Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Build Compendium and FAQ [Updated 29/04/2016]

smith give you one shot farming against mutant/devil type enemies, which do pretty good in dungeon as you can be part of DPS for some creeps.
example Level 5 smith, against normal type enemies give you like 600~800 dmg but against mutant/devil type enemies, simply goes above 3300~3800…

1 Like

Just want to report in just got paladin C3. Conviction and barrier are fun!

1 Like

Paladin questions!

If I went with the full STR build, would it be possible to be a groups “Healer”?

I would probably drop points in Resist Elements and max out Restoration for a better HoT effect on the group, along with the SP attribute to help keep the group rolling with SP, and the CD statue. I’m pretty sure Divine Might + CD Statue at Rank 5 would be perma statue if we weren’t moving to much.

I’m only level 40 right now, and I’m C2 Cleric, almost 15 so I can pick my third class and was going to go with Diev, but wasn’t sure, and I know the classes are locked once you pick so I’m just trying to see what I want to do.

It seems like a full STR DPS Paladin is some what pointless since you do less DPS than every other DPS. I guess you bring some utility with your damage.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes I heal perfectly fine in dungeon as STR build. heal rank 10 is all u need.

Resist element is a very nice thing to have as most tank block build cannot block magic. Imo restoration provide too little benefit at low level, I kept it at lvl 1 for the SP recovery when levelling

1 Like

I’m really interested in how Conviction works as a skill. does it do good dps? does it make items with elemental dmg do alot too? Are you using it differently than smite or is it just a second smite?

Also, barrier working well for you? you use it much?

Barrier is exceptionally useful when your party is range heavy. This happen pretty often since archer and wizard are popular classes. However it is a bit buggy as some mob tend to pass through the barrier.

I wish to know how conviction really works too. Since OP has experimented on the skill ill take his words. Currently having lvl 3 conviction. Each rank seems to increase the debuff duration as well. So i expect rank 5 would definitely worth it when debuff stay longer for your auto attacking.

The suggestion on gears selection here should be taken as a grain of salt. New items have been introduced for this release. Item such as Electus I think should not be considered as by the time u get paladin C3 you will definitely have access to Roxona area. Roxona cloth glove also provide lightning attack without any penalty and might be a better choice for lightning property. This free up neck slot for a better alternative.

Id like to suggest also having another element property attack enchant on hair costume 2. I think poison property could be considered here and free up boots slot for better stats.

1 Like

Why are we taking full STR and not full DEX? There a dual-wield dex paladin video on youtube and I am just wondering why are we not even considering dex paladin?

I know a lot of Paladins go with PD as their last choice since it has so much utility. I was wondering if taking C1 Monk was a good choice as well? It gives you two more CD attacks and a spamable ability in Double Punch for when other things are on CD, and with the attribute for Restoration you have some SP regen to support the attacks, at least some what.

If you’re in party, you’ll be busy with Heal, Statue, Buff. For me Paladin is semi DPS with decent utility/healer.

can you make a video of conviction + smite combo? theres none in youtube atm.

Dex does not have 10% scaling with each rank up (only STR and INT)

Just got Paladin C1, following the STR Build with no int added, and few points on CON (Half of the points in STR) to have a decent HP and don’t die, if I don’t die, I can revive and heal more.
I dont have a lot of SPR, in Dungeons this is not a problem as I can handle the SPR for heals, buffs and debuffs in killing a lot of monster groups, and in PVE is not a problem also, as I auto attack a lot, however, maybe this could be a problem in PVP, but I can use potions instead, and I’ll have the Pala buff that also restores SP if you Upgrade.
I also have just a few points in DEX (8 or 10) to not to miss a lot of physical attacks. Now that I have Smite (Which is really great to kill mobs, specially Devil and mutant types) things are going faster. Just letting my thoughts, so future paladins could use this comment as a useful source.

PS: Followed Cleric > Priest > Priest > Pala, followed Priest because of:

-Buffs
-Debuffs
-Another Heal
-Revive
-Ressurreciton

With there I become more support, I guess.

Why Carve Attack is so important for Paladin?? And its the only reason to get Diev??? Blessing and Sacrament isn’t better for a offensive Paladin Builds??

Thanks!!!

Carve is good because it gives you another offensive DPS skill that is especially effective vs plants/enemies weak to pierce.

This means that, with a sword as a main weapon, you can have strike, slash and pierce attacks in your toolkit. Which means you have the ability to exploit the bonus damage from enemies weak to them.

Another reason to pick up Diev is the statues. You get two at Diev C1 that you’ll use in dungeons and 1 utility that you’ll use when leveling.

You get a 20% cooldown reduction statue which also slows down the move speed for enemies who step in the zone, so one could say it is a soft CC of sorts.

The other statue you get reduces the SP cost of skills and reduces the time taken between each tick of SP recovery. This works well with classes who like skill spamming and has nice synergy with the SP recovery attribute you get from Restoration.

Finally, you get the ability to have a pocket statue that lets you or your party members teleport. Can be useful if someone needs to repair in dungeons or if you’re feeling lazy.

1 Like

Comgratulations on the guide, really well done.

Also, I have a question about your last build suggestion, the hybrid one. It’s interesting that you only take one circle in Paly, and I am trying to see why, because I don’t that much about the game yet, I’m still pretty new. Also, would the main stat for this build, Int? To captalize on effigy? Or something else?

Just hit c3 pally so dropping some learnings that I didn’t see anywhere.

Conviction is worth the pain of c2. It has overheat 2 and hits twice with aoe ratio 5. Debuff lasts 15 secs and any subsequent smite on the target will hit for 2 additional hits.

The scaling with any +elemental dmg sources you have is quite effective. For any basic attacks afterwards if you can get all sources it up a your dps significantly.

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for the guide! I am confused though. I was following your STR paladin guide however I noticed that you allocated some points to int until INT 70. And you also said that:

INT - Your secondary stat for a melee build / Your main stat for a magic build

Im wondering if that int allocation is mainly for leveling (using heal and cure during early c1 and c2)?

And if it is, would you suggest that I reset my stats once I get Smite on P1? Or stay with the 70-80 INT stat for other skills?

Thanks!

1 Like

Just want to share that for full STR paladin,
Smite will missed !

My paladin c2 got 200str n 50dex,(level 10 smite)
During pvp, it is very hard to hit it with Smite,
Secondly, even they stand still let you hit…
It will be misses if your opponent dex is above 120,
Test with my fren who using swordman class full dex built, my Smite hardly hit him…

On the other hand, i am also a diev c1 with 5 skill point on carve dmg, it does hit well ( at least more dmg than my smite…)…

Thinking of rebuilt my character… lol…
Or stata reset to high con/spr for support built… ■■■■ the str…

Valia or Toy Hammer for fast lvling until 170?? Thanks!!!

I was told to go C1 Priest 3 Paladin 3 (or P2, Pal 3, PD 1) for paladin. But now that I see these other builds I feel like I may have placed myself into a very very bad build for paladin. I gave my character about half of the free stuff given for the server issues (the dungeon resets, and the scrolls) so I don’t want to just ditch him now.

Is there some sort of future as a strength paladin if I am currently Cleric 1 Priest 1. Or some future as other class combos? I’m not aiming to be support, or at least I’d prefer to do damage (physical or magical).

1 Like