Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Build Compendium and FAQ [Updated 29/04/2016]

conversion STR bonus are not worth it lol. 50% STR to damage are no good at all. in 130DG i converse archer and that monster damage 600 per hit and 2k damage from it skill, but yea the AI is terrible. And they should add dismiss button for conversion, so if the monster wandering around or just stay one place we can converse another monster.

another try are in 115DG, i take the fak (axe man with aoe and golden bell skill) and it aoe skill are quiet good and my fak still alive until the end. then im wondering what if i have 5 of this mobs lol

i will tell what its like after i try conversion lvl 3

1 Like

How long do you keep them under control? Do you have to re-convert them ever? The description of the skill is very vague, please elaborate.

As far as I know you keep them until they/you die. I think you can also get rid of them by changing zones or running really far away.

It sucks we canā€™t make STR Paladins. I know we are clerics, mainly support etc but it would be better if we could diversify a little. If I want a melee dps I donā€™t have any options in this game it seems since Iā€™ve heard that swordsman DPS are bad and they should all be tanks.

So basically I can only play ranged DPS (wiz/archer)? That sucks. Even if sup-optimal I wanted to be able to be a DPS(first)/Support.

Anyways, thanks.

Itā€™s kind of neat, but incredibly buggy and situational.

You place a small circle in front of you, similar to zalciai. Any mobs inside itā€™s effect are debuffed with the conversion debuff.

When said mobs are hit, they have a chance to be converted that seems to scale with their max health. Most mobs are relatively easy to convert, but dungeon mobs can take several tries.

You can only convert x total mobs per map equal to itā€™s skill level, and it doesnā€™t work on elite mobs. (The skull icon ones.)

Converted mobs retain their skills and stats, and try to follow you around the map. But you lose them the second you change the channel or go to a different map.

Dungeon mobs can survive entire dungeon runs as they keep their massive health pools.

But ofc then thereā€™s the bugs:

• Converted mobs often get stuck and stop responding, especially when you have more converted mobs or summoner pets are around.
  • Some mobs can despawn when converted, seems to be tied solely to ambush type enemies though.

And their ai and attack speed tends to be quite poor. Some mobs also move very slowly or have poor hit detection to boot.

Who says you canā€™t play STR Paladins? Thereā€™s an entire section in the OP on it.

Fantastic information.

In the face of using it or not using it, itā€™s hard to argue that it isnā€™t ā€˜usefulā€™, right? I mean, itā€™s simply just extra attackers for you, right?

I currently have a Cleric1 / Krivis 2 building towards taking 3 ranks in paladin. I have question however, is Resist Elements worth it?

Thanks ^-^

STR paladin here
Iā€™m testing/have tested on level 5 Conversion currently.

In open world
not useful. The converted monster, for some reasons, move and attack reallyyyy slowā€¦ you would have killed your target by the time they reached you and start attacking. They have this Ai that need to move to your current location then only start attacking.

The monster converted will be able to use their buffs such as Enchant Fire, Aspersion on you. (which is quite nice from wht i noticed)

But, the attack can be simply ignore as they only do 50~200 dmg/hit with a slow attack and moving speed. (for magic mob, they will use attack magic like Fire Pillar and etc)

But, it got bugged alot. Both ā€œnewā€ and ā€œoldā€ converted monster will stuck over 1 location if the ā€œnew converted mobā€ is aggro-ed to your converted (old) monster and vice versa.
Monster converted will disappear if they are ā€œplayer ambusedā€ monster (those dropping from sky)

For Dungeon
I feel that it is quite amazing if you picked the right mob. I converted the Archer mob in lvl 130 Dungeon. It does dmg for 600~700 for normal attack and 1000+ using the skills with multiple hits (Quite significant).
The undead monster, the floating thg like Reaper use Magic Missile on multiple target.
Hardly die due to long HP pool for dungeon mob.

Surprisingly Dungeon monster converted do not have the slow attk speed and slow moving speed like open world. They run with us,and attack with normal speed.

But, the same bugged principle applied here.

Unlike open world where the converted monster will follow you once success, sometimes, the monster will stuck at 1 location if you have success in converting the monster+not bugged, it will only follow you when u run back to it later.

Note:
Overall , i would say this skill kinda bad in open world.
But, the damage would be quite significant in dungeon. (frm cleric POV).

If you are taking this skill, I would suggest taking 1 pt is enough (nicer if you have Divine Might), as you get 1~2 converted monster that is kinda a compensation to your DPS loss while supporting the team. And at the same time, chances of it got bugged would near to impossible as you have 1 monster converted at at time. Use lvl 1 for 1st conversion, +Divine Might to get 2nd conversion.

*not sure how is the effect for the Attribute of 50% STR transferred. Will test and get back to you.

Cheers :grinning:

1 Like

No, iā€™d argue itā€™s one of the most op defensive skills to have when it works properly.

Dungeon mobs tank plenty of enemies and never die, making them excellent meat shields. (who needs tanks when you got converted mobs.)

Regular mobs are often not that amazing, but they do retain their skills. Red infro rocktors, shakmoli (spelling?) and few others will spam barrier for you. Other mobs can apply links, freeze enemies, spam that smoke cloud skill etc.

There are some very useful mobs to convert in specific maps, but ofc not all maps have such good choices.
And ofc itā€™s still far to buggy to be useful atm.

Yes its very buggy lol. try lvl 3 conversion, only first mobs are work properly. the 2nd mobs something its stuck just standing dont know why. the 3rd despawned very often if not they will do nothing.

I think conversion need some tweaks, the should make follow ( so they not wander around or just standing), attack ground(attack the place you tell for aggroing) , and dismiss(changing mobs) atribute rather than 50% STR to mobs attack lol. Then they need to swap conversion with conviction. Make conversion to palac3 skill and conviction palac2. because if converse work properly having 10 mobs in DG are kind of imba lol.

Do they take the place holder of mob spawns when you convert them is my question? I remember trying to test Conversion in iCBT2 with my Paladin where it was also extremely buggy. Since I need to skill reset anyways Iā€™ll help test this out to see.

@Wurmheart @ediiison88

Thanks to both of you for the incredible informationā€¦does sound like the skill is in a weird spot but at the same time can have some uses.

Iā€™m thinking 1 point is going to be enough, seeing as how on the skill builder it says that increasing points in it only increases the duration of the circleā€¦so how does this work out?

Does more points only equate to a longer duration circle, hence more time to drag mobs on to it and convert them? Meaning as long as I can get the mobs I need in the 1 point 11 second duration, I donā€™t need any more than that? Iā€™m just trying to understand why anyone really would want more than one point in this case.

My next question is about Turn Undead. Iā€™ve read that the skill is quite effective for damage, even as a physical build Paladin. While keeping Smite maxed out, I find that the two skills competing for the most points are Resist Elements and Turn Undead.

Resist Elements seems like a great skill, but in the face of ā€˜moar damageā€™ from TU Iā€™m wondering exactly how nice it is.

Should Resist Elements be maxed no question for itā€™s utility? Is it worth pushing TU up at the sacrifice of a bit of points from RE? This is really the last aching question I have while putting together my build.

Thanks a ton guys, youā€™ve both been very helpful.

You can only convert 1 mob per skill level, divine might also works towards that limit though.

A longer duration also gives you a higher chance to convert mobs with high health, as you can get more hits in. (But itā€™s not a huge benefit.)

My paladin is a test build anyway, would get it to 10 if more converted bugs didnā€™t increase the chance of them bugging out and getting stuck.

Turn undead has pathetic base dmg, itā€™s real selling point is that it can onehit mutant/demon mobs with relative ease. (even elites.)

The big numbers TU produces are from the instakill effect btw. Seems to deal them their max or current health as damage. (And no, links donā€™t spread the damageā€¦ )

Still the aoe is not that large, so thereā€™s not a huge benefit to going past skill lvl 5. Itā€™s very unlikely youā€™ll hit enough mobs for that increase to be worth it. (And ET is beast mobs only right? Has a high spawn count though.)

I would advice maxing resists if possible.

I would feel that Conversion, if fixed, will re-define the role of paladin in PvE.
There are alot of potentials in this skill.

I would agree tht IF fixed, this skill should fall under C3. (max Lv5 with 5 converted mobs. Perhaps with NEW attribute to add the number of conversion)

Now, only reason to go towards C3 Paladin would be for Barrier, which, at the same time not so special, as it can be replaced by pardonerā€™s scroll (no hard feeling, dear pardoner. I still love your buff shop.)

Imagine, C3 Paladin with ability to get army of enemy and to lead them, to fight on our side with their abilities.

This would re-define the role of C3 Paladin.
Iā€™ m at C2 Cleric, C1 Diev, C2 Pally now.
tbh, i dont feel that STR is making significant diff on Smite dmg at the moment.

Most often, I would be supporting the team with statue, and Restoration, heals, use TU on cd/large pull.

Sometimes, i dont really feel that my DPS contribute much to the team. (unless we r talking bout dmg on Devil/mutant)

Going C3 Paladin, means that you are left with only 1 Rank 7.
It would be tough decision on wht to go for.
going oracle which doesnt really request C2 to perform (wht if rank 8 offer nice C3 oracle skill?we will not get tht)

Which left with Kabbalist/PD.

We should submit a tix :slight_smile: if conversion if fixed (which include monster AI), Paladin at C2/C3 would be able to have a nice role to play in party.

Yea, I like Infro roktor.

It casts Reversi too

Sometimes a few monsters [Evil Spirit, Prison Fighter] spawn - these guys are demons.
You can use turn undead to instant kill these guys. But then again, Turn Undead can be scrolled - so many can carry this if necessary ( another reason why pardoner has impacted on a paladinā€™s presence) .

hello, want to ask if what debuff rank of the conviction skill of paladin? thanks!

I guess my curiosity comes from the glowing review earlier in this thread by @asphidelā€¦

He seems to think Turn Undead is actually a valuable damage dealing tool. Based on your account, it would seem that maybe heā€™s exaggerating?

Wellā€¦not to say that he is totally wrong with TU.

It is 50/50 % chance of 1 shot Mutant/devil.

The DMG popped will be equal to the monster HP.
So u will see figure like 30k popped in dungeon.

Turn undeadā€™s regular dmg is just a single hit skill, even on my int build it isnā€™t really worth using for that low amount of dmg. (700 ish at lvl 5, esp str/dex builds should do more dmg with auto attacks.)

Youā€™ll want it solely for the instant death chance vs mutants/demons imo.

And i donā€™t think heā€™s exaggerating, just misled by the dmg numbers caused by the instant death mechanic. And a lot of mobs are mutants/undead to begin with.