Tree of Savior Forum

NO Job reset PLEASE!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Not really sure. Not close to her and not in the same server tooā€¦

@Diode, @haukinyau
A qn, how does implementation of R8 spoil builds? I donā€™t get it :open_mouth:

1 Like

There is a large difference in leveling speed at this point for an alchemist without major support/aoe classes, and a wizard class that does have them.

In a grinding game, where it takes a long time to hit level capā€¦leveling itself is considered content.

Solution to the optimization issues, or the cheating issues? Because I believe these two are the main concerns that could make someone leave the game.

Resets wouldnt be a good solution to boredom gained from playing the game. Itā€™s easier to become bored if you arent as attached to your character, and you wont be that attached anymore if you can reset your build easily.

1 Like

Well I think it doesnā€™t matter what people want. IMC will do what they want and thatā€™s it.
They implement Class Reset = fine for me. They donā€™t = fine too. Some people will quit anyway due to implementation (or lack of it).

There are many problems that needs to be addressed. Optimization and cheating are definitely on the list. But those are for another thread no?

It wouldnā€™t be a solution to boredom. More/better content would be. It would ease the frustration of your character not having a future rank that fits into your build tho.

What solution would you suggest to people having their characterā€™s play style completely changed to something they donā€™t like?

Then donā€™t make it easy.

1 Like

And what would satisfy those asking for a reset (for themselves)?
Solutions have been suggested before, that didnt make things too easy. @Nekorin posted one just now.

Apparently that one gave too much Reset, and not enough Easy.
The main thing asked from Resetters, is the ability to Not Spend Time. How is that anything other then Easy?

Sure you could place a hefty price tag on it, make it cost a lot of rl $$, that would make it ā€˜ā€˜harderā€™ā€™. And it would also make it so most probably cant afford the reset now.
Some would still ask for a Reset implemented like thatā€¦but thatā€™s just personal selfishness of ā€˜ā€˜I want to use my money to get more faster, why cant I?!ā€™ā€™

Exactly. So why are you here arguing for a reset, instead of more/better content?

You know, such as content you can do and enjoy even with your ā€˜ā€˜ruined buildā€™ā€™

Make a new character, if your build is that important to you. Itā€™s what most people do.

Many would argue that lack of Resets is not a problem at all. So I gave some examples of issues that are.

And i donā€™t disagree with Nekorin. Having some form of reset is better then nothing.

because ā€œIt would ease the frustration of your character not having a future rank that fits into your build tho.ā€

All is for more/better content no one is going to argue against that. So who do i argue with?

I donā€™t enjoy new content with my ruined build. Many donā€™t.

Why should I or anyone else get punished for something thatā€™s not their fault? Ya some people remake but some quit too.

Doesnā€™t seem like its not a problem at all. Otherwise there wouldnā€™t be multiple threads on this with hundreds of replies.

The issues you listed donā€™t need to be debated at all thus why no one debates them. Cuz there isnā€™t a for or against optimization and anti-cheating. Everyone is for it.

1 Like

IMC. If people dont enjoy the content because their builds are ruined, that means the content isnt enjoyable enough.

If games were only fun with min/maxing, then every single gamer would be hardcore. That is not the case.

The content should be enjoyable enough that each new class feels like a bonus, not a must-have.
Something to be excited about getting, not feeling depressed about if it isnt up to par, or doesnt synch perfectly with the rest of your build.

Iā€™ll quote myself:

There is no fault here. For some reason people are blaming themselves for their choices. And punishing themselves as a result.

No, most people remake and some quit.
Itā€™s a given that there is no Class or Circle reset, yet people still level and play their characters all the same. Even tho 2/3 ranks are still unreleased. (and unknown) In addition, most people wouldnt consider their character ruined that easily.

Hundreds of replies made by mostly the same people. I would know, Iā€™ve replied in all of them. This very same argument you use was used all the way back when the threads were new too.

Which is interesting, considering that those threads were started by the same people.

Apparently they do, or they would already be implemented, dont you think?

You still need to convince IMC to actually do something in both regards.

1 Like

Such a beautiful sentence~ although we are still far from this but this is what we hope ToS will achieve eventually.

You canā€™t really argue with IMC unless they are purposely releasing bad content. If they are doing the best they can whatā€™s there to argue? Argue why they should fire their staff and hire new ones?

This is very subjective. I mean if i park my car out in the street and someone hit it. Of course im going to blame the guy that hit my car and not myself for making the choice of parking it there.

ā€œFor some reason people are blaming themselves for their choiceā€ This might be a typo. I donā€™t think anyone blames themselves.

But then again i donā€™t want to argue over definitions of words. So ill just leave it at that.

Well I donā€™t know about that. But when people first join the game they wouldnā€™t really know how it works till some new content comes out. I didnā€™t even know shinobis and rogue3s donā€™t have an rank8 that goes well with them till after rank8 was announced.

But hundreds have already quit due to this issue. So you canā€™t really say that everything is fine and sweep it under a rug.

No. When and how this is implemented solely depends on the capability of the IMC staff. Players have already done all they can to push IMC for it. There are already threads about hacks and optimization where people are tagging and spamming for GMs/Staff. Thereā€™s really nothing else that we can do. It all up to them now.

Yes this should be what content is then there wouldnā€™t be a need for this thread or any type of resets.

hereā€™s my reply to you

[ ]

fill it in with your imagination, you seem to be good at that.

and keep thinking reset is what im after even though i only want a solution to new content not fitting old current builds.

1 Like

1 Like

Just join the bandwagon and quit ToS. You will be much happier for it, I assure you.

No need to quit the ToS forums too though. Theyā€™re a lot more fun than ToS.

1 Like

So whereā€™s the reset you were helping me get? I havenā€™t received it yet. Please spam staff some more for me. I really need this reset.[quote=ā€œhaukinyau, post:701, topic:232755ā€]
quit TOS
[/quote]

You heard it here IMC. Mr. HueHueHue wants people to quit. He has volunteered to fund your game till rank10 is out. Please contact Mr. HueHueHue for his bank info.

1 Like

I see what you mean, but this i a f2p gameā€¦they have to make money somehowā€¦ In a way with all the nerfs some classes getā€¦that can impact the class, making it less appealing some people dont want to start over as it changed their whole plan. The linkerā€¦the swordsman ending mission to catch up to other dps damage. Took me a month to delete a 175 character i had to redoā€¦although planned, with the nerfs and rebalancingsā€¦skill and job reset wasnt cutting to save itā€¦wouldā€™ve I paid for a job resetā€¦damn rightā€¦I put in the hours. so working on a new build.

My mistake not entirelyā€¦but nerfs are unpredictableā€¦some are minor impact others are major.

Donā€™t even bother. Anti-reset will tell you its your fault for not enjoying the changes/nerf made to your character.

Donā€™t like that ā– ā– ā– ā–  forcibly entering your ass? The problem isnā€™t you getting raped its you not enjoying it.

1 Like

lmao Never thought it would be put in this context lol hilariously makes sense. but i guess business is business.

Iā€™m not sure how would it bother people if people change their class treeā€¦I mean is not like is going to let you change to a different class like from cleric to archerā€¦just to the cleric one. Probably they will make it very pricey to limit the excessiveness.

1 Like

Oracle and Druid are different classes. So are all the other classes in the Cleric tree.

Itā€™s been explained before. Making decisions =/= as fault.
And if you dont enjoy a character anymore, you have the option of making a different one.