Tree of Savior Forum

Petition - Bring Back Silver Drops

ToS is definitely a instanced-based MMORPGs now and I can see that you’d quit because of that.

Until Episode 13 comes, it however is still possible for a new player to gear up. Get Savinose Gear from quests, get fixed ichors from Unique Raid or buying them and then do 6+ Challenge Modes every day.

I don’t think silver removal was a huge problem, but the fact that we are limited to just one challenge mode per day is just stupid. Of course we can buy more with badges and they drop from monsters, but imagine a new player who has never played this game …
They can get to level 400+ easily but market ichors are expensive and at the moment people who recruit for instances and dungeons won’t call you if you wear savinose items.
Some contents are still hard for new players even with the basics (savinose + ichors) and the point is that to farm badges you have to be well geared and to be well geared you have to buy and that costs a lot of silver…
See what I’m saying?

What I see: old players will benefit from sing5, dm11, cms etc and still have lots of badges because they get it easily; new players will suffer to have silver + badges because they haven’t given a real good option for them! Getting strong in this game is painful and for new ones/newbies …

I think I got my point explained.

The problem is not that they eliminate the money from the enemies, there are many games that do not have the drop of the monsters, for example Bns, but it is that there is no other way than CM to get them. this game has the potential to equalize the loss of silver in the enemies, it has many missions that have no benefit to do them, the repeatable missions are crap, this game for example has 500 maps and only 100 are used and reaching lvl 450 they use 5, so why not give a better one reward in money doing those missions that are useless and being able to revive those dead maps that the game has. Why not do Daily missions that give rewards that we can progress. or remove the restrictions of doing missions by team and doing them by character … in short, this game is aimed at veteran players who do not care if content is removed, they already have their rhythm in the game CM-sing- etc etc … and the new players who start today what do they do with only 1 CM per day?
PS: I was kicked from several uphill defense for having savinose…my guild asked me for varna at least and I could get them per event …
What awaits those newer than me?

3 Likes

I remember my old days playing RO … no zeny drops only loots to sell to the NPC ( you need a blacksmith to increase your sale ) …

At least in RO, almost every single map had at least one drop worth hunting for. There was no need for silver drops to make the maps worth to visit.

It’s a different take on the same system, there’s not much difference between giving money directly or items that have no use aside being sold by NPCs, you just add/remove steps from the process. What makes the difference there is that loot drops are more immersive and have the ability to be reused on other content.

RO really tried to make loot important through quests, crafting and skill casting, since the game had no auction system you had to pick between making money instantly by selling to NPCs or try to sell it to players without knowing when it will sell. They also did a good job by having some loot available from multiple monsters in different level range and drop %, which allows players to pick whichever monsters they can handle the best and reward them accordingly. Loot in ToS is just an abomination, it has almost no immersive value and the application is limited to the point it becomes irrelevant every couple of episode releases.

2 Likes

First, change.org petitions… Need I say more?
Second, our community (the international) has NO VOICE when it comes to updates, these things pass through the Korean server first and whatever is accepted there we have deal with it, they ain’t gonna bother to make one rule for the international and another for the Korean server.

after doing level dungeon with lvl 450 players, i can see how shitty my damage is, that’s with basic savinose gears from episode 11. and i can clearly see why people wouldn’t want me in their uphill or CM party.
it got me thinking tho, these “boost” for newbies and returnee feels more like “lies” and “trick” to fool us to think that we can “catch up” with veterans. because, at the end, we still need to “bleed” enough to reach the same ground as them. making the game feels “easy” doesn’t change anything, really. i actually enjoy how the game was in the past, when i need to run around for exp cards from sub-quests and main-quests. the sub-quests force me to explore the maps, help me to know the game. in the past, i even enjoy farming silvers by doing Legwyn map gimmick, it’s not much (as far as i remember), but it’s fun to do when i feel bored with quests. the game was “hard” back then, and it’s fine. and years later, it’s still “hard”, but it feels more easy to just ditch it anytime.

i checked the mercenary badge shop, and i thought, so, i need to farm mercenary badge first to be able to buy those CM entry reset. but, i also can only solo CM5 with my savinose gears. in the end, i need weeks or maybe months to afford better gears than savinose? is there any alternatives for silvers farming that a player with very basic set of gears like me can do, without begging others to carry me? why im asking for alternatives tho? because if what i have to do from this moment on to get the real late and end game gears is a single and very repetitive activity, and i had to do it weeks and possibly months, then i don’t think it would be “fun” for me. i want to play a game, not doing another side-job.

or maybe, should i just become the root problem of this botting issue, by being a consumer for those gold-sellers? those gold-seller and RMT-er exist not because the game give a way to them to produce the “goods” to sell. they will always find a way. it’s because there’s market and consumer for it.

remove silver better than let bot control all silver in game…
sell silver ,control market with capital they have and other manipulation they can do bcoz ton of silver
no silver drop still okey better than game DIE and u have quit play coz bot user to mny in game,imagine that every time wan do cm innerwall 10, cm portal aready open 24 hour nontop in 6 month now no portal open after no drop silver …die u fakbot
tell gm to ban,user acc get ban but person who control bot not die he will create new and farm again and again,they gonna create new and farm2
u cannot figth with bot they gonna win trust me
imc remove silver is fokus for this fakbot from getting ez silver
bcoz this silver no drop them hard to get silver and gonna quit
in long run make they out from the game and die forever

RMT is a problem , but because of bot they sell like 5b a week same seller , now without bot RMT reduced under 500m a week from different seller , 5b vs 500m is a huge change , because IMC small pp not permanent ban silver buyer because they gacha letica + godness

I don’t believe this made all botters go away.

Seems like they will always find a way and the innocent legit players will damaged by IMC.

If IMC focuses on dealing with bots then they will lose focus on developing the game for players.

At most, it made botting more time consuming on the leveling side, which makes the bans hit harder (as it should be more profitable to farm with multiple character clones).

There is just one “tiny” issue with this approach on the logical side - If the most effective way to obtain silver (by far) is through instances, how can players find and report them at all? This only makes sense if they have a dedicated staff to track down activities of multiple accounts over days (on a behavior that isn’t that abnormal for a regular player) on play time, play patterns, character and item management, trades, map preferences, parties, etc.

Let’s be honest, if they could do that they wouldn’t need to do this silver change at all, unless botters were outnumbering their staff by a landslide, but they could flag possible bots (even with probability degrees) easily since the base parameters and patterns were always clear as day.

Just to throw my 2 cents: Removing silver, to me, felt like one of the more haphazard decisions they’ve decided to make.

Regardless of whether people consider it harmful, not harmful, or even not helpful at all, farming silver outside of CM was something people could do to progress in their own way, which is something this game really needs to try not to get rid of.
And I’ve yet to see how it will solve anything.

I do consider it both harmful and helpful, but removing silver drops wouldn’t have fixed the problem with RMT and botting, or reducing silver in the economy.

As long as botters can find a more lucrative alternative that isn’t actually playing the game normally, they will absolutely go for it. And why wouldn’t they? This game doesn’t reward effort directly. It mostly rewards the lucky, or the people who buy the TP shop packs.

Limiting options for players to progress doesn’t stop this from happening, it usually makes it worse.

6 Likes

Any games nowadays can never have a “dedicated staff(GM)” in-game to monitor whatever/all illegal activities of the players simply because a “dedicated staff/GM” is still a human being with emotions that can easily be tempted if Whales offer him/her a big amount of money in exchange for over-powered items/gears. It happened many times before to a lot of MMORPG games in the late 90s wherein the publisher/developers of the game had to deal with game rollbacks, etc. because of duplicated items, hack, corrupt GMs, and whatnot. The corrupt GMs resulted in massive duplicated items, players having over-powered items, or enhanced/upgraded in exchange for a big amount of money, which resulted in the shutting down of the game. IMC knows that and you can obviously observe it in TOS wherein GMs like Lychee, Kiwi, and many more visits bot infested maps based on some specific schedule and not daily because the Steam TOS had to make certain arrangements or ask permission first from the Korean main office or else, TOS would just be like those games with massive duplicated items, etc. and shut down after it. The GMs were given strict guidelines to follow/keep it or else players that got banned without solid proof can file a legal complaint as a customer to a business that was mistreated. In the US, there were some cases like that the gaming company had to pay the player for the damages done. You cannot simply observe, or monitor players’ gaming patterns based on your perspective as a GM because as a GM you can anytime and easily suspect all players using a 3rd party program like a VPN, and many others to enhance the gaming performance, etc. I remember way back January 1 or 2, 2019 or 2020 when a buggy event was patched into the game and resulted in 80% of the players getting banned because by the time you enter the daily dungeon you automatically get the bug. I laughed so hard that the game was almost empty for a day in all of the towns/cities.

I didn’t said they should ban players based on these criteria, but rather that they should take take them as suspicious and then run a bot test, the triage can be done through data analysis.

If you can see the data of an account that is fairly new, has only one or two characters, has a standard bot build character (whatever it is hot at time) with some random name, only plays on the same map(s), is online for an extensive period of time every single day, doesn’t engage in certain content that requires some more attention or party composition and/or has odd market purchases, then it is worth investigating at least. Of course, it is possible for this system to flag real players that have a certain unusual behavior, but the point is to find accounts that MIGHT be bots, so they have something to start with.

Again, my point was that if they had such thing on their disposal, it was completely pointless to remove silver from fields as an anti-bot measurement. The only possible explanation for those two things to coexist is that IMC just can’t match the speed in which bots are created and is using CM as a speed bump, else bots will only gain the protection of not being seen inside their personal instances.

You see, this kind of argument just shuts down the discussion. If you assume GMs won’t do their job properly, it’s pointless to even try discuss policies to enforce the established rules and guideline.

Do you know what made IMC put decision like this?

1. They feel like silver has inflated too much by multi-accounts, 24/7 playtime, farming field for silver.
  2. RMT players, macro/bot players.

Then, in my opinion, IMC can fix the silver loss gained for new/casual players by :

1. Rework how Daily Dungeon goes for Lv400+. More silver gain, fast run, etc.
  2. Increase silver reward from Quest and dont cut the reward, which means IMC will encourage players to buy their Character Slot to make more silver.
  3. Adding “Pity drop” for those Vaivora weapons/Legend materials so people don’t get discouraged to play because they feel like the are unlucky, not getting those valuable things while they play like crazy.
  4. Adding more things on Mercenary Badge and increase its weekly limit.

I am completely okay with no silver gain policy by IMC, because it just lets players dominating all field/hunting ground maps, not letting people who want to do quest (example, Ramda) to be actually completing the quest. Also, while they said they gonna introduce CM/DS reset drops on field, I strongly suggest that the drop should be limited as well, preventing people to overstay on the field/hunting ground maps.

While GM has authority to ban those bot players/RMT, they simply can’t do it because the players who doing bot/macro/RMT will always try to exploit the game weaknesses and keep coming back doing those stuffs. You can’t lecture the ■■■■ out of them because they will answer “I can make new account, as long as I get the profit from that.”

tl;dr No silver gain is okay, as long IMC improves some contents to be newbie/casual friendly.

2 Likes

conspiracy theory said that the botters colony have collected them self trillions silvers and think they have enough so even when imc cutdown silver drop so silver kinda scarce except by doing hours of instance like cm/ds, the botters can now sell it at higher price
botters 1:0 imc
though i read theres still botters at baubas? meh they just need a life (or better game to bot)

Even more bots swarming on Baubas xD. Last time pre-no silver drop its around 5-6 players. Now? 10 players per channel.

IMC now arrives on the point of no return and they lost. No silver drop shows it didnt make botters to stop doing botter things, then the policy wrecks casual/newbie players.

That’s why I suggest IMC reworking some those daily contents rather than focus to fix or eliminate botters/RMT. It produces better result as any player can get benefit from that.

Especially if IMC really implements pity drop. Who wouldnt want VVR even if it is trash/wrong VVR ?

Given that the GMs will do all their job properly, however, it is also assumed that the GM’s will commit to various illegal activities to players once strict guidelines are not put in place. The developers invested a lot of money in the game and will not risk it just to be ruined by various GMs who will destroy the game by making illegal activities to the players.

If put in place a dedicated staff/GM to monitor the in-game activities of players was effective enough to totally eradicate botting, etc. It would have solved the bot problem already many years ago not just in TOS but in other games too. The game is MMORPG indeed, an online role-playing video game in which a very large number of people participate simultaneously. A Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game simply means multi-accounts and using 3rd party software programs that can make gaming better can never be avoided. Unless you remove the MM part of MMORPG and make it instance based in which most likely that TOS is moving to now. Purely Challenge Mode/Division Singularity slavery runs, is the only and fastest means to make silver now and in the future. The world boss mechanic in the game is gone now and is replaced by another instance based system called Joint Strike Raid. Additionally, if you spam too much CM/DS in a day which is limited will just cost you because the price of the CM/DS vouchers as of today has gone over 2M silver and we only make 1.4-1.6M silver in POD CM per run which means a losing end unless you have stocked a lot of vouchers from a long time ago.

Im just afraid this will end up like Indonesian TOS, as it didnt have dedicated in game GM and the GM got appointed was ■■■■■■■ annoying even telling us to stop playing it.