Tree of Savior Forum

Petition: Nerf Agny Necklace. A lv 170 Rank 5 should NOT make same/more damage than lv 270 Rank 8 classes

I heard rumors that in Korean version Agny originally gave 1000% damage and then was nerfed to the 250~350% we seem to have.

• What’s the point of make any class that isn’t Pyromancer with Agny necklace for damage output?

• What’s the point of party-playing when a Pyromancer with Agny Necklace can kill the boss before you can even cast your buffs?

• What’s the point of reaching rank 8 as a mage when a rank 5 with Agny necklace will do the same, if not more, damage than you?

• What’s the point of spend hours grinding at maps, looking for a material drop for a bracelet or an item, when a Pyromance with Agny necklace will completely and utterly out-damage you?

That item is far too strong and destroys the point of many aspects in the game.

I feel most classes and party-play instances are irrelevant right now thanks to the massive, broken effect of this necklace.

Considering how IMC makes balance updates every week, i am surprised they haven’t addressed such a big problem.

• Agny Necklace is 100% fine as it is right now.
  • Agny Necklace is completely broken, makes many classes useless and makes party-playing at dungeons/missions pointless.

0 voters

3 Likes

I wan’t to know where they do that, in KR? KR is not iToS, we don’t get that kind of updates so soon.

5 Likes

Even if the point of equipment is to increase the ammount of damage a character can make, Pyro + Agni can instantly end the Saalus Missions, one boss after another, so, we can see here that the distance between other classes became really huge. Its really really fast, specially at the high levels.

But I dont think it need to be nerfed too much. Or every class should have the same “god equipment” to increase so much his damage. That is another way to balance this.

Agny is fine mate. This is also fine.

1 Like

“instantly” not really. Also who really cares? This game is super party based, if you have a agny promancer in the group you will profit as well. Also fireball (the spell that profits most from agnn) is not reliable in a group.

The problem is not the agny necklace, the problem is how damage is calculated in this game. The vast majority of skills have no real scaling besides the weapon. They must change their overall skill formular for all skills in the long run.

Agny necklace was implemented because pyromancers were utter ■■■■ before it… it was a fast fix to the circle.

4 Likes

“Agny Necklace is completely broken”

1 Like

well if other classes receive their own necklace buff? like an Ice Necklace with the same amount of bonus? Cryo / RuneCasters and Elememe will be okay? and nobody will cry rigth? Man please, let it go…play your game, make an pyro and enjoy the power of Fire Pillar Lv 11 =D

Tree of Pyromancer

Do you guys see any link? Not joint penalty, of course. (I’m so good, sigh)

5 Likes

OP will stop crying when IMC releases more agny for other elements.

9 Likes

I don’t think Agny itself is the problem, the problem is the power creep jump of R8 skills, level 280+ monsters in terms of atk/matk/def/hp and the transendence system.

R8 skills are a problem because they blatantly outdamage pretty much almost everything you got at R7 and before. To keep monsters challenging they increased their stats so they actually live for a few seconds even against R8 skills.

The transendence system is just stupid, because it increases equipments attack/defense capabilities by a stupidly high amount, which results in, again, monsters having to be rebalanced in order to stay challenging even with trans-ed equipment. It also increases the difference between “normal” players and those who play to so much so they can get lv5~10 trans for all their equip, resulting in even more problems for monster balance at level 280+.

How will you balance monsters : so they are challenging even with transed equip, which would make them impossible for non-transed players, or do you balance it so its challenging for non-transed players, in which case the transed people will just steamroll it without any challenge? In short : there is no solution, the power difference the trans-system provides is just resulting in a huge problem for the game. The trans system should provide +100% weapon atk max, not +550%. Or they could scrap the whole trans system and remove it.

You now have monsters that needed to be balanced to be challenging for players with

• 5000+ skill atk/ skill matk skills and
  • 2+ slash/pierce/strike/missle debuffs and
  • armor break skills and
  • players having a 500+% atk modifier for their trans-ed weapons and
  • players having access to +100% dmg buffs/triple crit damage buffs and
  • players having access to numerous invincibility skills
    resulting in the 500k+ hp, 3000+ def, 4000+ mdef monsters we have now.

The problem is that agny gets amplified by all the effects that you can stack with it, especially transendence-effects. A 500%+ matk weapon modfier via transendence which gets tripled~quadrupled by agny is pretty broken.

The transendence system, the R8 skills and the R8 monster skills are the problem, because these are the ones that made IMC implement equips like agny in the first place, because the only thing agny is supposed to do is making lower rank skills viable against those 500k+ hp mobs.

However, even if they somehow fix all this mess, i think agny is too strong for its level. Change the trans system, change the R8 skills, change R8 monsters stats, then you can change Agny to be equipable at like level 220~270 and it’s fine, i think.

23 Likes

Doesn’t it make sense that R8 should outrank everything below just like R7 should outrank R6 and on and on? What doesn’t make any sense is a R2 skill be in the same tier as a R8 skill

When will times arrive for monk? Monk was and has been utter ■■■■ till now… and these “balance talks” still seem “utter ■■■■” for monks… lol

and there’s no point going monk inquisitor , its better to go diev, miko, kabba, oracle, pd --> inquisitor since u get so much more utiliteis and still do the same damage as monk path anyway (cos most dmg comes from inquisitor’s high base)…

but yea, agny for pyro and pd; next something for monk/sadhu :slight_smile:

Monk? What about Sadhu?

Agny should be additive to enhance multiplier instead of multiplicative. Agny is like giving pyro epee stance but it’s 100% uptime, you have access to high matk weapons, and you have a lot more multi hits. IMC balancing at its finest. Love it.

i quote sadhu at the end : )

sadhu was great until they kept getting nerfed till noone plays them anymore lol
monk was ■■■■ from the beginning

do not worry, it(nerf) will come along with the balance of the cleric and the return of Silute to South America

5 Likes

Along with Jesus’s 4th Reich.

Well, of course R8 skills should be stronger than lower rank skills, but not by so much as it is now, because it invalidates tons of possible build varieties when lower rank skills become too weak to be useful.

A too large difference in damage between different ranks makes lower ranks essentially just filler classes and might aswell not exist if you never gonna use them again because they became too weak at R8+ against 500k hp 3000 def 4000 mdef monsters.

For example, what’s the point of Corsairs Double Weapon Assault at level 300+, when you’re fighting monsters with 500k+ hp? A completely nice playstyle concept wasted because of a too steep power creep.
Same with Thaumas : Very nice buffs and in theory a good party support class, but in practice adding like 400 atk is useless when you can already hit the 199k+ damage cap thanks to stupidly high damage modifier combinations. What’s the long-term point of choosing Thauma?

2 Likes

What’s the point of caring how items and classes do at easy content?
All you say applies for daily easy stuff like Siauliai. How the ■■■■ cares?
Pyro actually is not that good in Earth Tower for example or better said it’s hard to work a group around Pyro as main damage dealer.
I am happy now that with Agny there’s finally a real fire mage and it’s relevant. And if you pick 3 circles of Pyro or let’s say Pyro/Linker combinations you are actually quite free about the rest and this is very nice.

2 Likes

Are you saying that lower ranks skills should be used forever? I for one like this concept.

Same with Thaumas : Very nice buffs and in theory a good party support class, but in practice adding like 400 atk is useless when you can already hit the 199k+ damage cap thanks to stupidly high damage modifier combinations. What’s the long-term point of choosing Thauma?

Yeah, buut… if you pick something like Swordsman 3 you’ll be using it’s buffs pretty much forever.
At the end of the day it just depends what do you want to pick. It’s okay to get a fun non-meta build like getting Corsair 3, but you have to understand it won’t be as strong as a build focused on the latest Rank, as it shouldn’t be.