Tree of Savior Forum

Nothing can beat the nostalgia of Ragnarok Online

4 Likes

2 Likes

hoaam~

~wigglewiggle,2017

1 Like

MillenialsNeo-Internet people’s fault for being lazy, gook MMO creators have to cater to the ‘newblood’.
RO and WoW was the king and queen representative of RP in MMO-RPG decade and a half ago.

Well, Crusader’s GC and heals are based from INT.
Amazingly Runeknights favor INT now with how EnchantBlade adds matk to patk and DragonBreath using max sp as a modifier.

3 Likes

Still one of my favorite theme.

Thanatos & Satan Morroc lores are the best ones imo, even as game content.

5 Likes

maybe he played when there is no paladin or alternate route yet

i remember i mess up my first character i distribute all stat build
a swordsman and reach knight and my classmate told me to delete my trash character ha ha ha !

i just feel the OLD RO … sand box mode is really successful
NO quest giver , Npc warp service limited only town

most modern mmo nowadays is NPC quest fetch in order to level up ;(

1 Like

The game is garbage lol

2 Likes

RO turned into garbage.

TOS is my precious garbage <3

8 Likes

5 Likes

RO lore was the bomb.
Things like Geffenia was actually the old city of elves, or how you help MVP Valk Rangris’s spirit to move on in the Archbishop job change quest.
To the inhumane experiments happening underneath Lighthalzen.
There’s so much big things happened/ing in it’s world.

The only note worth lore in ToS to me is Hauberk’s deal with a human, betrayed and had his soul torn by demons afterwhich his torn-up souls got used by the goddesses.
And Tesla’s(DievMaster) doings in the past, bridging the world to the Goddesses with his owls.

8 Likes

4 Likes

MEU DEUS

hahHAHhHSshahahjHAHahaushhshsshahahah

Most of things I love to remember especially here in my country, Is the addiction of players in RO in which some of them didn’t even bother going home and just stay in net cafes’. Another thing is a guy getting stabbed by another guy who he hacked and stole the stabber Golden Thief Bug Card. Ohh and scams :joy:

You are nostalgic for RO because if it was your first game of its nature, you forgave a lot of things blatantly wrong with it.

With your age and 15+ years of time having passed, you forgive so much less and have expectations that, when not met, make you feel nostalgic. Not for the game, but for the time in which you were less jaded and found things enjoyable despite their crippling flaws.

9 Likes

WoE is what I miss the most. When there were 4 x guilds with 80+ members each in one castle. Good times.

3 Likes

yeah it has flaws
and many problem too like

1 ) Early exploits ( item duplication & zenny )

• which totally ruined the economy of RO

2 ) Bot program

• is easy to be obtained there is even dedicated forum for it and premade script and we know bot is really common in mmo you can’t deny it

3 ) some imbalance mechanics on pvp ( no cd pots )
literally you can spam pots as you like more pots you can tank aslong you got pots or group of enemy take you down

4 ) speed hacking

• they are noticeable and can be banned easily by recording a video proof

5 ) unresponsive movement

• mostly i experience it on war of emperium
    like if you click your character sometimes move 2-3 sec

i havnt played the RO which has micro transaction so
I have no idea how to describe it or bad it is

1 Like

hahaha yeah some people also recruit spies on popular guild
dirty cheap tricks

the last minute capture strategy is the fun part

i remember also before war get started most guild leader sponsor supplies
Hp pots / Sp pots

and there is a reward when successfully defending a castle even defeat depending how generous youre guild master

so if your a guild master be prepared to burn your zeny

Another naphthalene gathering of people who just can’t move on. Yes, RO was great, but it’s gone. Deal with it already.

1 Like

For one thing, it didn’t have a fatal server crash bugs in it’s first year release in SEA countries, it only had that back in it’s initial 2 years in Korea.

C*cking G-Fist with well timed/proc’ed Auto-Guard/Parrying/LexDivina… yeah those were the good times. :joy:

No Korean game can have a decent pvp world tournament like RWC and GCWC anymore…:cry:

What memories I first knight full int xd

If the bots never change anything