Tree of Savior Forum

Permaban the following:

Every person who had ever created a +15 or greater weapon with no potential loss from upgrades, even if they destroyed it. Destroy all of these weapons in the hands of players who did not create them, and provide no compensation. If you can’t tell who made what, ban everyone, without exception.

Every member of every guild proven to crash channels intentionally for any reason.

Every member of every guild proven to have exploited the broken party invite system to break boss loot.

Everyone with a templeshooter at bee farm. They’re all autopotting. Every single one. Except me! But I’ll go down if they go down with me.

Every single account with one of those 80mil+ attributes at 100. They either bought silver, or were one of the above offending groups at some point. Also, every account with 100mil silver or more. Same rationale. EDIT: zeisbach suggested we might be killing whales with this one, which would be incredibly bad for the game. Good call. People in this category should simply be flagged for investigation.

Finally, ignore every ticket, forum thread, change.org or whatever the cheaters bring forward to get their exploited ■■■■ back.

Like post if you’re not one of those dirtbag exploiters. Post angrily about flaws in my idea if you are, but remember you aren’t fooling anyone.

23 Likes

After that, we all hail the Holy Image of Kim’s Golden Statue…
Wait, what…

7 Likes

The problem here is that technically its possible to make a +15 weapon without potential loss. The chance is small, but it’s possible. So rightout banning anyone that match these criteria would potentially harm innocents.

I’m pretty sure if i set my mind to it and had enough time and motivation i could get 100 mil quite easily. I’m sure there are several players with legit 100+ mil, why should they get banned?

You claim everyone with 100+ mil either bought silver or botted/used illegal 3rd party programs. Got any proof for your claim? Because as far as i know it’s very possible to get 100+ mil via legal means.

But yea, those who did get silver the illegal way should get banned. But you can’t just ban everyone who just happens to have more than X amount of silver.

You claim that every single one of them is autopotting, then immediately show a case (you) where this is not true. How can you then claim that you are the only exception? If you already are an exception, it’s highly likely there are more exceptions. Especially considering there are other channels, other servers. Can you really prove that for every player on every channel on every server who happen to have a templeshooter at bee farm?

3 Likes

Everyone with a templeshooter at bee farm. They’re all autopotting. Every single one. Except me! But I’ll go down if they go down with me.

I currently do not have a sorcerer, but I would semi-afk if I had one. Normally when I play my 3DS I’m right next to my computer, leaving my ToS char standing still for some time, but I’d still be there to check whether my character needed SP or if I needed to recast anything…Is that considered autopotting/botting in your eyes as well?

Perma ban for exploiters, less than that = massive quit of legit players

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

It’s technically possible to make a +35 weapon without potential loss, just like it’s technically possible for a player to have 100mil silver without breaking the game. These extreme implausibilities are what this game’s massive cheating and exploitation communities hide behind. This line of reasoning is an indestructible shield that protects the guilty.

What I am saying, in no unclear terms, is that this game’s economy needs to be burned out, and given IMC’s clear and proven lack of staffing, the only way to do this is indiscriminately. There will be a small amount of collateral damage. Small. I’m OK with this, even if I get burned myself. It’s for a good cause.

I won’t get burned myself, though, because I am the only sorc at bee farm that doesn’t use pots. I sometimes put down campfires and squat. I am the only person who does this. I am also really the only one who ever seems to log out when he’s done on his computer. Feel free to drop by and spend hours examining the habits of the AFK sorc. Because I’m tabbing back every five to eight minutes while I work and play other games, I have a damn good idea of what’s going on.

3 Likes

[quote=“ridleyco, post:7, topic:313789”]
I’m OK with this, even if I get burned myself. It’s for a good cause.[/quote]
Yes, you might be ok with this. However, I’m pretty sure you are in the minority on this. Most people will not agree to getting banned without having done anything wrong.

Heck… if it’s “for a good cause”, why not take it a bit further and wipe the server every week, just to make sure every botter gets removed? Sure, there will be collateral damage, but I’m pretty sure players will love starting from scratch every week,eh? Afterall, it’s “for a good cause”.

[quote=“ridleyco, post:7, topic:313789”]
I am the only person who does this[/quote]
Can you say the same for every channel on every server? I doubt that.
And how does not potting but using a campfire prove that you are the only one being innocent? Is not using campfires a sign of illegal 3rd party programs? When grinding i usually don’t use firecamps because i just take a lv10 mana potion and continue hunting. Should i be banned for that?

1 Like

You’re starting to talk nonsense. Weekly server wipe? What? That has nothing to do with a conversation about guilty until proven innocent.

I’m thinking big picture. Think about how much frustration and anger the exploiting causes the overwhelming majority of the player base. Now think about replacing that frustration with a tiny minority of unfairly banned players. This game is going to die at the rate things are going. We all know it. What’s the lesser evil, here? The answer is obvious.

As for bee farming - all the servers? No. Just Klaipeda. I know the habits of the bee farmers incredibly well, here, and I know they’re cheating because they never ever log out and their templeshooters are out 100%. The only way to do both of those things is autopot.

As for bots and campfires, yeah, I know what side of this you’re truly on, now. You tried to use “well maybe bots could use campfires, ever think of that, hmn?!?!” as part of your infinite shield of plausible deniability.

The sooner you get banned for whatever was on my list that you’re doing, the better. Your days are numbered. I can guarantee this because either all the exploiters die off, or the game dies off. Either way, see you.

1 Like

https://charliefoxtrotnation.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/nukey_nuke_it_from_orbit_its_the_only_way_to_be_sure0.jpg

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Please someone make a poll about closing TOS and relaunching it later on when everything is fixed and perma-banned

1 Like

SHUT UP AND JOIN THE CIRCLEJERK

bAN eVERYoNE

1 Like

ToS is f*cked up!! Lets impale Hkim now!!

7 Likes

IMC missed the point of a beta test. See, serious game breaking exploits are supposed to be fixed during beta. If, at any point, serious game breaking exploits make it out of beta they are typically ‘hotfixed’ the very week they are reported.

I noticed that players have to band together and form protest mobs to get IMC to do their job. That is laughable and quite sad. At the end of the day, Tree of Savior is just another MMORPG in a long list of other MMORPGs. The developers are either cash grabbing or are hilariously bad at managing a video game of this size.

I am hanging around to see what happens. It is like watching a thrilling TV series with a hook for a catchphrase after every episode:

“Will IMC ban exploiters and hotfix exploits and other cheater loopholes? Or! Will the players, grief stricken that their pleas fall on deaf ears, finally journey west to far away lands in search of a new place to call home.”

#Stay tuned for next week’s episode of Tree of Savior

3 Likes

We are still in alpha test. Wake up.

To clarify : I never did anything wrong in TOS, i never cheated in any MMORPG and i’m very much against cheating in general.

However, i’m very much against your “for the greater good everyone with these criteria should get banned, without exceptions, even if it means innocent players will get banned too”-attitude and i’m just pointing out aspects of your suggestions where innocent people might suffer due to your suggested criteria for bans.

I’m quite concerned about your “guilty until proven innocent” / “punish everyone even if it causes harm to innocents. As long as the criminals get punished it’s ok to have collateral damage”-attitude, it’s very archaic and people nowadays should know better.

Or, just to suggest an alternative, don’t blindly and foolishly ban everyone but actually determine who did illegal things and who is innocent and only ban the guilty. Was that concept, only punish the guilty, too hard to think about?
“Naaaahh… just punish everyone, as long as you somehow hit the criminal in the process harming innocents is alright. FOR THE GREATER GOOD!”

1 Like

Making 100 million server in legit ways isn’t as impossible as you think it is, especially for the more hardcore players.

1 Like

This thread is worth … no not even worth 2 cents…

No, I did in fact say, I’d take a ban if all the dirtbag cheating garbage were banned too. I’d start over happily.

Next time maybe you’d better did read bro.