Tree of Savior Forum

[Petition] Dragoon Helmet

1015_Mdragoon_m_crapdragoon_m_better
         Original Design               Current Design             Suggested Rework

I would like to ask all of you to keep this civil, so that we may possibly find a solution.

Now, I’m not exactly sure what went wrong during the design process, but we already had a design for the Dragoon’s helmet back when C1 was released. The reasoning behind this skill draws its inspiration out of Murmillo’s Cassis Crista, a skill that actually makes sense, as the skill itself actually has a major drawback - lack of movement speed. Now the skill Dragoon Helmet has no drawback at all, it’s a skill that should be permanently on, so the only drawback that I can see, is the fact that it looks absolutely hideous.

I am making this petition to achieve one of the following three suggestions:

1. Change the Dragoon Helmet into a passive skill at C3 and give us the old helmet as headgear once we advance to C3. The headgear should NOT be bound to the character (for the purposes of Enchanting), but could only be worn by other C3 Dragoons.
  2. Leave the Dragoon Helmet exactly as it is, but change its look back to the way it was before the remake.
  3. Leave the Dragoon Helmet exactly as it is, but reduce the helmet size by approximately 15% (my least favorite option).
  • Option 1
  • Option 2
  • Option 3

0 voters

While on the subject, there are currently 2 bugs with this skill:

1. If you un-equip your shield, the visual part of the skill disappears (which might actually be a good thing in this case).
  2. If you are using the skill mounted and you decide to block with your shield, the helmet flips by 180°.

I pointed out more in the video (Shadowplay recorded my voice in a separate channel and I can’t enable it on YouTube, sorry people):

@Staff @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Ines @GM_Francis

Hopefully, once the petition is done, you can forward our feedback back to the development team in Korea.

2 Likes

Option 1 is exactly what we need, it’s unique, fun, and makes sense. Dragoon Helmet being a skill is just annoying. Keeping it as a passive skill means it still requires the 1 point investment so it doesn’t mean Dragoon is any more powerful, and making it a headgear fixes one of the core issues with the helmet design, that it covers up cosmetics, many of which require real money.

The current helmet also has quite a few bugs as showcased, there are more bugs too including the weird animation, that looks like the player is holding a Staff that you saw briefly at the beginning of your video and as seen here, it also persists while sitting:

Pls IMC, took that helm from Dragoons, they don’t like it. I will be pleased to have it on my doppel. :prince:

1 Like

Alternate helmet can still come as part of Master Quests ;3

The current helmet collor does not even match the armor collors. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Would like to use this topic as clarification, is the dmg boost from the helmet intended to work the way it currently is?
Right now the helmet adds 50% flat dmg to your skill atk% values, was the helmet supposed to be this way or was it planned to be a 1.5 multiplier on your actual damage?
I am not sure if it is currently working as intended or not, helmet is still amazing nontheless.
Wish the tooltips and skill descriptions were more precise.

First Dragoon helm design looks alot better btw…

How about suggestion 3 plus add a button to set it to be seen/unseen just like normal headgear can be set to be seen/unseen?

Yeah it looks bad but murm has the same problem since 1 year and nothing changed.

To be honest I wouldn’t mind if the Helm skill stayed just as it is but the visual changed to that of the first picture (original version) overriding whatever hair accessories you have on when you activate the skill. It’s got a big duration already so it’s no biggie. Therefore, definetely option number 2 for me.

The original design simply looks much better and compliment dragoon’s already nice outfit that much more as well.

The original design is so much better than the actual!

Current Design feels more like…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.