Tree of Savior Forum

Pardoner ICBT2: Mechanics of the skills & attributes

Skill explantion as of ICBT2 (this is a link to the google doc)

It’s linked to a google doc because Tsuyucchi mentioned problems editing the older pardoner thread.

It’s my basic insight into the pardoner class after reaching to level 200 in ICBT2 (heavily influenced by Tsuyucchi thread).

If you have any questions or anything to that you want to test with pardoner, then i’ll try to do it before beta is over. Note: Scroll pardoner, but i know 1-2 spell shop pardoners if stuff needs to be tested with spellshop.

Feel free to point out any errors. Since this is probably the first and last time i’ll be doing something like this.

Sample:
Dispeller Scrolls

Procs on (Status Effects [3]):
Armor Break, Bleeding, Burn, Confusion, Darkness, Decay, Freeze, Lethargy, Loss of control (impale, telekinesis, and etc.), Petrification, Poison, Provoke, Root, Shock, Silence, Sleep, Slow, Stop, and Stun

Procs on (Unclassified):
Conviction, Coursing, Deprotect Zone, Fire Pillar, Hexing, Monstrance, Shrink Body, Swell body and Zalciai

Doesn’t work on:
Death Sentence, Knockdowns, Knockbacks, Joint Penlty, Snow Rolling and Telepathy

10 Likes

It covers the class kit quite accurately, well done

I have a Hunter C3 in Zemyna if u want to test dispeller (what’s ur server?). However, last time I tried I couldn’t apply growling to other players. Pretty strange because it works on bosses, while other pvp-able skills don’t.

Also, did you try retrieve? Snatching?

:smiley: great i’ll be in Fedimian right now
Growling (fear). Fear is the hardest of all the status debuffs to find currently.

i’m at mercenary post

Nice guide thank you. I actually got my answers that I still wanted to know.

…and just a little note to Pardoners that I wanted to say… Please don’t be so greedy… I’m sure you would make lots of profit even if you don’t sell dispellers for like 10 times of its crafting cost… I actually think you would make more because I would buy like 100 but with the prices I saw I actually don’t buy them… :F But anyway if you stay greedy I will make my own Pardoner and make dispellers for myself and I’ll ruin your business with my cheap dispellers. You can take it as a threat. :3 XD

All it really comes down to supply and demand. Prices will eventually lower with more C1 pardoners into the game (like it was with squires and alchs). Dispellers is more of side-business for c3 priest/pardoners until they can hit c2 for spell shop. Dispellers is chump change compared to the lucrative business of spell shop.

1 Like

I don’t sell scrolls, but if i did i can understand why pardoners may seem ‘greedy’.
It’s inherited from the master.

This dialogue line pretty much made me choose pardoner over monks. :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome guide :D, i have a question,for the spell shop, would the attributes of Blessing and Sacrament will also be applied if the pardoner has them or no?

Great guide!

Question: Does Discerning Evil extend the duration of all debuffs on a monster, or just one?
Thanks =3

The skill description: “Extend the duration of harmful effects applied to the enemy.” (5 max with attribute)
So the answer would be more than one.

Post-Script:
Went out to test it, I can confirmed that it’s more then one if not all (applied zalch and armor break and both were extended).

Yeah, there’s also an attribute you can get to increase number of targets affected

Yes, it does. Confirmed

Easy to test. I bought a sacrement debuff from spellshop pardoner that i know that has lvl 5 Sacrament: Dark Resistance.
After i bought the buff, checked my stats and there it was +25 Dark resistance.(had 0 before).

1 Like

how dispeller Works? its like a buff (stays ‘on’ for some time and on that time you can’t get hit by any debuff) or it stays on until you get one debuff and gets cancelled?

you toggle the dispeller to become active, it gets a glowing square if it’s active and placed in your hot bar. it preemptively stops your character from being affected by debuffs by consuming a scroll each time. It seems to chew through scrolls when standing in things like fire pillar from enemies though.

iirc you only need to re-active the dispeller on map changes.

1 Like

Could you explain how was this possible ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29297294/Tree%20of%20Savior/scrolls.png

iCBT2 in Zemyna, did not try to actually buy any though but he was apparently selling some for not long.
Note : it’s also one of the person who became centurion (few days before exploit was spread) so I am unsure whether it is intended or not.

Fade, Divine Might are not listed (many others buffs actually, it is vague overall) in neither craftable / not craftable, what’s your thought on this ?

I think it’s a person messing with client files.
Might be something related to this topic;
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/bug-simony-scrolls/122117
I have had a pardoner (way before ctrla) and those skills were certainly not craftable.
the list for this beta was too tiny.

I’m well aware of them. Those skills aren’t supposed crafted from the legit method IMC set for simony.

This issue has already already reported to IMC and they are looking it. I probably wouldn’t prod too far into it because you might end up under the ban hammer.

Current available skills: Cure, Deprotected Zone, Aukuras, Zalciai,
Daino, Monstrance, Restoration, Turn Undead, Barrier, Arcane Energy,
Clairvoyance, Forecast

Removed skills (from simony available skills): Heal, Safety Zone, Zaibas, Smite, Change, Counter Spell.

All other unlisted aren’t scroll-able like DM and Fade.

Note the list can be subject change if IMC determines it needs to be changed

1 Like

And about Mackangdal, can be used by Spell Shop or Simony?

No.

It’s would be too op and or deadly if it was @.@
Think about about 20+ min duration spell shop Mackangdal = Near 100% Instant death the moment it wears off :joy: unless you can null the damage in time.

1 Like