyond 3 really. Most ppl leave it at 1 just for the Heal tile buffs, but if you want more regen I would go to lvl 3.

Restoration has three effects:

1. Increase hp regen through both skill level and attributes

2. Increase sp regen through attribute

3. Hidden bonus that boosts both Heal and Mass Heal by doubling the stat scaling to these skills (INT/SPR). This bonus is always the same regardless of restoration level.

The theory we have here is that effect number 1. is affecting Healing Factor, not effect number 3.

If that’s true, that means healing factor hp regeneration depends directly on your hp regen stat. Which makes restoration lv 15 useful as a combo with Healing Factor to heal yourself faster.

I would like to test Healing Factor with Restoration and Animus, to see if the hp regen is really what’s influencing it. But sadly I do not own an Animus.

is cleric c2 necessary in every cleric build? cause i always see cleric c2 in like 80% of the cleric builds in the forums…

anyway. Regarding PD, they say its always better bokor > PD.
is it ok to get PD without going bokor in a 2:1 or 1:1 int/con build around animus?

this is my theorycrafted taoist build with pala, pd, taoist.
what do you guys think?

Without Cleric 2 you won’t be a good healer. That’s about it, it is mostly self heal with Cleric 1. You can do until midgame quite well but endgame you will miss party healing, so if that’s not your objective it’s fine.

I did understand your theory-crafting about Restoration, but level 3 you can get already +234 HP restoration with passive attribute, so you can save 12 points to other stuff when thinking about a game build.

However for testing going from minimum (not using) to maximum (lvl 15 restoration) would be the best really. But I think using level 3 restoration + passive could bring good testing results as well (but passive must cost about 1,5kk T-T)

i see… guess ill scrape this one then as i heard from others that even if you go pala c3… not much help cause of buggy skills

what do you think i should go for in my class build?

Paladin c3 has some bugs but it’s not that buggy when compared to really buggy classes (sadhu, hunter, …)

Conversion is the only skill that’s really buggy and annoying to use.

I have to say I’m enjoying my Paladin3 -> PD a lot more than I was expecting from this class path combo. But if you want to pick Paladin or not, that’s up to you.

Well pala needs cleric c2 and that’s 4 circles down T-T

With miku coming at r6 at least, that 1 circle of pala or pd if I want to retain pala c3.

Darn so many decisions whether to change or not to change

Any cleric class needs cleric 2 for reliable healing.

You can only consider skipping cleric 2 if you’re a INT-focused cleric1 with at least priest 2 in your build and max Mass Heal. Still, Heal lv 10 is a lot better than Mass Heal on most case scenarios.

I believe rank 8 classes and miko are only coming late september, and you surely can reach level 280 within a month before they even come to iToS.