Tree of Savior Forum

Path to Dragoon

Hey guys,

so i’m really hyped about the Dragoon class and thought about some builds. I can’t really decide on going Hoplite C3 or Cataphract C3.

I got 2 builds that i would prefer:

Cataphract C3 > Dragoon

For this build i also could need some advice on what to spend my remaining points for Cataphract on :confused:

Hoplite C3 > Dragoon

So in general I could need some advice for deciding which path to go. I want this char to be more dps than tank focused, but still offer some survivability and “tankiness”.

Btw: some other ideas on what skills to choose as Swordsman?! Kinda lost on the Buffs and I don’t think i need both offensive spells of Swordsman…

!!! EDIT: I looked at @Cathexis Mini Guide and came up with another build that i think would fit my needs perfectly.

Swordsman > Peltasta C1 > Hoplite C3 > Doppelsoeldner C1 > Dragoon

What do you think about this one?

Stat-wise: Would you go pure Str, pure Dex or a mix of both? I’m thinking on Str in the early to about 50 and then go Dex and also some Con for a little more survivability.

Thanks in advance for any kind of feedback :smiley:

1 Like

This one is similar to what i was thinking but a lot of people have been advocating the cata goon build.

I actually forgot an edit. Changed the Cata C1 to Doppelsoeldner C1 :smiley: Guess that fits the actual playstyle of this build better than Cata C1.

But with Deeds of Valor i hope i don’t lose too much survivability. I just have no experience on ToS as I never played any cbt

Isnt it better to stay with atleast 1 Cata for mobility since u can use dragoon skills while mounted?

we pretty much have the same skill build except on the Dragoon build. I dont understand why not have Gae Bolg? I would probably understand if you’re more like of a PvE player but for PvP I think this is one of the killing skills dragoon have to kite Mages/Archers

@dorfpower I don’t think Cata C1 is actually worse for the small amount of mobility you gain. Edit: Well, it just dawned on me… Can i only mount my pet when i choose Cata or also without choosing him?

@Etherstar Thought of it for pvp too but i don’t really like pvp. Also i don’t like the fact you have to pick it up after you have thrown it…

oh… FYI you really don’t need to pick it up. What will happen is the spear will disappear but it will be in your inventory unequipped. So Normally you have 1 hand spear and 2 two spear with you all the time. So why not throw your 1 hand spear or probably 2 hand spear for better damage, then wait for it to be returned to you inventory and while you are waiting for it, wear your 1 hand or 2 hand spear which ever you haven’t used for Gae Bolg

Well that actually makes sense XD But as i mentioned, i’m not that much into pvp and therefor i don’t think this skill will be of much use for me :smiley:

1 Like

I was about to say leave Swash Buckling at 1 if you’re going for PvP path. But I guess that doesn’t matter now XD

Well but another important thing to know is if i can only mount if i got cata? Cause that would be quite interesting then, although i don’t know if i really need it to play dragoon…

If you’re going for Hoplite, I guess you don’t really need DEX, your skills scale really well with STR, just use the 150 crit rate to your advantage with superb crit attack and phys attack

dex is still vital for a class that uses skills a lot. This is to maximize damage… There’s a lot of guide regarding what is better for a Cataphract damage output Dex or Str. You’ll find that on youtube. one is Click Here

I know that, Idk where you got the Cataphract part from my post, I clearly said Hoplite. Hoplite doesn’t have as high base damage on his skills, just like Dragoon(Dragontooth and Serpentine), that’s why STR is better. Finestra giving 150 crit rate can basically carry you out with consitant crits even @lv200, it’s more benefitial for you to go STR in a Hoplite character, I’d probably put 0 points into DEX. That’s just my point of view tho. PS: This guy was actually abit wrong when he was talking about his weapon dmg/lvl you need to get at its damage. @lv 178, you reach 400str going full str Good video tho.

I know you said hopelite. But his final class is Dragoon undergoing Cataphract :slight_smile: I’m referring to the 1st link he posted.

It didn’t come to my mind you were referring to the 2nd build.(2nd link) coz we were at a topic right now discussing Cataphract. My bad XD

This build is what I’m going, going to focus mostly on strength and dex while adding points into con and spirit just to give an extra boost.

It’s fine. I feel like the Hoplite version would end up giving you more utility/damage comparing to Cataphract. Cataphract utility skills are resolved around your movement, while Hoplite’s is more complete with Movement + Movement Impairing of enemies because of Long Stride and Throwing Spear, which is what I personally prefer.

Question on restrain is says per attack is it auto attack or does the stun have a chance of triggering on each skill hit?

Why don’t you get Spear Lunge?
The debuff helps your Dragoon skills and honestly literally every one of your skills that isn’t Earth Wave and Steed Charge.

It’s a toss up, I’d have to sacrifice 5 points from something else, and the only real viable choice is stabbing, since pierce is a real boss destroyer with 4 hits and finestra is an absolute for being maxed, not only that, but spear lunge has a max effect time of 6 seconds.

Also Restrain only works with auto attacks, it does not work with skills.

Didn’t test it during beta, thanks for letting me know