Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin Build Compendium and FAQ [Updated 29/04/2016]

thank you web_nervepress for interesting build.

thank you for the replies. I am still up in air if I want to go pal route or Druid. Thanks for all the information.

Whats your recommendation for someone going C1/PR2/PLD3/PD? Far as Stats go. I want to be a DPS Support, and seen this build used but with a focus on Dex, keeping Con to around 40, Spirit 25 and Int untouched due to the low scaling of int on healing, that Paladin Restoration well makes up for it. And of course theirs Plague Doctors heal. Then of course the +skill items. Currently lv 78 right now with about 110 crit rate. Been critting often and very hard with Golden Falchion + Arde Dagger. I do not care for being a heal and buff bot. I prefer being a DPS Support that will assist the party Heal bot and be capable of doing near if not matching DPS as the other DPS players. Pretty much what classic paladins usually are.

In my opinion you are going to have the same problem all DEX builds have mid-late game. You will not crit as often as you would like, you do not have enough hard hitting skills to dps like hoplite or doppel. You are squishy and will die A LOT, in missions and dungeons. You won’t be able to tank magic damage.

Restoration with c1 Cleric IS NOT enough with restoration. This is a mistake that you will regret.

This is a typical glass-cannon setup by a typical DPS Cleric wannabe. You will be a support, but you won’t be very good at it. There’s a reality check for you.

However have fun with it while you can and learn as much as possible. Your next character is where it counts.

So essentially, its either go full support and heals, or dont even play a paladin much less a cleric at all? I see.

Welp, guess thats why circle resets are needed. Games dead without em. Spite I seen videos of lv 280 Paladins with this exact setup critting hard, and often.

So whats the point of paladin then if they cant do damage at all like your saying? Is Smite just worthless?

Or, you basing this on things currently ingame right now, spite the fact you can get to +10 Heal, without C2 cleric, simply by getting gear with the +Heal Skill stat?

Considering how rude you been, im honestly about ready to debunk ever bit of information you have thats based on YOUR opinion. You can honestly bet your ass that they will put in circle reset options, due to all the losses you can have from starting a character completely over, so no their is no next character for me. Game will die without circle reset so im fully expecting it to happen.

I also take hits perfectly fine at 40 con, just gotta wear plate and keep asp up, upgrading the armor helps too same for magic defense accessories.

So try again, unless perhaps, your upset because this particular build is dominating in PVP somehow thanks to plague doctor?

1 Like

Please send me a link in PM. I want to see the video.

This is not even about Paladin. This is entirely about Priest. Priest is a full-support.

What’s your source for this? Sounds very painful, priest c2 doesn’t have any synergy with Paladin at all. Even with Monstrance your hits won’t hit hard enough and you will be constantly waiting for cool downs.

Stone skin + Resist elements is a lot better synergy than Resist elements and Healing Factor and Bloodletting. With regards to PvP especially since the only skills that can one-shot you is from Archer tree.

However statting high DEX just makes you fall apart against wizards.

The chances of getting CCd in PvE is extremely situational and is a non-issue inside of Barrier.

Mass heal level 10 + Restoration + INT provides sustained healing (with your 5 heal tiles). Without INT you’ll start to have problems. You also have revive but you should never rely solely on a skill that requires you to die in the midst of a heated battle. Level 5 Revive is not enough, especially in PvP.

Every single cleric thread, besides yours, stated that Int doesnt really do much for heals period, that even with a high int, of around 80-100 your only getting about 200-300 extra points of healing. Thats it, thats all. Your the first and only one to have ever said otherwise.

He changed the build up since last time, now hes using monks at the end, but its essentially playing the same. He stated where his dex and str is supposed to be at. Also stated you can add more con, but this build essentially allows you to DPS just as good as any swordsman or archer. Long as you gear correctly.

So I ask again, since you believe yourself to know it all to Paladin.

Should I stick with it? Or, shall I keep Dex low to say 40, and raise con/spr/int instead? Cuz when 8th circle comes, I will likely take Priest. Cleric C2 wont be needed due to the +skill stats you can essentially get on gear. I could just take C3Priest and get PD when 8th circle is out. But yea, maybe your right, Dex may not be so good, even with monstrance, I could put all those points into getting Con to about 70-80. Take SPR to maybe 50 and Int to 80+ with Rank bonus.

Cuz tbh? I hate percentages and RNG, I prefer static, reliable, stable damage, so I probably would forgo dex, and get more SPR and INT and CON to help all else out, Id still do excellent damage focusing my str, and the SPR would help with skills and so would the INT, so yea, I agree with you on the DEX.

That and monstrance is a pain in the ass to keep up to begin with.

Please explain? But also keep in full mind. you can get alot of Crit Rate via Accessory enchants, Gem enchants, and gear pieces as well, please factor that into your calculations. Cuz the guy in the video sure did.

Oh and to help you out.

From someone who’s going the same path as you, I’d say that there’s no way your DPS will match other DPS classes with those circles. Priest C2 is not offensive, it’s a buffer/support. Paladin C3 can get more offensive with Conviction + Smite Combo and adding other sources of elemental damage (from equip and PD incineration for example), however It will not put you in same place of other pure DPS. That’s the price to pay for having a class with support skills, we can’t have it all.

DEX build is an all or nothing really. For Swords which have high base HP and HP multipliers with little CON, with archers with long distance atks, it does work quite well. For you that is a melee DPS will eventually face a major one-hit-kill damage. Been there, received that.

I do believe that PD healing factor does make up for it if you boost your CON and use plate armor to be get more HP, so you can be in the front lines with more confidence (still not a PD here I’m at Paladin C3 class 6). Hoping for that but from vids it seems so.

For higher DPS I was thinking that maybe abusing the elemental dmg with Conviction might help it, as Incineration has a high base atk value as well even without int it might hurt. Smite and Conviction both have base high atk values. Even though Smite CD is a small one, it hits hard with Convicition Combo or Devil type really. It does make me think of for rank 8 and 9 would be nice to go Chaplain as Paladin do auto-atk a lot (but who knows when rank 9 will be available).

For rank 8 to be a better support as atm we are not great at putting many heal tiles (cause even though there’s more to Cleric 2 what ppl really want is more heal tiles) or doing damage (I can solo level much easier than many other builds that’s true, however in a party I can’t shine so much either) I believe going Priest C3 for Mass Heal 10 and Stone Skin would help being a better support (and yes again you can go Cleric C2 to make everyone happy cause what they really want from a Cleric class in the party to start with are many many heals but I’m not caring that much about that).

So perhaps, forgo Dex, put the points more into str, int, spr and con? Thinking by 280, Strength at around 240+ After gear and bonus’s Con around 80, Spirit 60ish and Int 120+? Keep in mind, Heal can be boosted with certain gear or that specific Gem, unless it cannot go beyond the max you can get, say you only got Cleric 1, but the gem wont put you past 5?

Okay, alright, I have some things to say! First off, if you have seen my posts, you might know that I’m definitely running a SPR Paladin. I’m around Level 100 rn, and with 0 STR and 0 DEX, smite already 1-shots the mobs he was walking around killing in that video, just from base damage +weapon alone (and I don’t even have great gear).

Also I think those skill suggestions were kind of awful. Deprotected zone scales terribly if you don’t have SPR. It’s like. -10 defense or something at max rank. That’s pitiful. He should have grabbed cure 1 at least. Also, I have never seen anyone max out Blessing? It’s uncalled for. Also, Restoration? 1 point wonder. And Turn Undead is amazing.

Anyways. Paladin WILL NOT DPS as well as a DPS swordsman, archer, or mage. That’s just a fact. As a cleric, you don’t have the kind of multihit scaling that they do. End of story.

Paladin WILL ALWAYS have decent DPS from smite and Turn Undead. Even without any STR, DEX, or SPR, Smite and Turn Undead will do a lot of damage.

So your smite does dmg regardless of 0 str, but what about your auto attacks?

A) It doesn’t matter, I’m a support primarily

B) If they’re buffed with deprotected zone + zalciai, they crit for plenty.

Tbh, in dungeons/parties I’m too busy casting debuffs/heals/buffs/smite/zaibas/etc that I barely have any time to AA? And when I do it’s mainly for the stun proc from using maces.

I can’t say about INT, atm in not doing it (I will wait after some research to use the reset confidently). For SPR, I have 80 and my SP recovers quite well, what does consume it really is Smite 9s spam. If you can manage that you are good, so starting with 60 sounds good. I did read in some thread that for a Paladin SPR 60 is a minimum, and as has been said here Deprotected Zone benefits from it (I was purely DEX in the beginning and Monstrance + Deprotected Zone defense lowering are what made me keep going to kill stuff really). And if you go Priest C3 from what I read 70ish SPR would be good to boost your Stone Skin as the SPR multiplier of it is 4x, it will put it at 400+4x70 = 680 block rate. I’m not sure but I have been told that block over 700 does block it all, someone could confirm this.

TBH I also didn’t have that much time usually to AA in parties when I’m the only cleric because of casting buffs, debuffs, heals. Yes I do atk a little but sometimes you are running around saving others.

yea, you have a different build. Like i said, I want to be a Support DPS.

So like I said previously. Perhaps better to forgo Dex, keep PD in the build, pick up Priest once Rank 8 is out. Take Dex to perhaps 25 only can get plenty of accuracy from gloves.

Stats will be. at 280 with bonus points from quest lines and ■■■■…

224 Strength, 90 Con, 100 Int, 75 SPR, 25 Dex. Before any stat bonus’s from gear.

Hows that feel? Armor will be Plate of course. So 2500+ hp from that. Will be around 18500 HP after gear bonus’s and such.

Honestly feels alot better, taking advantage of the strength and Int bonus’s, maybe lower strength a bit and up the int, get more to my heal, spite it be very small, and more dmg to PD incin and PLD Turn. Extra con will help my other heals too.

You’re not really listening to me. Because you will be a support DPS. No matter what, Paladin is a support DPS, because you will have naturally built in damage just from your skills.

But more generally speaking that sounds fine. STR is way better to grab than DEX just because of its innate scaling, but the fact that you’re not going Diev and getting STR means that you’re missing out on some of the best STR scaling that cleric has to offer. You definitely need enough SPR to spam Smite on CD if you’re going that build. Idk how much that is, but at level 100 with 115+ SPR I still manage to almost spam out enough skills that I run low on SP. (although I almost never use SP pots, and I’m not grabbing the SPR just for the SP)

Edit: I will say, I still don’t like Priest-Paladin unless you’re going SPR and Priest 3. I think it’s a waste to Priest 2, and I think it’s a waste to grab both of those classes without going SPR. It’s still probably viable, I just strongly dislike it.

1 Like

I do feel that TOS does not benefit well from dividing your stats in more than 3 areas really. I would go or STR or INT. As you want to be more of a melee DPS, I would go STR, CON and SPR (I do agree though with the minimum DEX for hitting but from what I see from higher level players for PVE that’s not an issue only for PVP - but in not very comfortable with not boosting DEX at all too).

Eh, stationary statues and such, dont really see why Diev would be so much better than Priest when it comes to a strength build. Both seems to have benefits. Unless the Diev abilities scale with strength? Not seeing it in any descriptions.

I will go Priest 3 eventually, for my Rank 8, but Plague Doctor is much more beneficial for right now at Rank 7.

But pretty much if I go strength route, and put no points into Int, I lose out on 200-300 extra healing, as well as more damage for Turn Undead and Incinerate yea? Thus I shouldnt bother to take Turn and Incin?

As explained very clearly in the FAQ how DEX scales and also included the crit rate formula in the FAQ. I’d say there’s no problem with going for Monk c2 or c3 with that in mind, because Energy Blast can crit but that’s beyond the scope of a Paladin guide. It would be more appropriate to generate ideas from a Monk related article.

Paladin becomes more significant at c3 and this is what the FAQ focuses on. I strongly believe that with regards to choosing Paladin c1, is not significant enough to apply to this guide.

Priest c3 is the best support in the game hands down. Stone Skin makes physical attacks bounce right off you.

The video you linked doesn’t even go into the depths of the combat system, party system, dungeons, missions, pvp or anything else for that matter. That’s all I’ve attempted to show here as a collaborative effort with the community.

Paladin can do at least as much that is shown in that video, regardless of stat allocation. Stat allocation at that particular level doesn’t matter at all. All builds included in the FAQ are viable based on a comprehensive understanding of the game.

And I do not believe I am a know it all. I play the game and I apply my knowledge and understanding of the game to this guide. It will always be ever changing as long as I am updating it.

Most people apply knowledge from closed beta and expect it to work well here too. But this guide expects that players are willing to share their own experiences and I can improve the FAQ with regards to how true and trustworthy those statements are.

Also if you think that I have been rude, you must be incredibly shallow to not appreciate the hours spent updating this guide, discussing and playing alongside ktos players and listening to the community.

The Introduction itself carries a lot of weight and explains the playstyle of the Paladin class very clearly. You may want to read the FAQ more carefully as there is a lot of helpful tips for how to allocate stats and skills.

Read above discussions if you could please, I would like your insight.

I will, was replying to the above message.