Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Build Compendium and FAQ [Updated 29/04/2016]

Hi, guys. I’m building a tank support Paladin.

The stats I’m going about 1CON/2SPR. Con for tankiness and SPR because of some skill scalling, MSP, SP Regen, MDef, but mostly for the scaling with most of the skills.
Note: Should I put something in INT, or even another stat?

The skills goes like that:

Notice that some skills I put only 1 point, for just a matter of scalling with SPR and/or because it’s not too relevant to leveling them up. I put some points in smite because of it’s low CD, so it should add up to some damage and crowd control. Turn Undead only two points, it’s damage is irrelevant because of it’s CD and, with the Atribute (which requires 2 points in this skill), its chance to kill is increased by SPR.
I go for Paladin at rank 4, instead priest 3, for just a matter of fun. I think it’s more advantageous to go straight for priest 3, for Stone Skin.

What you think about this build, guys?

looks interesting, perhaps u could create your own thread and people will give back their opinions. tho do note a lot of the players only have theories , not many well experienced players still play this game as far as iv seen

I want to make STR/DPS Paladin character but I have no idea about Cleric classes and which classes could have synergy with STR Paladin

how good is this build? http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/z1xxorcl7c/

Am I wrong or the change in Paladin’s Resist Elements was not applied correctly in this patch? It has not changed to property % decrease.

Full spirit for scaling blessing, aspergilum, stone skin, barrier etc + smite

can this work?
edit:
ofc i know i’m loosing some good r7 and r8 choises, but i’m considering we might have r9 and r10 in the future to aid this

is it really necessary for cleric c2? in every cleric build?

this is what my build for pala with r8

its 2:1 int:con or 1:1 with semi centered on the animus necklace
what you guys think?

Pally 3 Priest 3 is a good buff support build, but lacks on healing.

I don’t think chaplain is a good pick in that build. Picking something like inquisitor will give you tons more damage even without any STR or DEX when compared to chaplain. And chaplain won’t bring you much support either (aside from cappella).

Also, remember when making a SPR paladin with Blessing that Blessing is a flat bonus at the end of damage. That means the blessing bonus damage won’t get multiplied by smite’s 200% extra damage to demon/mutants or by smite’s enchance damage attribute.

I would personally get more points into mass heal and ressurection in that build, and keep stone skin at max. If you feel points are scarce, prioritize Mass Heal because just Heal lv 5 will be pretty underwhelming for keeping your party alive.

Also, don’t expect too much from the Paladin tree with SPR. The only Paladin skill that scales with SPR is Barrier and it’s pretty complicated to have it up giving you the mdef bonus all the time.

Nope, stop trying to combo priest3 + pala3. It will never work out. Its to low on dmg, even with chaplain and is nigh useless in pvp. (no anti condition, pala is pve only etc.) + it lacks healing and is outperformed by other chap builds for pve.

and spr in pve is now questionable with the zalciai “bugfix”.

@ghostreaper008
No, for now you need either priest3 or cleric2 to have sufficient healing… Miko may change that though.

Likewise not taking cleric2 on a paladin is foolish, the resto x heal combo is to good to pass up on. Especially on int builds.

Now please let this cesspit of unsalvageable build advice die already.

miko is what rank?

and also… what circle in my build should i change to get the cleric c2? the PD? or krivis c2?

Datamining hints at rank 6, may be changed when imc sneaks it in though. (it’s currently disabled in ktos.)

Take cleric2 at rank 2, and krivis1 at rank 3. Or vica versa, won’t matter to much at that point.

zaibas at level 5 is ok with taoist? won’t it be to low? and also if miko is confirmed and place in rank 6(and thats a big IF), what class should i remove if it synergizes with my build? the PD?

I have no idea, not sure what the taoist boost to lightning is yet.
Though taoist + pd should be good enough dmg wise when you get to it, but the charms will be expensive. (Creeping death is op.)

I would only recommend miko if it’s dmg and healing are good for that build, and you’d have to take it at r7 to replace pd.

Otherwise you’ll have to look at replacing paladin with something else, as that r3-6 requirement for pala to shine is a bit to taxing.

thats a bummer, pd would be good as support and to spread conviction, ele resist and other debuffs.
while pala without barrier, nvm. Probably pd would be changed i think.
if i really remove paladin as a whole, what classes would you suggest for it if take miko @ r6?

Also i heard from an interview on imc that they will only release 1 hidden class per standard class tree?

Elemental resists 3minute cool down does it no favors for that combo though. Conviction also needs to scale imo to be worth it past rank 8.

Paladin issues right…

There’s plenty of other options you can take though like sadhu2, priest1, krivis3, bokor?-3, diev2-3. Paladin1 even at r6 if miko isn’t so good.

I heard the same, but we got 1 cleric hidden class already and another almost fully developed in ktos’s data files. I guess they changed their mind :smiley:

so i guess of animus built around my class build is gone…

do you think cleric2>kriv2>bokor2>pd>taoist is a meta build… cause i want to try and innovate a build not in the meta but works in the game.

Seems decent enough, though krivis3 is likely a bit better dmg wise.

so c2>kriv3>boko>pd>taoist?

i saw a miko translation…
she has a semi or probably a dispeller equivalent.
a hp recovery channel towards a party member(not sure if you receive also).
magic circle duration increase (not sure if its a channel).
a damage spell.

hmm…
idk if its worth it if i remove boko and pd for a miko and something else?(i know miko breaks my skill build, BUT THAT MIKO COSTUME IS KAWAII :))

sry for the caps XD

Krivi3/bokor/pd/taoist should be fine, and still lets you replace bokor with something else if you want to. (shouldn’t need it’s dmg that much with kriv3/pd and taoist.)

As for miko, not sure you’ll want to replace pd at r7. But it should be a good r6 option.

Zaibas x Taoist seems pretty good dmg wise, but i just got to show this:

Hengestone x zalciai x taoist = win.

may I ask, what’s the best skill/stat allocation for this build here?