Tree of Savior Forum

On the State of Server's Economy

If an arde is at 1m is only because someone buy it. In the case no body buy an overprice item, the demand drops and the price go down. Thats real world economy and you will face it in some point of your life

1 Like

Sorry but the amount of silver is not what effects economy, the concentration of silver per player does. Even at a tenth of the actual value or less that person is able to manipulate the market due to increased concentration of wealth.

2 Likes

Overrated arde. Demand>supply. Thats why price so high. If u see mithril ore, only 50k each, while in ktos, it was around 500k. Demand-supply chain. Same like petamion and max petamion. Petamion 7.5m, while max petamion only 1-2m in klaipedia.

This is not what I mean at all.

I am speaking of the ability for concentrated well to keep high demand items bought out and in high demand, thus driving price up.

Example is Varv skin. Buy all Varv skin on market, buy cheap recipe for beetle back turn around and make 25%+ profit easy.

Using Arde dagger as an example, would be the inflation of said arde dagger when RMT/ exploiters but their own daggers to transfer them to other accounts. They can then artificially inflate Arde daggers, or any item, and only lose 10% silver and lol potential, which means little since they can cycle the dagger sevetal times and limit the chances of purchase accounts getting flagged for RMT.

Then there is the ability to spam head enchants. You know that 3 hair on yhe market for 2m, well that is actually inflated drastically because it cost the exploiters nothing to make. But this allows them to devalue legitimately made hair 1/2 with ok stats AND concentrate even more wealth.

Sorry but the blog post was 100% fluff and bad logic. IMC is seriously underestimating the impact of this exploit on ToS economy. Not to mention other ramifications, I won’t go into now.

Well, exactly how do you know how many people abused this? That’s the big question.

Is it as huge as that one troll post with fake info made it out to be? definitely not.

IMO the only thing hurting the economy right now is the bots.

what petamion 7m in klaipedia ?
i see petamion recipes 4m in fedimian while max only 850k
to bad dont have silver to take it

What about Team storage? What about dungeon searching bug? Will it be fixed someday? So many people wasted time, staying and searching for a party for about 1h each run…

1 Like

I think prices and economy is still unstable as of the moment. I can see people trading their arde dagger for a talt, same goes for temple shooter card. You shouldn’t worry something like this unless the prices doesn’t change on the following months. Its been less than a month before iTOS launch. Prices changes depending on the players mood and in need of silver not because of RMT/exploiters.

On the other hand, I wish one of the IMC team visits botting spots, like tenet garden. I haven’t visited that map for a long time and i was disgusted with the amounts of bot. I saw normal players who are doing their quest, and these bots keeps ks’ing them. I reported some of them.

I wish you’d hire someone who can visit maps that will insta ban bots. No hearing needed for those players, you can see it with your own eyes.

well of course the system is new and unstable, but that does not lessen the issue I pointed it, it amplifies it.

let make it very simple.

an apple farmer sells harvest every year and sells apples at $1 each.

Apples are the prime source of food for the population and there is a definite demand where every apple will be bought.

Exploiter has a way to collect many dollars that others do not, and this method allows him to do it very quickly and on the first day the harvest of apples comes in.

Exploiter then buys ALL the apples.

Population still needs apples.

Exploiter then sells apples at $2 each.

Farmer sees the increase in price and also sells at $2 each.

Exploiter buys all the apples Farmer has.

Exploiter then raises price of apples again to $3.

repeat cycle.

Since IMC has not released information that they have gotten to the actual accounts holding mass amounts of exploited currency, then you can not make the assumption they have. The blog post is invalid and amounts to bad logic and fluff. The exploit, theft and wire fraud really, has greatly impacted the economy of the game. Arde, beetleback, brandish, etc check the market even at full farm mode a regular player will not be able to equip themselves at the appropriate level unless they stop to just farm silver for an obscene amount of time.

Thus people are now just ignoring upgrading armor, and if you look at many dungeon runs you will see people sport armor from the previous tier or worse, this is especially bad in the lower lvl dungeon like 115, and when you look at lvl 170+ armor/weapon prices does not look like it will improve in the least.

Enter F2P the only thing that happens is now there is an even larger population needing those apples and an even worse economic market where new people will look at market, never be able to afford the prices and either not bother to gear, or quit.

inb4 well you can easily gear with out market. This is true, but then what is point of market? If you make this argument then the market should be removed.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re trying to say. However, its case to case basis. Your are basing the economy of the server on overrated items and equips. There are so many things you can buy at the market. A regular player who knows how and what to search on the market will not encounter any trouble leveling their character with the items they bought.

Mhm, I agree on this one but i wanna ask something. How can you tell if those people selling items are exploiters?

I just saw a normal player (someone i know personally) selling over price equips. What im trying to say is that the players here are not stupd. IF exploiters sells over price items, normal players will also sell their items equal to the exploiters price. If someone sells a lower price item, a normal player or exploiter could buy those, but who knows? We shouldn’t judge something we don’t know. Unless were working at IMC and we are seeing the statics everyday, then maybe we could say that our claims is true.

I haven’t met anyone who quits because of this reason.

It’s nice to see that you are concern about the game. I think… ermmm…maybe…you’reee just over reacting at something that doesn’t exist in the first place? :dizzy_face: Don’t get me wrong, you have a point in your post. :slight_smile:

The solution here is finding the root cause. The bots and exploiters. Yes, i want IMC team to visit a map and check those players ks’ing and farming items. They should have someone to look and check maps everyday, mhm, manually. I’m just releasing my anger with bots thats why i said this lel.

The bot report system is pretty new in the game, ao everyone need tonknow that IMC need more time work on that reports.
Keep working o/

The Tree of Savior team are ban account or just character?
If character, this is not really effective.

The regular players selling items, non exploit, are the Farmers in the example. Since exploiters raise price they follow suit. Cycle of inflation.

Also this does effect even the non popular items, items that are not coveted like Arde etc. Because those prices will steadily rise as people realize that in order to purchase shiny Arde etc they must make silver, and thus get more value from items.

Conversely those items which do not sell for high profit will begin to disappear from market. 5 slots for sales and if looking to buy shiny gear than you need to bring in 200k+/ slot per day to make silver enough to stay current in the BIS for that tier. If not then you either forgo the BIS option or you have to wait. Plus the 48hour wait means you have to maintain this pace of income in order to stay current as falling a day behind can set you back 2 days.

Seriously go farm varv skins… I could probably not have done so just leveled and been “fine” but BIS is in my blood, for me it lessens the experience knowing that I am not performing as well as I could.

Inb4 you don’t need BIS to lvl, many mmo players min max it is almost a common trait needed to play an mmo well. Sure you don’t need BIS, but then you could also ignore quests, or mission, or dungeons. Doing so is an option but all of those suggestions go against efficiency.

Still demand-supply chain. First, game still in early phase. Thats why arde in high demand. The only sub weapon that can replace arde is ledas shield and it is untradable. There is venom, mana mana and karacha dagger also, but in this phase, demand more on arde. I dont know why u said exploiters set price in market. The one that set price is the first seller in market, which u dont know whether that person exploiter or not.