Tree of Savior Forum

OUT NOW! The Popolion Post October 2018 Issue

The October issue of The Popolion Post is out now! Check it out!

6 Likes

[TOS] Companions, a Savior’s Best Friend

From the bustling cities to the vastest of fields, Companions never fail to provide us with good fun and a helpful hand in combat. Who’s your favorite Companion?

*SFA_Comida_Timar (Tree of Savior OST)

6 Likes

I wish these magazines were printed so I could collect them. :heart: :haha:

3 Likes

I hate spooky stuff… too spooky to handle…

So this is great for my heart and soul :3

:satisfaction:

1 Like

my favorite is snow penguin >w<

i like the crossword puzzle page and crevox interview Owo

this would be my most memorable popolion post volume because me, my friends, and guildmates made it into the artfest winners all at the same time >w< we had a small raffle event to share the prizes too Owo

among these memories, is the staff who picked my entry, the title is one of my most cherished possessions (though i wish they could bring the heart icon back ‘w’ it disappeared during the r10 update ; w ; )

4 Likes

Using battlebird, but dreaming about rocksodon.

especially considering the rewards we’re preparing for the official version of GTW.

Somehow I am happy and scared at the same time of this statement lol

1 Like

ahahaha! Hope its not TP. LOL

Tho they didn’t address the Guild Population in GTW

Fixed weird it didn’t show for you :haha:

1 Like

9ab0bf8b107d69c56b727031b60d003443f6b025_1_404x500
Is this a hint for next Halloween Costumes? Are we finally getting Witch Hat? 384871751441448970

2 Likes

my favorite companion is Armadillo

Sadly it wasn’t featured at all in the video (same as the dodo bird) and it only got 2 equipment slots instead of of 4 like Penguins,etc.

I can understand that the developers want to give the premium (i.e. TP-bought) companions an edge over the normal companions.

That’s why I’d like to propose a grooming set for the TP shop to upgrade any companion to premium standard (i.e. 4 equipment slots and an exclusive bonus buff when adventuring with the companion).

That way you can show your love for the companions you like

This popolion post doesn’t include any game content updates.

Should we be worried?

1 Like

at least they stated that they are working on more raids and ways to keep equipment viable longer, so we don’t lose our investment, which is quite good tbh.

Sadly, they also mentioned re-balancing Clerics in a way that I’m opposed to completely.

The current way Clerics are is really fine, they are not the best but also not the worst, they are somewhere in the middle, mostly controlled by the fact that maces,swords and rods aren’t the best weapons when it comes to tackling endgame content.

What I’d like to see change about Clerics is that their buffs and debuffs become more significant to the actual cause.
Currently, all you want is the buff shop and some Divine Might, maybe Revive/Monstrance.
Buffs like Ein Sof, Divine Stigma, Guardian Saint, etc suffer from being pretty short in their duration, and the debuffs being very marginal in their use (except for Deprotected Zone because of the sword attack attribute and Zalciai, because it adds free 10-20% crit rate at max level).

I guess that’s the most worrying part I can think of for now, given the way Clerics are played could be entirely changed and possibly destroy the special status Tree of Savior has in the sea of MMORPGs regarding to having every base Class tree offering choices for all types of gameplay.

Right now some clerics are just way too good. I really hope they rework them because of this. I don’t invest heavily into any of my clerics because I don’t have to. Their builds do 98% of the work. For example yesterday one of my clerics(i think i have 5 by now) kept my whole team alive in challenge mode stage 7. I didn’t need any heal tiles, didn’t use potions, it doesn’t even have priest, just kept barrier up and used ein sof from time to time. Not once did anyone come close to dying. Another cleric i have pretty much just spams invincibility buffs. Another carries CM by using basic attacks and having the inquisitor attribute maxed (think they gonna try to nerf this 1 soon).

Some Clerics are the best at healing, no other class comes remotely close… ever. They have the best at not taking damage in general. Some are the best at having constant dps with minimal investment. They can have the most HP, they can have the most SP, they can have the most Dex. The only class that can pull off not using potions ever and still being useful. In PvP Zealot3 is annoying because it can do crazy amounts of damage that most classes cant do anything about.

In my opinion, as far as clerics are concerned, the Devs should look into reworking/re-balancing or changing certain things/skills for Priest, Sadhu, Exorcist, Druid, Zealot, Bokor, Inquisitor, Kabbalist, Cleric, Dievdirbys, Monk, Paladin, Pardoner, and Oracle.

Wrong, the best healing comes from Featherfoots Blood Curse. The debuff can have an uptime of up to 54%, and every time the enemy take damage, the whole team around gets healed.
The amount recovered is dependent on the damage dealt, so you can easily recover a lot of HP, easily more than even Kabbalists Tree of Sephiroth at level 6 recovers.

While they have some invulnerability skills, so do other Classes have skills to avoid damage (Genbu Shield, Levitation, Dagger Guard, Friedenslied with the C3 attribute, Life Line + attribute, Guardian + attribute) so I wouldn’t really say that Clerics are the best at taking no damage.

I’d rather say they are the best at avoiding damage.

Enchanter with level 15 Empowering has obviously the largest SP pool, it beats every level 17 Arcane Energy by miles.

Any Class can do that by using Squires foods, having enough SPR&CON and decent equipment. You only ever need potions for Endgame raids and challenge mode to counter SP-drain auras.
I was able to survive on my Exorcist in challenge mode stage 6&7 without potions and without healing myself.
If my Exorcist can do it, every Class can do it with the same equipment and stats.

PVP is not something to base your reasoning upon. You might as well go and say: “In Uphill Defence, most Clerics are useless because they don’t have enough AoE capabilities” to counter the fact that Clerics are good in the game in general.

We have to look at the content that matters (i.e. fields/dungeons/raids) to rate the usefulness of the Class trees.

Basically the higher Ranks, like with every other Class Tree (e.g. Musketeer & Falconer for Archer, Lancer/Dragoon & Doppelsoeldner for Swordsman, Warlock & Onmyouji for Wizard) are better,
while the lower Ranks are lacking, especially those who are not damage-only Classes.

Well, as you can see, the Cleric tree is like a construction site that looks pretty much abandoned in the earlier Ranks while being adjusted to the recently-introduced “challenges” in the later Ranks (especially Inquisitor, Zealot and Exorcist, who are by the way supposed to deal high damage so they can participate in endgame content).

If they work out the different traits and specializations of the different Classes, then a rework could be good.
However, the statement surely did not go into that direction, but in fact in the opposite direction.

I don’t want the diversity of the Cleric tree to end just because the other Class trees are not as diversified, just to make every Class a Healer in the end.

In fact, the earlier Ranks already guarantee that you can fulfill that role (Heal, Mass Heal, Aukuras) at least partially. If that’s not enough, you bring two Clerics. Party size is 5, so you can bring one Class tree twice.

What we need is more diversity, especially in the non-Clerics, and a reliable way to balance Healing and damage so you do not become impaired within a build [e.g. the meta C3>Priest3>Kabbalist3] but allow you to be rather hybrid [like my C3>Bokor3>Kabbalist2>Exorcist2 build] while still being useful on every content.

And by the way, you still need to invest into Clerics, especially for endgame content, because they require a lot of equipment improvements to deal decent damage and to receive none without having an impaired build (i.e. either full damage or full Healer).
If you build cookie-cutter for Challenge mode (i.e. the Krivis>Chaplain>Inquisitor) and don’t need investment, it’s due to how badly it is designed, because the extra damage becomes more useful the further you advance into the challenge mode, since the defence increases and so the base damage decreases with every stage you advance.
You can’t really blame that fact on a specific build that was created to abuse the weakness of the mode, since additional damage isn’t reduced throughout the stages.

If IMC would reduce the damage overall by a percentage when advancing throughout the Challenge Mode/Bernice Dungeon instead of a defence increase for monsters, I believe it would be far fairer and more balanced since all Classes would have to face the same reduction, regardless of builds/skills/attributes,etc.

1 Like

Welp

A few things

The most insane dmg of the clerics are inqui1 burn (already nerfed in korea), Rubric class with rubric (but kinda not useful in velco so its mostly for CM), and zealot blind faith with arcane and empower… the rest of the combinations in cleric arent as deadly, and IF they go the route they took with inqui, its most likely they will nerf blind faith and rubric, which to be honest i dont see too much of a problem, rubric have too much dmg and/or duration for a cleric, and blind faith is silly dmg when you set it correctly…

The part of the increase defense vs % dmg reduced, its kinda the same, and i would dare to say that its even worse, to lazy to grab the formula and run the numbers… Also, the meme-inqui as i said before its already dead in the ground in korea :V

cheers

Still wishing for Popolion Post to come out more often, since it’s one of the only ways we can formally and directly interact with IMC staff about anything good or bad.

What did Zealot and Monk do to deserve being in that list btw …

1 Like

Clerics are too all-round from the begining… and while it maybe should be toned down a bit too… I think the main problem is rather that other class trees are much more plain…

You can’t necessarily win a fight with just damage if the enemy has some damage, heal, invulnerability, protection against status effects and can also cause status effects… and maybe other things too…

I think with balances it got better but I still feel like Clerics can have everything if they want it while others can’t rly…

Goro is my favorite!