Tree of Savior Forum

Personal feedback [hunter 76]

Hi guys, I got a Hunter 76 and I’m here to share my feedback, as I think its important that everyone do the same. My english is not perfect but I hope you can get it. I will split my feedback into topics but first, some info:

Class: Archer -> Ranger -> Hunter
Level: 76 / 13
Playtime: 74 hours

My intention: Have an insane single target dps. I was going to wugushi, trying to have poison dot + pet dps + my own dps for some good damage.

Classes: ---------------------

Archer

I started as an archer, and felt it good overall. Early on I could easily kill mobs in few shots, multishot felt great and kneeling shot let me oneshot a lot of mobs for some easy grinding. Tried swift step at level 5 for better kiting, but didn’t notice much of a difference. I stopped activating it after a while. Didn’t bother with fulldraw.

Ranger

It started to be a tough time. Single target dps (or AoE that splits damage between mobs, which feel the same), hard time fighting ranged characters and no burst to kill blue mobs (unless having time to charge multishot and the monster being alone). I admit I felt bad, as I saw other classes doing some nice AoE damage while I falled behind.

Barrage was good, specially for bosses as they took all the arrows. But I don’t think this is the intention of the skill. Still, nice damage overall.

Steady Aim appeared to be a debuff. I put 5 points on it and prove it was a debuff. Getting around 10 damage and losing 55% atack speed at that level, AMAZING!

Critical Shot: okay skill. I used to kill boss minions as I could kite and keep doing some nice critic damage with no cooldown. Big SP cost. I left this skill after becoming Hunter.

High Anchoring: Terrible target design, different from the other archer skills. I did 100-130 damage at that time, and had to charge it. Its pretty bad at the moment and I couldn’t find a friend that liked it.

Hunter

Now a huge boost to DPS. I felt great at the start. The pet got some levels and started doing more damage than me. Bosses felt like a joke. Grindind was much better. However, the pet need some fixes.
First, I needed to stay very near my target. As an ‘archer’ I need to stay far but my pet would then run to me. Also, Rush Dog has a higher range than this. It means you can use it and your pet won’t go, but you will get the skill on cooldown and lose SP. The damage is great but as I saw other players companions doing some good damage too, I felt less rewarded by spending my rank here. Other skills were pretty much useless. Missed some way the pet could taunt enemies around. Defensive statuses for him were pretty useless. Also it would have great sinergy and save the Kneeling shot skill.

Game content ---------------------------------

I love the game so far! Lots of different monters, beautiful maps and great combat system. Liked equipment options too, just wish we could have some random statuses on them. Grinded for hours in the same place and all of us (friends) had the same equipments dozens of times. Quests were diverse enough. Need more variety of boss skills.

Experience -------------------------------------

Great at the start, as I could appreciate my first levels and discoveries. Horrible since level 20-30. That’s why I don’t think just increasing rates would solve the problem. I believe we need a softer curve of exp, so we can still enjoy the first levels and have great grindind later. Party leveling bonuses are fine. Then I didn’t like 3 things:

• Blue monster hunting: it was about who could kill more blues. Between friends we had more than 10 levels of difference after a while, because of luck. I really can’t like luck being so important. More normal monster experience, less blue monsters experience. Please.

• Monster exp scale: Not the biggest problem if the curve was softer. Still, monsters wouldn’t give enough experience as they became harder to kill. Having experience penalty was worth to kill weaker mobs.

• Questing: Receiving the same card for more than 10 levels is a problem. Good exp at the start, worthless exp at the end. Getting such low exp from them is another problem. I did a test as I went from level 45 to 72 grindind and then did all the quests I could, until the Mausoleum. I missed like 2 maps of sidequests, but still. All these cards gave me a little more than 2 levels. That’s HORRIBLE. I went from a level 46 area to a level 81!

Community ------------------------------------

Nothing much to say here. The community overall was great. People were nice and polite, asked for party, answered our questions, played together. KS and macros were all around, but well…

Now I have to make a little note about the BR community. As a brazilian myself I felt sad because of the all chat. Hope people gets banned if spamming, and they can only use “Shout” after some levels, doubt they will grind it everytime. Also, limited chat in cities please. If you want to talk to a friend, you will have party/whisper chat later.

Game Performance ------------------------

Didn’t have problems with high latency, and I was actually very happy with it. As I live in the South region of Brazil, it’s far from the server, but feels really great!

About FPS, I had some issues everytime something exploded in the screen. FPS could reach 200+ and suddenly go to 20-35. I saw friends playing with weaker Nvidia cards with no problems, don’t know if this is an issue with AMD cards. My config: Intel I5 4460, 2x 4gb ram, r9 280. Almost clean Windows 8.1 install.

Ah, and doing party quests was extremely laggy.

Bugs and glitches: ------------------------

Graphical Glitches: Graphical Glitchs ? (solid colors on hover)
Sliding Kneeling Shot bug: Sliding Kneeling Shot bug
Antidotes Mission text problem: Antidote’s Mission text problem
Monsters atacking returned pet: Monsters atacking returned pet
Missing Interface Parts: Missing Interface Parts
Archer Basic Atack bugs: Archer basic atack bugs
Can’t Complete Louis Farmland quest: Can’t complete Louis Farmland quest
Insane repeating anvil messages: Insane repeating anvil red messages
NPC dialogs don’t close when far: NPC dialogs don’t close when far

-------------------------------------------------

That’s it, hope it can be useful in any way. I loved the game overall and I think it needs polishing but not a big change in content. My hype was fullfiled, hope we can try an improved build soon :smile:

2 Likes

Nice guide man. Maybe I’ll try an archer out next time when they get the rates a bit higher.