Tree of Savior Forum

Nothing happens after patcher launched

Soo i tried deleting the 300+mb new patch and repatch it. the ipf file name is 128009_001001.ipf.
While repatching it using the launcher it suddenly stops at 66% and crashed. and i try opening the patcher again and it just wont download again the remaining 34% of the patch. i hope this will help the problem. And if u have time try doing it

Same problem here try everthing i could. still cant fix :frowning:

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the same problem that I had for the last two days. When I launched the game, it updated/patched and tells me to relaunch the game. Only problem being is that the game is already running according to Steam. If I tried to stop the program from running via Task Manager, it will go back to the beginning to update the client again.

What I did was to run Steam as an Administrator and that seems to solved the problem for me.

I have the same problem. Reinstalled, did everything in the FAQ and client wonā€™t start. Sometimes it will show up but will exit again after a few seconds.

I dont know if is the same problem, but i cant see any of the new tp items. I reinstalled the game, but nothing happens. It is like the game cant be patched, i dont know. Please help me :frowning:

1 Like

same here -_- i cant see any any new itemsā€¦

1 Like

I was having the same problem with the game not opening after the patch, then i was looking around the ā€œreleaseā€ folder and notice that the ā€œuser_c.xmlā€ and ā€œuser.xmlā€ files was empy. I asked a friend of mine to send me a copy of those files and replace it and now its working fine.
Give it a try, maybe it work for you guys too.

yeah itā€™s empty can you send us what is written in there? just copy, and paste it in reply, thanks.

OMG its work now. I try run steam as administrator. It extend update to 99% then stop working but i can go in game after that update Thx :smiley:

okay guys I discovered the solution! go to steam/steamapps/common/TreeOfSavior/release and find user.xml and user_c.xml and delete them both, then run Tree of Savior on steam and it will make a new user.xml and user_c.xml again! and booom! hope it helps you guys tooā€¦

1 Like

Well, here i can ā€œopenā€ the game now, after deleting both items, but it just show a white screen a closes, can you please upload both of you user_c.xml and send the link to us?

I got the same issue last night but after done this the game work again:
Go to: Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\patch and delete file 128145_001001.ipf then start the game and itā€™s work again.
Hope this will help.

Same issue over here: after the patcher finishes, the white load screen comes for 5 seconds then the game shuts down again. If it helps at all, I was happily playing this morning post-patch until the hotfix was issued ā€“ at which point Iā€™ve been getting the same shut-down every time.

Iā€™ve tried every suggestion and ā€˜solutionā€™ listed above, including:

1. removing / uninstalling all add-ons
  2. re-installing the game altogether
  3. running Steam and ToS as administrator
  4. removing user.xml and user_c.xml
  5. removing 128145_001001.ipf

No luck. Keep posting your solutions, friends! Hopefully one of them will work for us eventually :slight_smile:

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_John @GM_Francis

Hi, you can try out the solution suggested by eltira2k4 Client remove latest patch when using certain ISP
or
Step D, by Biskee
āœ… šŸ”§ Tested solutions to patching problems

So far Iā€™m able to play the game by either play the game with a VPN on, or use another ISP, my default ISP (maxis) will cause the ipf file damaged problem around 70% of the time I play the game, other 30% being the latest patch not apply to my game.

Iā€™ve tried everything in that thread. It still didnā€™t work.

Deleting the user.xml and user_c.xml worked for me. Thank u!

2 Likes

i deleted all .xml files in release folder and then verified game cache. it worked for me. hopefully, it lasts. Thanks for all the help.

1 Like

I tried to reinstall and no luck. Guess few days later i gonna quitā€¦ since all the event stuff i will miss them anyway. Played from cbt till now. Has gone through lag and glitches i still bear with it. Now cant even login. Uhmmmā€¦ IMC you just might lose one of your most loyal costumer here. Just save enough of TP to buy wiz3 costume and wear it for 1 hour only. Lelā€¦

UPDATE!! THIS WORKED!

Simply deleting user.xml and user_c.xml didnā€™t work for me. I removed ALL the .xml files in the /release folder and verified the cache while using a VPN (PrivateTunnel). It works perfectly now even with VPN turned off!

1 Like