Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta pve build

2000%? Where are you getting that from?

The attribute increases it by 150% for each and the damage is additive. So Umbro and Rim Blow would be 731% at 15/15 with high guard attribute and murm attributes maxed, Synchro would be 734% then the bonus counter attack damage, and so on and so forth.

For comparison, stomping kick is 878% + 30% from Wild Nature for 908% and Scism is…something ridiculous. It’s 256% but it’s a fake multihit so it’s really just 1 large hit that hits 5 times with Wild Nature and additionally gets bonus damage from it as well.

Also:

umbro thrust lv5 is 826% and cassis crista attribute lv.10 is 150%. It not 826%+150% but 826 with 150% that mean 2065% with enchance attribute lv100 = 3097%

Nice video, though I couldn’t really watch it till the end cause the screen staggering was giving me headaches…

:sweat_smile:[quote=“sweeptheleg, post:35, topic:364211”]
The attribute increases it by 150% for each and the damage is additive.
[/quote]

That’s not really how it works, though. The 150% extra damage is the same as multiply skill % by 2.5.

Here’s some vids of Synchro Thrust and Umbro Thrust with and without Cassis Crista (my attribute is lv 10 for both skills).

Yeah, you two are right about that. I was reading the Grand Modifier thread and in neither of those posts did it show that Enhancements worked that way.

Regardless, the build was designed around having the largest AoE skills in the swordsman skill tree and clearing as quickly as possible by hitting as many enemies as possible with the highest damage % modifiers available. An unattributed Giant Swing is 30x base damage and once you learn how to use it, it’s extremely good. I don’t know if it even has an AoE attack ratio, because I’ve seen it clear full groups of mobs before.

It’s also ridiculously easy to level. At no point of time have I struggled with anything with this build.

After watching 290 clears on YT I noticed that the similarity between them was spamming waaaaaaaay too many attacks and having extremely endgame gear, both to me don’t necessarily show the optimality of their actual skill build. For me, this build provides:

A large amount of bonus crit through Cleave + Finestra (+200 without having to go hop 3)
A large amount of block with Finestra, Guard + attributes (890 when active, without blue gems)
A normal amount of evasion (Guardian’s attribute completely compensates for Finestra’s -evade)
Several skills with Large hitboxes/big base AoE attack ratios in Cyclone, Stomping Kick, Umbro Blow (circle around you), Scism, Giant Swing, and the murm skills
Several hundreds of bonus P.atk if fully buffed (+671 with DoV, 5 stacks of Frenzy with maintain stacks, and warcry)
Access to 2H swords if I choose to ever switch out for extra damage, as well as spears
Double Pay Earn with skills actually strong enough to 1-shot mobs.

Finally, although I’m trading damage off from Umbro and Rim for some Barb/Dopp attack skills, those are strong in their own right, and I lose no damage on Synchro Thrust either. It seemed like with Pelt 3/Rodo 3 there are too many attack skills, but each did a similar thing, and you only really have so many hotkeys.

hop3 is like +20% dmg to all skill dont miss it. when u get high-end gear u will see a different.

From the 1H spear attribute? Even so, you wouldn’t be able to go Sword, Pelt 3, Rodo 3, Hop3, murm or something of the nature, most builds would lose out on that damage anyways.

Getting 20% extra damage from that attribute, to me, doesn’t make other builds unviable, since Hoplites other skills besides Synchro, Spear Lunge and Finestra aren’t actually that good.

Every skill I use already gets bonus damage from somewhere anyways. Scism, Giant Throw, and Stomping Kick get extra damage from Wild Nature. Umbro Blow gets extra damage from Cassis attribute (when I decide to finally get it), all my slash skills can be buffed through Cleave and all my strike skills can be further buffed through Headbutt.

1h spear attribute = all skill u use with medium size enermy have bonus 20% when u equip 1h spear. that mean all skill from sword, pelt, rodel, mur and upcoming class have 20% extra dmg to many mob in the game.

u can try sw1 pel3 hop3 mur1. i did it in reset event, it’s good build too.

I understood you the first time.

I’m not saying it’s not good, I’m saying you can get the damage from elsewhere. Also, I have synchro thrust. Although I wouldn’t be able to Spear Lunge --> Headbutt —>Synchro, I’m still able to Headbutt —>Synchro, and against a boss the 20% bonus damage wouldn’t apply anyways from the attribute. For non-bosses, this is a mobbing, Diablo-style barbarian build.

If I was geared the same way as you were, there shouldn’t be very much I wouldn’t be 1 - 2 shotting outside of ET anyways.

Barbarian C3 isn’t a bad class, but it won’t scale as well as other options along with Murmillo once you start transcending your weapon and getting very high physical attack…

The 2000% or more skill factor from murmillo’s attributes will make a huge difference once your weapon starts getting around 3k+ atk. Much more difference than what you get from Warcry (+400 atk) with lesser skill factor (around 1250% for seism, and that’s your strongest skill).

You would be able to 1-hit mobs outside ET with a barb3 build and heavily tuned up gears, but your skills would do about half damage (or even less) of a Rodel/Hop/Pelta build with Murmillo…

Once you get your Synchro Thrust’s Murmillo attribute to lvl 10, you will see Synchro’s damage, even being just skill lvl 5, will easily surpass the damage of Seism even with all 5 wild natures.

Even though I thoroughly love my current character and I’m pretty sure it’d work out fine regardless, I’m gonna roll another and see how much of a difference the attributes make.

Gonna do: Sword 1-Pelt 2-Rodo-Hop 3-Murm and see how that goes.

So far, these skills are considerably less fun to use. Hoping the damage at c8 makes it worth it.

can you link your skill build. I’m following this path… now at Sw1-Pelt3-Hop2 atm.

stat wise, STR or DEX? recommended gears as well? :slight_smile: Thanks

Skill Build:

Gear Advice:

I went full STR.

thank you! is the -10% attack from High Guard negligible??

No, it’s not negligible.
It’s actually a big difference in your damage.

Each transcedence stage in wingshard spear gives around ~250 atk. If you have a +11 wingshard at transcedence 10 and use High Guard lv 10, you lose more than 500 atk which equates as if you were using the same weapon but only at transcedence stage 8.

My Headbutt, for example, goes from 62k damage to 56k damage (which is exactly about 10% less damage). The difference is quite perceptible.

Can you guys tell me if I should Max Guardian or High Guard for a Pelt3 Rod3 Murm build?

@mrshadowccg Hello! I am considering either going Rodelero 3 or Hoplite 3 as a tank. I have read your posts and know that Rodelero 3 is the more offensive of the builds. I am leaning towards the Hoplite 3 and my question is how do you fare while leveling? Is your damage sufficient enough to level without a party?

It’s actually very hard to pick a class that’ll suck at leveling post combat patch. Most quests are easily done by every build (even full supports) and you can always level quickly by going into auto-match with a party.

Pelta3 -> Hop3 has decent damage (before Murmillo) and Swash Buckling can help grouping mobs together so leveling shouldn’t be a problem at all.

That looks great! Could I please provide a build for this? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

All right, thank you. I will be starting the build today :smiley: