Tree of Savior Forum

Newcomer needs guidance

Endgame is an P2W RNG nightmare, and all of the endgame PVE content, including Velcoffers, is easy enough to be cleared after a few attempts by badly geared newbies. IMC gets around this by gating upgrades behind massive RNG walls that encourage you to waste money on p2w gachas, creating an illusion of progress, when in reality you’re paying for stuff you don’t need, because the game never required +20 gear in the first place.

You’re welcome.

A token is a “play with comfort” system. They give useful but non critical benefits (faster speed, gestures, market discount…) with the two most useful being the ability to learn attributes immediately and to trade with other people items which will not be bound to character otherwise.

Not anymore since the prices are now fixed. Consider classes with shops more like a support class.

So Fedimian it is. I’m playing on that server too, it’s fine, although a bit underpopulated for my taste. People are usually kind and quick to answer, so don’t be shy to ask for stuff in game.

One thing to consider: to broadcast a message to the whole server, you need an item called a “megaphone”, which you will get in good supplies (30 or 40 iirc) at the beginning, but will quickly run low. This is a “premium” item, which means it cannot be bought at a regular shop, but at the “cash” shop. Each day, you get 5 TP (the “premium” currency in the game) for free, so you should use them every day (they don’t stack) to buy basic premium items like megaphones, warp scrolls (to be able to warp from map to map without having to walk all the way there), or soul crystals (item that resurrects you on the spot if your character happens to die).

As a new player, you’ll get a “rookie savior pack” to help you leveling. Boosts, items, free token… you should be able to get your first character on the road very quickly. Don’t forget to look into your mailbox and redeem the stuff there. When you arrive in the first town, visit the different NPCs which should give you more boosts. Check the message board (on the big plaza to the east), you should be able to get MORE boosts from it.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

As for build, I’m currently leveling up this one: Cleric 2 - Priest 1 - Paladin 3 - Kabbalist 1 - Inquisitor 2. This is what I call the hack and slash old D&D style paladin. You play it like a fighter with skills to heal and defend yourself. You never need any potion…

It is correct. However, last time I checked the market, there was only one token for sale, and it was priced at 19 million silver. Hard to afford for a new player.

West Siauliai Woods? That’s the starting area, you should expect 1-5 people there, and usually newly created characters. My advice would be to do all the quests in the area, it’s awesome to get hints, levels, starting money… Don’t forget to explore 100% of the maps, you get extra rewards from an NPC in town. Once you arrive in Klaipeda, if you chose “channel 1”, you’ll see a LOT of players around :wink:

You should also get another one (only 7 days) from a NPC in town (Leticia).

You should still be able to qualify for the DLC packages which contain various pet eggs. The penguins (leaf/snow) can be mounted without any skill or class requirement.

It is. Just take your time discovering everything, don’t rush your character. There are tons of maps with gorgeous scenery and music, don’t miss them. The game is not just grinding for exp and equipment, enjoy your build, discover other ones, there are infinite possibilities. See you in the game.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot for your effort in asnwering this. I think i will build something myself. i mean i like the builds they are great but I feel like getting druid 3 circle could be fun transforming into a wolf. It may not be very good but at least it would be fun to play and much more enjoying. :smile: BTW. how Kabbalist numbers skills works, i mean i’m good at math but it will probably dont give me much xD

1 Like

You could surely build a Druid3, I just advice you to get information before doing it, it can really a build you’ll help :slight_smile: (like, getting synergies between classes, it’s a bit hard to get at the beginning, so more experimented player can help you while you learn the game ^^)
For Kabbalist, you have 2 spells that allow you to calculate a number for each mob in range, and then you have others spells that apply an effect on those mobs depending on the number. So, no need to do real maths yourself :smile:

I think i will go for cleric2>bokor3>druid2/3>something more on 1 or 2. still confussed how to go with stats i heard that healing from grass depends on con but than i would probably have some problems with dmg output. so ifanyone wanna help me with finilizing this build. i would be really glad. :slight_smile:

Cleric2/Bokor3/Druid2/Exo2 is actually a really good dps build for Cleric (probably one of the best of the moment if I’m not mistaken), and it even has some support with Cleric’s Heal and Druid’s Chortasmata and Sterea Troph :slight_smile: No Lycan though. Oh, it’s a magic build, so you can invest all stat points in INT, and put some in CON (around 50) for more HP until you get more used to the game (trust me, the mobs hurts after lvl300 ^^)
Cleric2/Krivis3/Druid3/Tao1 is the last Lycan build I heard about, but to be fair, I don’t know that much Lycan builds (builds revolving around Druid3 taken for the Lycan), so I hope someone will give you better advices than mine :slight_smile:

Go auto attack (AA) cleric. The build is cheap gear wise- and the gear will serve you well until the end. A lv40 mace (5hammer) and lv15 armor (cafrisun set) lets me clear challenge mode (cm) stage 5 for 750k per 20 mins per day. It requires 20m to complete, but you don’t need the complete build right away. You can ease yourself and chip away at the 20m cost bit by bit but still be able to do stuff.

I won’t go into the stuff everyone else has already answered.

There are many ways to build

• meta AA: cleric1-krivis3-priest3-chaplain-inquisitor1
  • chaplain AA: cleric1-priest3-chaplain-x-x-x-inquisitor1
  • krivis AA: cleric1-krivis3-x-x-x-x-inquisitor1

I strongly recommend this if you don’t have money (completely fresh start) or don’t have a sponsor (someone you know who can help you and give you stuff).

i dont see a chaplain class in classes showcase on the site what rank is it

It’s r5. It’s a “secret class” that requires being priest3 and doing a “secret quest” that isn’t too hard. Look for info on the quest here.

Oh secret classes didn’t knew about them can somone link me what are their skills and what they do. Considering that all starting class have one.

Play with this for a while.

Hi, here once again, can somone tell me if it’s worth doing all the blue quest i mean the rewards as far are not very generous. some cards and nothing beside it. Till now Sratas George i made them all (37lvl Cleric 2c)

You are definitely not forced to do them ! Try to do the yellow quest (main quest), as it gives better rewards, but even then, you can skip it if you want to ! (if your level is higher for example) The blue quest are interesting when you struggle to get exp or if you’re tired to just kill mobs for example :slight_smile:
I don’t know if someone mention it, but if you find yourself struggle to kill mobs, try to buy some buffs in town ! In Klaipedia, around the warp statue, you’ll find a lot of player’s shop, and some of them sell buffs. Buying those buffs can really help you to kill faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you don’t care about the stories and “rewards” you can 100% ignore quests, just start them and then go to F5 and hit abandon and they will be moved to another tab until you want to do them…

Am a sucker for plot and completion (except for green quest they suck and have nothing of value in modern ToS)…

i like diong a blue ones but sometimes when i click n and move my mouse over the palce there are some blue quests written there but i dont really know if they are completed ones or the ones i can still take cuz i mostly have done all blue ones and im quite confused with it.

Completed quests disappear from you Quest log (F5) and don’t show on map

light color icon means you haven’t started them and darker color icon means unfinished

I do all the quests with all my characters. The number of xp you gain from the cards is enormous. I’m still amazed to see that there are quests that you can FAIL :slight_smile:
BTW don’t skip the yellow quests, some are required to progress on some maps, you could be stuck if you don’t do them. It’s also good to have all warp statues uncovered for faster travelling.

Quest system is currently bugged. The flag appears on the map once you have completed the quest, not before :wink:
As a workaround, try to install the “Better quests” add-on, which will add a little checkbox on your quest list (F5). Click on the checkbox to make all quest flags appear on the map. You will still have to explore the map to find the quest locations (the bug only happens on the minimap when you press M), but once you’ve taken the quest, the minimap will refresh properly. I hope they’ll fix this bug quickly, it’s annoying…

Do not trust anyone on this forum and look for korean videos on youtube with builds.

There are no “good” players doing blue quests, yellow/story quests are not required.
You can do them at level cap.
Do blue/yellow quests only if you like and be wary that you will level ten to twenty times slower.

You see this? this is a lie. The maps that are blocked by story quests are actually blocked when you TAKE the quest that makes you unlock them.

It’s a recent bug. Map on M will show the true state of the game. Minimap is currently bugged.

if some of you guys played cleric and would like to help me sort my thoughts. Here’s the link to my other thread:

Thanks in advance :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.