Tree of Savior Forum

Peltasta... May or may not be good

Well, I can’t make much more of an argument.
Although it still feels a little bit like they’re forcing you to get certain skills.

Can you confirm this works? I.E. Will it really let you buy the attributes?

I really doubt it’s true. If it works then it’s definitely a bug. Otherwise C3 would become almost pointless(you can tank pretty everything with C2).

If it was possible it would make min maxing too luck based.
Those who gut such a gem succeed others fail.

And there are lots of other skills that require 3 points only for attribute. If it worked this way you could’ve used divine might/monster gem for every of them and get attr using 1 point.

It really sounds wrong for me that luck based items is the only way to success.

Oh, BTW thanks for killing my build. Now I don’t know what I want for Rank 7 since I’m taking Peltasta C3.

(Please note the build name)

Rodelero c3 or fencer?

@Derael your right… prpb it will not work :cry: but will still try it.

Yeah, but I hate the way fencer skills look… And Rodelero 3 the only thing my build would gain is -75 more defense with shield push.
I might just go Dragoon for the super high DPS.

Whatever the case thanks to you both.

isn’t the high guard attributes unlocked by levels in umbo/rim?

thats another unsolved question…

On tosbase.com it says that level six is required in the skill it’s boosting not high guard’s level, look under required on this page:
http://www.tosbase.com/database/attributes/102020/
So maybe you don’t even need high-guard 6? I suppose all we can do now though is wait.

Wut, how I did I kill your build?)

I had similarly looking build but with PeltC2 and Rod3 + Fencer C1. Looks perfectly fine for me as damaging/cc tank. And you can go DEX STR CON for better damage with it(+100% EVA rules) and lose very few survivalbility (though mages hurt).

But now I know that High3 Skull Swing nullifies defense so I wonder why I should pick rodelero now. Hope they will nerf armor break to 50%.

Lvl 6 in umbro/rim might be the case, it will make pelt C2 even better. Might go Pelt C2 Rod C2 Fen C2 now.

Oh, I didn’t even realize you were the person that was suggesting that on my other topic… I definitely agree, it makes shield push pointless if someone has skull swing in the party. T.T

And if Umbo/Rim blow can get the specialty with High Guard 1 then I will probably not be taking Peltasta C3 do to the fact it’s back to being somewhat useless.

It doesn’t happen this way…the atributes from high guard on full level makes the skill OP…I can tank how many bosses i want if they are phisical atack…they just can’t touch me.

Only thing i need to know is what I will do against magick atacks.

See my build Full CON so far.

Need magic def/immunity?

Rodelero Slithering.

Why would a Peltasta ever build for DEX? That line of thinking has always baffled me. Aside from accuracy, there’s no reason to ever build DEX on a Peltasta because currently evasion checks override block checks. This is bad since you need to get those blocks to proc bonus damage on Umbo Blow. Either way you’re not mitigating magic damage, so might as well build for CON to improve block chance and HP (STR should still be the main stat obviously).
Nobody is saying that Peltasta can compete with the DPS classes, but that’s not to say they can’t do damage. Smart rotation with High Guard and C1 skills combined with the utility that your C3 skills provide makes it to where you don’t have to sit and block everything with your face and be generally unproductive. Now if only something can be done about shield lob…

this my build

Full Con
4 x Cloth Armor
full con for get high block and hp.
Peltasta had many skill and attribute to increases pdef when press C
and mostly patk mob atk can block by press C key
so i choose to use cloth.
cloth armor get attribute to get more mdef and decreased 10% magic taken per attribute.
it did a great tank in dungeon and grinding.
Peltasta c1~c2 really very difficult to solo but go for C3 get 3 dps
Butterfly - Umbo Thrust - Langort
this 3 skill give a great dps for solo grinding or boss fight but provo 1 group mob you need use all skill to kill its and sometime will not clear all you need to wait skill cooldown.
Peltasta really need a party for grinding

Sorry for my bad English

You don’t do damage as peltasta. Like, at all. So don’t care about those bonus damage on Umbro procs.

Hybrid CON DEX build is the most efficient for survivalbility.

You might drop STR totally if you are going full tank.

Though if you go somewhat offensive peltasta, then you still want DEX for crit. But in this variant you don’t need to much CON, instead you want to max STR and DEX with like 80 CON in total.

You can tank good enough with not that high amount of CON, if you have a decent healer.

And if you get rode 2 or 3 you can tank even magic mobs.

Dex doesn’t do anything for you against magic, and against physical you already have Guard and you don’t need evasion. So if you’re going full tank, go full CON.

Cleric heals scale with max HP, so the more HP you have, the most efficiently you get healed.

This just broke my heart… it’s so true… unless something changes with the skill when we’re Lv280+ the -50% damage on [Highguard] is going to really really hurt where as the extra block is going to be less and less valuable as we level and get our own block…

TAleast here’s mulit hit mechanics against staggered enemys xD…