Tree of Savior Forum

[NINJA COMMUNITY] Shinobi Class build, etc. (Updated as of 05/16/2016)

@tsigetartseht
are you digging in the tunnel again? its a miracle that you didn’t play XD

Dood do not forget that I have work everyday until 6 PM GMT+8 :open_mouth:

I have a life too you know XD

yeah right :laughing:

You are working while digging a tunnel. Good Job! :thumbsup:

Kudos to you my friend XD

1 Like

Empty Note timer please…
Its currently 6:46AM atm Im at the vases of Fedimian, can someone update me if anyone had the note on what time.

Yeah thanks buddy! :laughing:

1 Like

Guys, i recently asked from a player who has a very deep understanding towards swordman class and currently he is testing the best build for shinobi since i begged him to do so. Not long ago, he came out with this long letter and he will continue update me once he found out the core point as shinobi. Feel free to read :
In the mean time I suggest you post your build up to the official TOS forums. You’ll learn a lot there.
Right now Shinobi is decent in PvP(one-on-one) and PvE, except in appropriate level dungeons/towers and multi-PvP. The worst thing about it is it’s lack of defense. So, that needs to get solved or addressed in a Shinobi build.
Now, the dangerous thing about Corsair is it adds nothing that I can think off to shinobi by itself. Most of it’s attacks are low compared to other classes, sure it has CC moves but what’s the point as your clones won’t do anything with them, it’s double weapon assault wastes stamina that bunshin relies on. If stamina is zero then bunshin is finished. Swordsman use stamina for dashing too. I’d more like classes that can add something to shinobi as well as stand on their own.

Hoplite: Adds finestra
Doppel: Deeds can be staked with kunai
Barb: Buffs to the main body
Swordsman: Used with bunshin clones
Fencer: Main body evasion
Peltasta: main body block and def increase
Highlander: main body cross block

Classes I don’t think go well with Shinobi are:
Rodel, Cata, Corsair, Dragoon (taking shinobi at rank 8 instead), templar, squire.
However, I believe any weapon can be used with shinobi not just swords that the hardcore ninjas that the forums are pushing for :slight_smile:

I’m doing some calculations with:

1. Dex:40%,Str:30%
  2. Dex:35%,Str:35%
  3. Dex:30%,Str:40%

As, well as hunting for more information on shinobi’s

So far here is all the information I know (I’ll add if I forget to mention anything or if I find new info):

1. Shinobi’s Bunshin can use only Kunai and all Swordsman skills, but be aware that this might also be a bug or undergo future balancing. But, if they do that I’m sure they’ll provide at least a class reset scroll to everyone with Swordsman C2 and C3.
  2. Kunai hits 5 times at max. Clones use it as well so 25 times. Tested that it stacks with Deeds, Gung ho and concentrate before going bunshin.
  3. Buffs don’t work on clones. Though the favored hypothesis right now is that if you use buffs before going bunshin clones copy altered stats rather than base ones.
  4. Clones are completely separate from main body. Main body doesn’t affect clones and clones don’t affect main body. Clones HP is determined by your Dex and current HP of main body. So, if main body is injured and goes bunshin they clones when formed will also have the same% of Hp depleted on their HP bar as well. They always form with full SP of their own that depletes every time they use a skill and this SP does not depend on main body’s current SP.
  5. Bunshin depletes main body’s SP after the charging is finished. So, if you are interrupted half way then no SP is taken. Bunshin clones consume Stamina, though at a much slower rate than running. But, if you have zero stamina then bunshin clones dissapear.
  6. Flower/Note of the quest to get Shinobi has a spawn rate of one every 4hrs per channel and is prone to have competition. Make a search on the forum to see if anyone posted their last find. That way you can know whether to switch channel or wait for the allocated time.
  7. Bunshin clones draw no aggro.
  8. Main body’s damage is increase by 5x with max bunshin
  9. Main body’s def stays the same but 5x damage to it and decrease in evasion depending on clones
  10. Katon’s Stealth allows movement, jump and attack while being invisible. Majin’s hide is like archer’s cloaking and jumping or attack reveals yourself.
  11. Main body dies, then clone dies.
  12. Main body can use any skills any time but bunshin won’t copy them unless it is swords or Kunai
  13. Clones follow main where ever main goes even with stealth. Clones follow main on knock back, push back.
  14. Restrain hasn’t been tested yet with clones.
  15. Clones use bash, pommel, double slash and thrust.
  16. All shinobi’s attacks are considered bleeding.
  17. No companions can be use and if bunshin appears companions go into inactive hiding.
  18. Bunshin clones don’t copy weapon’s elemental properties or armor’s elemental resistance.
  19. Restrain has between 0.5-1 sec stun and stun lock isn’t possible due to a 1 sec CD gap.
  20. After using Mokuton tricking the enemy then you drop on them with a stab similar to punish (knock down + stab). Mokuton is more like a buff and waits for full duration for enemy to attack you. It is ranged too and teleports to the enemy and does AoE equal to 1+ weapon’s AoE to all surrounding enemies.
  21. Majin has almost unlimited AoE similar to Cannoneer’s cannon blast and can take 15+ enemies with it.
3 Likes

Thanks for this huge info @jokeryuen :slight_smile:
We really appreciate you are helping your own fellow ninjas and ninjas-in-training :slight_smile:

However, there is only one thing I disagree…

Number 6: The Yellow-Eyed Flower Petal…It’s totally random…
It’s been confirmed to the staffs a long time ago that the spawning time is random. I even experienced it. How can a guy in CH 4 get a flower at 4:24AM server time, and I got mine on CH 3 at 5:20AM server time…on the same day?
It’s not 4 hours, its not per channel…the spawning time is Global, and its totally Random. Or perhaps its per channel… I dunno

The rest are fine to me…I never thought All shinobi’s attacks are considered bleeding.hahahaha! :laughing:

And some are new info. However, this needs to be tested by other pips here.
I just hope this info is in iTOS not in CBT or OBT coz CBT and OBT are old and many changes are made since iTOS.

I’m deathly allergic to taking lower rank classes at higher ranks but maybe thats just me?
I figure Rod C3, will make up for Seism when you get that extra 100% damage from High Kick and Shooting star is alright.
Hnnnngggghhhh. That and Stomping Kick will actually scale :stuck_out_tongue: with 200% strike bonus behind it.

1 Like

Yes this all info is the latest one. Rest assured I will dig more gold information from him hehe

1 Like

Wow thank you very much for this useful information!
You’re a real lifesaver in considering the points for my shinobi skills xD

Oh and, I want to confirm something
Clones do not copy Mijin right?

im waiting for his next long letter about the shinobi, and for the clones+mijin,in my opinion i guess it is not stackable. Maybe u should wait for the person who actually tried it.

Guys I wanted to ask, what if i use another steam account and gift the premium access to my main account and will I able to use them ? (note, my main account has already bought both of the access 1 package including the discounted one.) Reason is, I wanted to keep 1 more reset pots for my shinobi. Anyone tried this pls tell me ya

iirc this won’t work because I remember from a statement on IMC that having already bought one and receiving a gift of it will not allow you to stack it which will force the user to ask for a refund on what they bought and use the gift in place of it.

How about the skill range ?

I don’t think so dude.
Remember the video I posted in the thread? They don’t copy.
I like it if they do XD

1 Like

Do you guys having problem advancing to Shinobi?

This is the latest thread I saw…3 people complaint…
I’m not just sure what is their problem…
I’ve never heard this before.

2 Likes

Unless there’s a bug that won’t let you become a ninja :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nah…i can still use ninja moves even without bunshin clones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: