Tree of Savior Forum

Particle Effect Optimization

Greetings Saviors!

We have made an announcement regarding ‘Particle Effect Optimization’.

You can check the details at our official website from the following link.

Link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=2404

Thank you as always for your continued support, enthusiasm and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,

IMC Staff

I don’t see the improvement, seems the FPS actually decreases with 32k particles compared to 8k… Plus the FPS is stuck to 30 anyway with the bugged graphical parameter in the Settings tab…

1 Like

“This particle optimization patch will be applied during the scheduled maintenance on November 9.”

Looks like we already got the particle optimization patch : ) lucky us.

2 Likes

This particle optimization patch will be applied during the scheduled maintenance on November 9.

You guys sure about that one?

1 Like

What bug? //////////////////

There is a new parameter in the Graphics tab of the Settings page called “Maximum background FPS” that is set to 30 by default, turning your FPS to 30. If you change the parameter and increase it, the FPS doesn’t change and is stuck at 30. I’ve never been able to bypass this problem since the update of August 24 which introduced it, maybe manually by changing something in the config files? No idea…

mine goes up to 60, but that setting is to set the FPS cap when you alt-tab away from the game…

No idea why then… My max FPS was 75 before (using 75 Hrz monitor + vertical sync option) and dropped to 30 since that update without anything else happening on my computer. I’ll have to check the config files and my GFX card in case some software update changed some setting.

After some investigation, it seems the vertical sync parameter is set to “use 3d application setting” (basically using ToS client default), which is set to “adaptive – half refresh rate” for the 64 bit client and “adaptive” for the 32 bit client. For a 75 Hrz monitor, you’ll get max FPS of 37.50 for the 64 bit client and 75 for the 32 bit client. Better use the 32 bit client then, even more when the game seems to run much smoother that with the 64 bit client.