Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Feedback - NO BS Theorycrafting

@redwea Resist Elements is good as it’s 20% chance to nullify elemental damage. With just Level 1 Barrier it should be fine.

You can always rely on skills like fade and safety zone because it makes you invulnerable (mostly?). Fade is really nice to shake off enemies and bosses.

I might do level 9 Turn Undead and 1 Barrier. Not a bad idea at all. xD

The magic defense is barely noticeable, especially by your teammates.

I prefer full-Int and some Con than Str or Dex. Because Int is good for healing and scales with your restoration skill when using heal tiles or mass heal. It doesn’t take much con to have a decent amount of HP.

But if you want to make a Diev, I suggest around 90 Con and 500+ Str and use high accuracy gloves.

Most recent patch notes

But evasion and crit rate scaling with Dex is bad. The main reason I wanted to make a Dex-build was for the evasion to help with survivability and reduced chance of knock back. Some con is better than Dex in PvE even if knock back gets f*king annoying sometimes.

An issue with Cleric is while swordsman can dash to close distance or escape, clerics cannot. So going for a melee Cleric it might be disappointing. Especially if your cure damage and heal sucks because you forgot to get Int.

The main issue I have with a Melee-Paladin is that you have to juggle so many stats. You need Str for smite and conviction damage, carve if you are a dievdirby. Int for healing and cure damage. And cure is really nice damage because a lot of enemies are weak against holy.

But by focusing on Str or Int you have better scaling with rank than other stats. +10% per rank.

My friend calculated that I’d have about 30% crit rate with mobs that have 100 crit resist at level 280. That’s with 320 or more DEX.

It’s always better to go for Pure STR for a damage build. So this would work better for a Diev-Paladin.

Here’s a video of the diev paladin full dex build. Fade really saved me in the fight and it was so laggy too. I don’t know why my frame rate got so bad, sorry for the poor quality. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the video! And I totally forgot what level to reach paladin class. Can you advise what base level to reach next rank please.
Rank 2-15 ish
Rank 3-45 ish
Rank 4-75 ish paladin
Rank 5-120 ish
Rank 6-??
Rank 7-??

For full str with 90 vit, can you suggest how much Int I could take. I like your earlier idea with 160 int too

1 Like

If it’s a question of INT or STR, then get INT first, it will help with leveling and wrecking bosses with Cure. :thumbsup:

I would suggest to raise Con and Int first until you reach 60 Con and 70 Int at a ratio of 1:1. This worked really well for me.

Afterwards you can raise Str to like 140~150, then get Int if you think you need more or focus on Str to get a better bonus in that stat at higher rank.

• leather gloves and accuracy gems to hit enemies.
  • venepede boots for poison property attack
  • eklectus necklace for lightning property attack
  • 115 dungeon shield for ice property attack or
  • arde dagger for fire property attack
  • catacomb (level 170) mace for +300 magic attack and +1500 hp
  • valia mace (level 115) for + 50 holy property attack

Edit: You can always use pardoner buffs blessing + sacrament after a couple of weeks from the start when people start setting up buff shops.

Ranks: 15, 41, 83~86, 126, 176~177, 217

Thanks a lot man.

Stats are done, class prolly diev>pally c3. R7 will decide later and still deciding to go turn undead or conversion or some of both. I just need to find out how many monster I can convert with each level.

@redwea Check your messages, I made another edit after sending you a private message.

Sounds good btw. Soloing will be a little slow due to questing. If you have someone to do the first 120 levels with it’ll go more smoothly especially when there are no buff shops available in town.

I’ll be making a swordsman first and a paladin later to cover various contents. So I’ll be funding my 2nd character with my Swordie and transferring gear and stuff over using account storage.

Can you explain exactly what the interaction is between heal and restoration?

1. Restoration will nearly double your heal tiles
  2. Heal tiles and mass heal scales with Int
  3. Restoration has double scaling with the Int bonus on heal
  4. Aukuras is only additive of the value equal to the level and attribute of restoration

Thanks for both pm, I really appreciate it!

I’m inclined on all Conversion for now unless I found out that Turn Undead chance rate is decent.

Lol, I’m actually playing paladin first and swordsman later in hoping that swordie class get buff.

1 Like

I heard that the synergy with restoration and heal tiles were removed in some old patch in kOBT, where restoration does not provide a heal boost in Cleric’s heal tiles anymore. Can someone please confirm if this is true or not?

Thanks!

Not true. Where did you hear this? There’s been a lot of “I heard about kToS” that’s been really incorrect lately. I feel like someone is intentionally trolling?

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken in some Paladin discussion thread too. Thanks for the answer, since I’m pretending to play with Paladin rank 3.
Also, one more doubt. Does Barrier works on PVP? I mean, does it keeps enemies from entering the area? I searched videos/thread but found nothing about it.

No.

1 Like

Thanks! This really clarifies things for me!

Barrier working as intended in pvp should have some priority for IMC game classes fix list.

@web_nervepress

Hey, I just read through you thread and I have to say it really helped me gain some interest in playing Cleric again after I was somewhat disappointed by the results of my auto-attack hybrid priest/paladin in icbt2.

I’m just throwing this out here but do any of you think a mix of STR and INT would work out for a hybrid healer/dps Paladin? Or would your healing suffer too much for a minimal increase in Smite damage?

I was thinking of going for a 1:2:1 ratio for str, int, and con (maybe with some SPR later on).

Never combine str and int.
There are no dmg skills that scale of both stats at once.
And even if they did full str/int would be preferable due to the benefit of stat scaling.

Besides, we’re still not sure paladins can make good use of full int to begin with.

If you want to go the safe route, go full str on paladin.
If you don’t mind recreating the char, and want to try a spellcaster paladin then go full int.

I doubt paladins even need spr.
Dex is kind of nice for the evasion, but not much else for such a pve focused class.
Con is always good, but don’t go overboard with it in pve.

@Wurmheart Mxing of Str and Int is just fine. It helps a lot to have some int for cure and heal tiles:

To be honest I dont see a problem with Int Paladin. It’s skills have good Int based synergy.
Resist Elements = debuffs enemies magic defense on cast.
Conviction = debuffs enemies property resistances.
Barrier = although small, has magic damage attribute.

With these skills, ranks of Cleric, Krivis, Bokor, Plague Doctor and etc gain damage boosts. So Int Paladin isn’t so far fetched.

1 Like

it’s not bad, Paladin just has weird synergy with itself.

I’m purposefully mixing both stats with the help of Krivis’s divine stigma. I’ll probably have some trouble but I think I’ll be able to handle it.

I’d recommend Krivis 1 + Cleric c2 over Krivis c2. It’s a mistake I made and the buffs to c2 Cleric are too good.

You’ll make the most of restoration heal bonus and do a lot more damage with cure than c2 krivis. Divine Stigma is a very poor mechanic and the difference it makes is negligible.