Tree of Savior Forum

NO Job reset PLEASE!

Lmao IMC wouldn’t give a class reset even if more than half the players asked for it.

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-service-level-100-character-boost

Might as well give this option for these casuals huehuehue. Seems like they need all the babysitting they can get.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Wait, I was talking about poor balancing and meta. I think you’re talking about power creep which is somewhat a different problem but still very related nevertheless.

anyway, power creep is pretty much a problem in every MMO. It’s only a bigger problem in ToS because the game was advertised to be about mixing and matching different classes. and one of the reasons meta builds, except for utility/support classes (e.g. cryochrono), is limited to your rank 5-7 classes.

1 Like

2 Likes

Power creep is a result of poor balancing, the both of them goes hand in hand. And poor balancing and power creep result in the over reliance of meta builds. Everything comes complete in a circle.

In the design process there are usually a couple of routes to increase difficulty of content. One way is to increase the amount of mechanics and AI of of the monsters, like how danmaku games Touhou does it or like Devil May Cry difficulty modes where the AI is significantly more “intelligent”.

The other way is what most MMOs do, introduce more damage and hp to signify higher difficulty. This is what ToS does, but unfortunately this method comes with a fatal flaw. As the level gets higher, the stats of the monsters will get higher and higher. Skills that don’t follow percentage values will start to fall out as non-viable as they can’t chew down the hp of the monster at a comfortable pace.

We start seeing this hasted design choice from 240 level onwards, where the “difficulty curve” starts getting higher (suddenly 90-110k hp mobs) and the R7 classes start to have a big gap in damage compared to the R6 counterparts. In R8 it becomes more evident where a level 1 rank8 skill starts to have damage equal to a full 3 circle rank4-5 class.

This is where balancing starts to crumble. The game is balanced around R8 class damage, and early classes which can’t get to that damage starts to drop off. This power difference creates a rift where only the classes which can proceed comfortably (in both damage and damage mitigation) becomes the meta.

And it spirals down to players feeling frustrated as their build becomes “outdated” due to the power creep the game introduces as “higher difficulty” content. So much as they want a reset.

So yeah, everything is connected. If IMC continues on with this power creep and new class implementation, sooner or later even high damage C7 classes like musketeer will be left in the dust too.

2 Likes

1 Like

Your highly simplified arguments still make more sense then theirs, heh.

I’m already tired of responding to the topic again~

Considering how you swear high and low that Resets are a mandatory feature, this would be the very defination of P2W.
And you say, you arent selfishly arguing just for your own personal reset?

It’s much better to have Class, then it is to have Skill.

More like too ambitious. RO is balanced with a max level of 99 in mind, which is why with a cap it is easier to make skills with fixed damage rather than percentage based. ToS has this moving goal post of max level… which is why we see at lower levels up to 200 everything is viable (due to good fix damage balancing) but it gets bad after 220+.

Same here… some just seem to want a TP reset which only requires them to use the potion as the form of effort for reset.

personally, i think resets aren’t a completely bad idea. their implementation of the rank/circle system could use an overhaul though. either way, the lvling isn’t difficult in the slightest but it is boring.

1st, it would be greatly appreciated if we could just pick any class we want for any circle/rank and especially the 1st rank. this would allow us to truly make a more fluid class combo than what we can currently achieve, but they are going to need to tweak all of the dps skills to be % based instead of flat dps.

2nd, we need more classes than just 2 per rank. i feel like there should be a volt/terramancer at rank 2 along with pyro/cryo. swordies feel like they need more classes to deal with their dozens of weapon configurations that looks like a nightmare to plan for.

Yep, quite obvious they design it in such a way that need to party then can do. What is kind of worrying is that with such high hp mobs, it will be hard also to get farm for materials just for gearing up. We can team up for questing, dg, grinding. For materials gathered at world maps it might be a bit hard lol. But we also don’t know what kind of monsters are there besides the high hp mobs, will wait till R8 is fully released in iToS then take a look.

Yeah, just take whatever that comes. Be like water, adapt to anything. Just commenting my observations only XD~. Right now rolling my 4th archer, seems not too bad haha, in preparation for Hackapell :blush:

The reason why people may want a rank reset is because there isn’t alot they can do to see how well their class build will work, or how much they will like it. Keyword is -LIKE-. That’s very important. There is no way players are able to physically test the builds before they try them (unless there is an unofficial server out there somewhere). Yes there is a lot of research that can be done, but a lot of it is still based on the opinions of other players. The player won’t always truely know how much they will like their build until they try it on their own. There is a chance it will not work well. And that is a very normal and human result. There are stats, skills, and classes that we have to worry about. The more we have to choose, the harder it is to decide. The safest, and probably most boring thing that a player could do in a game full of so many choices is follow a step by step guide on what to choose for EVERYTHING.

Yes it is true that rpgs are partly about making mistakes, but there is a lot of time that goes into getting your character to a certain point. Not everyone has all the time they need and want to reroll characters like that. I’d be pretty upset if I had to remake my character after putting in so many hours personally. I’d rather not have to dedicate ALL of my time into one game remaking characters after level 100. Though I can see how rank reset would be bad. If it only costs like 5 bucks to rerank, then you would have the RO situation where people just choose a generic cookie cutter build for leveling, and change it for end game. Or they will do it in intervals just to make things easy for themselves. Characters won’t really be unique anymore. They won’t have strengths or weaknesses. Though right now, no one really wants unique characters. People assume there is a current “meta” where only certain classes work well with certain classes. Again very RO where players will not party with a specific class build as opposed to excepting more creative builds that the players themselves chose because they just liked the build. I say either a rank reroll will have to be quite pricey, or players should be able to test their builds out to see what they want to choose.

And sorry for the long response =). I got a sense that the person who posted this thread was ■■■■■■■ irritated. And it hit home with me as someone who is also stuck in the Pyro 3 phase, where so many players say I SHOULD ONLY go these 2 options or my build will suck ass.

3 Likes

Let’s just settle this once and for all with both sides putting their money where their mouth is. Currently if you want class resets, quit the game right now. Stop spending tp, don’t even log in. This will show IMC and the players against resets what their game will look like on the game’s current path.

Then when/if IMC puts class resets back in, you can come back, and it will then be the people against resets turn to quit like they said they would. Hell, let’s all quit until we have a firmly commited answer from IMC one way or another instead of “We’ll think about it.”

1 Like

I figured IMC could just make rank reset an extremely pricey cash item. But I’m not sure if the price would matter. There will always be players who are willing, and have the cash to dish out whenever they need.

Like I said. Enough with the suggestions on how to implement this or that. Man up and make your stand. If you care one way or another, lets just stop playing until there is an official stance on what they are going to do. None of this, “We’ll think about it.” If any of you have children, you know that is what you say when you don’t want to do it and are just biding time till the kid forgets about it or you can distract them with something else.

If they say no, then none of these suggestions even matter. If they say yes, then all the ones against it can quit and then progress can be made into the ‘how’.

I don’t care either way. What I do want is a definitive answer that the company can be held responsible for. And to put various threads like this to rest. Not just the reset question, but many other things going on the forums there are no definitive answers for and only vague, evasive replies.