Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Build Compendium and FAQ [Updated 29/04/2016]

Since I can’t get on the discord room imma plug it in here

Here’s my build / future setup.
Currently my build is C2 Cleric, Priest, Paladin. Future specs are

C2 Cleric, Priest2, Paladin 3, Taoist

Now I hear that Paladin is str based, and taoist is intended based. I’m int based and staying int with a little spr and more con.

My skillset for this build is as followed.

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/37udntnngb/. I’m not the conventional person that follows meta builds but let me explain this one.

My purpose of the build is elemental resistance along with healing and partial damage. If needed I can go further into details about it. So whatcha think?

Elemental resistance is honestly not that useful, especially with the cooldown and duration of Resist Elements.
Is there a reason for having level 3 Barrier instead of 1 or 5? (it has 100% uptime with 1)
Why Conversion 3? If it’s entirely for fun, I would give it a 1 at most; you can redistribute the rest to Turn Undead.
Smite & Conviction… I’m not sure what you’re going for here. If you want the higher base damage, max out Smite. If you don’t, having it at level 6 will mainly just make it semi-useless eventually when your stats don’t support it. Either keep them at 1 or max them, I would say.
As for Restoration, I personally don’t find it useful enough to justify the points. You have Heal and Mass Heal, I doubt you’ll need passive HP regen.

I don’t have actual experience with taoist, so take the next segment with a pinch of salt.
Taoist has low synergy with Paladin3 (which mainly leans towards physical skills).
3 Disasters seems like a static, weaker version of Resist Elements if that’s what you’re using it for.
Storm Calling has an extremely short duration and it mainly used for its electric damage increase (which you don’t have).

Also, you’re INT-based with a single skill for DPS (that relies on INT) that doesn’t even hit flying until R8?
It’s probably better taking a circle of some other class rather than Priest2.
Even in R8, you’re not going to have anything close to reliable damage with how many INT-based skills you have and their cooldowns. If you intend to support most of the time, it may be best choosing a different build capable of doing so.

Resist elements has a caveat of also adding proc based immunity per skill level and even more through attribute. Barrier would be more useful if the scaling wasn’t absolute garbage per skill level for flat MDEF added. Restoration is supposed to have a hidden increase effect to make Heals stronger.

A lot of this stuff -should- be good but is poorly executed in design and not balanced for long term content addition. That’s the main problem with Paladin right now and Conversion is just completely busted. Wouldn’t surprise me either if Turn Undead didn’t work on the “mini boss” monsters and almost as worthless as Conversion.

So that leaves you with…Smite and Conviction.

1 Like

My sugestion to Conversion Skill

The conversion skill has become useless with the arrival of rank 8. I would like to give an idea of the attribute so that the skill can become useful again without the need for any drastic changes. Include an attribute available only in circle 3 with the suggestion of Name Conversion: Pressure, with the following function:
Enemies within the conversion aura will be crushed by Palladin’s determination to receive continuous damage of the physical and sacred type (such as energy blast from Monk) scaled with the strength attribute as well as Conversion: Might Enhance attribute, solving the problem of having to keep hitting to try Convert mobs and will also give the Paladin’s ability to take some damage in area. Enemies under pressure will take extra damage if they are afflicted by Conviction as well as debuff Conviction will allow you to convert elite-type mobs, limited to one.

There is already a better [conversion] in the form of the inquisitor attribute inquisitor: burn. At full power, you have a 20% chance to summon a flame looking tile that acts like a “copy of you” doing nothing but auto attacking in its area.

How is this better?

• It is “on” all the time
  • No AI involved
  • It copies everything about your auto atk (damage, lines of atk)

Better to have both. Burn has a very small effect area and yet one thing does not stop the other, Conversion needs urgent attention.

And more, the Conviction skill deals extra damage to stunned mobs but the cleric tree including Palladino does not have a single skill that causes stun, only the basic attack in a very small chance. Make the conviction debuff scale also in %, as well as resist elements, so as not to make the debuff obsolete with passing ranks.

And finally the Barrier. Added an attribute to reduce missile type damage and force attack. Well, it would be a great buff if there was no other skill that would leave the entire group immune to this kind of attack without having to keep anyone trapped inside an area (Missile Hole skill). Make those who are within the barrier gain some kind of resistance, be it knockdown or negative effects since apparently limiting the use of barrier scrolls is a distant dream.