Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta... May or may not be good

If you’re not using Rode C2 for a tank swordsman, you’re doing wrong since slithering can make you imune to magic dmg…

Hmmm - this is a matter of perspective.

I do not completely agree with the more strength and atk power you have, the worst things get while using High Guard.

Why? Because you are increasing your base. I’m not one to go into all the mathematics. But increasing the base changes the final value, doesn’t it?

An oversimplified example if you will – if you have 100 Total Physical Attack and you use High Guard. Your total effective rate will go down 50.

But let’s say you try to improve your Physical Attack through a combination of additional STR and Gear. For instance if you could increase it from 100 to let’s say 200. Your effective rate with High Guard would now be 100. Not 50. Which I think is not going progressively worse.

To say it get’s worse is somewhat inaccurate. You don’t get to enjoy the improvement a lot but it is an improvement nonetheless.

But which will help you more without sacrificing a lot? I would probably think getting better gears is the most obvious route as all players would want to level up their gear periodically. As far as stats is concerned, small investments may be in order but not to a point that you sacrifice your Survivability. (Which is of course you core asset as a “Tank”)

In general, I agree that Peltasta loses a lot on offense due to skill penalties. This is the trade off for being more defensive. I certainly can’t qualify how different it might be if you just stayed in the first circle which allow you to actively block already. A lot of people believe the class needs a lot of rework but I really think its a matter of perspective. In the end, you just can’t have it all. So I think the weight of it all falls down on how you look at it and what you want your toon to end up doing.

1 Like

I agree with you, with guard Peltasta is already immortal again physique attack, if you get the same damage as say, same rank support class who die in 2 hits, then Peltasta would be too OP
(Acutally they did do more damage than Priest C3 right ?)

I’m using this one and I didn’t have any problems tanking until now. You’re not just a meat shield, you can CC and put enemies off balance also deal with magic damage properly.
I went to just 100 Con then 3 - 1 Str/Dex. It is not bad as it seems(or ppl say) and you can deal damage also keep the agro even with the defense buffs on with is a awesome thing.
I hope it helps :smiley:

My point was that the benefits of Highguard do not scale and the disadvantages of it do… which is absolutely horrifying…

1 Like

Did they change it to block effects as well, or is it still just magic damage immunity? Because that’s pretty important.

@OP, Pelstata does not suck. Their attributes are among the best in the game. They can turn a flimsy character into a fairly tanky one, or a tanky one into a fortress. You are looking at things purely in terms of DPS it would seem.

Guardian level 1 is absolutely amazing, especially given how lackluster Gung Ho is 80% of the game. 18% evasion is nothing to scoff at. Swashbuckling’s HP increase is fantastic (25% is insane). You even get a 25% boost to your block simply by having a shield equipped. With one circle of pelstata you have 3 passives that scale AMAZINGLY well into late game.

If you’re investing into later ranks of pelstata, you are probably looking to be a PvE focused tank, which they naturally excel at. Judging a PvE focused tank based on PvP damage is just as silly as judging a Rogue on their ability to tank. Anything physical attack based to you is a joke. With some HP on your gear or some Con added in, paired with the naturally high HP of a swordsman, your HP is high enough to survive some fairly devastating magic attacks.

edit: didn’t notice someone necro’d this thread, sorry.

Just magic damage from how far I used it, you can still recieve CC and other things but if the damage is magic it is negated. You can reset slithering if you recieve a knockdown and stop the casting, when you stand up agin the skill is ready for use(that’s dope @_@)

I don’t know where did You get this info about slithering…but If you read the description and whatch the video, once you start going forward you can’t control it and it is not a buff so it least only during the animation…if you catch something on your way You are out of magic damage resistance. It is not worth 2 ranks to put this skill on level 1.

I still prefer go to Squire as a Utility CC.

Sir I’m using it, you can walk to every direction you wish, I did it with no accesories and still makes you imune. Shal I record a video and show you?

Ah well… part of the challenge I guess. They did indicate a difficulty advise for the class roll-out so I guess its really a matter of embracing it.

There you go sir

Also the first one I made

1 Like

Nop…should the video of skill description be in better shape on the game and on fansite.

On skill description it says crouch and move forward and on the video it is exactly what happens.

Still not worth for a tank/utility oriented build going rodelero just for 10 seconds of magic damage immunity.

May be for a DPS oriented it could be GREAT to have. Also I would still have another 16 seconds without magic protection so i’m going to need mdefs equips anyway.

Just watched…what A waste this skill being on Rodelero C2 and not Peltasta C3.

But be careful IMO this skil can be corrected or modified while the description still incorret.

I’m pretty sure that IMC knows that slithering works this way and would be a nonsense if nothing can have protection aganist magic damage.
You can just CC mobs when slithering ends, your mates will love it too if the mobs have aoe magic damage.

About the description, “move foward” you must agree that every direction you walk is “foward” right? xD

Also I heard that RODE will be buffed. So It might get even better? o.o

So there is no need to write “move forward”…I’m thinking more of GVG as a guild leader then PvE. As i said i can handle Mdamage with mdef and cloth propertie so i spare 2 ranks and buff my Squire getting my teammate with upgraded Weapon, Food, long equip durability and some cc from the Net.

Also we get a teleport location with the base camp.

next is finally Templar…

I understand you. What made me run for rode fencer was this video.

That continuous knockdown bug trick from Shield Charge in this video has been fixed already - you can’t do that anymore:

http://pastebin.com/9kk6NikX

Rodelero - Canceling the Following skills With Guard© - ‘Shield Charge, Slithering Skills’ have been corrected where the skills could be used when the cool-down was still in effect.

I know that, but it is very inspiring xD

So that is why i couldn’t understand very well what happened in this video.