Tree of Savior Forum

Optimization, boss death boosting fps

Today I observed a weird and rather useful “bug”.

Whenever boss dies somewhere and we have that slowmotion effect, then my fps is skyrocketing from numbers like 50 to even as absurd as 170. There is no difference if at 50 fps case im at empty map and on 170 case im on same location, but with 100 monsters and all kinds of visuals. The boss death does boost fps by great amounts.

Is that another proof of potato code?

Both screens made on same laptop

On this screen Plokste boss died in middle room far away from me, You can observe some random visuals and dmg numbers. Fps is around 160. The fps boost happens at the time of boss death slowmotion and some seconds after it.

On this screen I am standing literally on same spot but Plokste has already died a few seconds ago. My fps is back to normal which is around 90. Note that on this screen literally nothing is happening aside from me standing on empty map.

2 Likes

Another test, entered mausoleum saalus with friend and afked on spawn -> 80 fps
Friend killed boss somewhere and boss death slowmotion begin for me on spawn -> 230 fps.

Yo IMC, why is that? How can a slowmotion cause such insane fps increase? Its perfectly smooth too.
In most games slowmotions are actually lagging games more but in this case its like a cure to everything.