Tree of Savior Forum

Newcomer needs guidance

So i’ve got some questions about the game and how to start. First of all about the tokens, how important they’re and do they really give good benefits. Second the classes. if there’s a thread to a whole circle system would be nice cuz don’t fully understand it. Are crafting classes viable way of earning money and gearing up or good old grinding is a better way i kinda want to aim for a crafting class as my first. If there’s some discord that would be good to know and resolve a lot of my questions much faster. Thanks :slight_smile: Still waiting till the game will get installed so, go time xD

Tokens are really important if you dont want to wait 9 years on attributes, which are generally pretty important for many classes.

2 Likes

For the class and circle, you can have some informations here : https://treeofsavior.com/page/guide/view.php?n=10
Don’t hesitate to ask if you have more question on this system !

You can find a compilation of good builds for all classes here : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SF3CeTi9umcI9tFmZmRCNUHEJQwtgSMmVKqq9sCjnPY/edit (for your first character, try to choose one which doesn’t need too much investment)

As far as I know, crafting classes are not really good to get money as beginner, because there is a lot of competition, but someone should be able to talk about that better than me !

If I can give one advice, choose a class that appeal to you, that’s really important :slight_smile: Most of your gearing (except for some endgame content far from you or some really expensive classes) can be done via loot or buy from other players, so that should be ok for a first character ^^

2 Likes

thanks a lot for the help i will read it throughly and if in need i will ask :smiley: one more thing what server is the best to start i mean i live in Europe but if there’re more people in America server i would rather start there

Yeah, really, don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:
I think the European server is fine ! I play on it, and I don’t really have problems to find a group when needed, depending on the time (less people during the day, but it’s the same everywhere)

Fedimian (Europe) isn’t a bad server, very casual, maybe less competitive than others. If you plan an autoattacking build, ping is an issue for further away servers.

Can somone tell me what’s the pace of leveling your char through out the game cuz all the classes look so awesome i can not decide at all and think of getting some low investment build first and than with bigger budget enjoy anything i pick.

If i may drop a bit more about classes. Try as wizard farmer/grind as the first one. They might be a little boring at the first but they have more vaerity then others base farmer classes. At the first, they seem slow, but as the game goes on and harder, you will notice that your overall performace and investment aren’t as harsh as others classes.
This one may not suit for some game content like raids, world boss (WB) , challange mode (CM) and pvp in general but for your overall team it’s good to have one. You can for example, farm for blessed shards for something like 10 - 20 per day along some primus on the way and not spending too much on repair, rebuff, refil pots (specially sp).

1 Like

The last character I leveled was rather fast up to lvl180, I find it to slow down after that (I’m a casual player too), and even after, it can be quite fast depending on what you do to level !

That’s weird, because I both agree and disagree with that xD Level up a first character you like is really important for me (usually not a farmer), but with the boost you get as new player, it might be really fast to level up even a farmer, so it can be interesting too…

In the end, I suppose it depends on what you want to do !
If you want to focus on endgame, you’re gonna need good gear, and a farmer wizard is gonna be really helpful (as first or second character).
If you’re more interested in exploring the game/playing casually/experimenting/whatever that doesn’t involve the hardest group instance , maybe it’s not worth it.

1 Like

Pure DDs need a lot of investment to be good in party play. Support builds can do their damage for solo leveling and farming, but are not screwed in party with mediocre equips like pure DDs are.

edit: DD means Damage Dealer

1 Like

What a DDs are ? I thought about cleric but considering the online count is not that big, it will probably leave me without a party in the begginings. So i think about taking a class that would get me past this part

DD is Damage Dealer, and generally used to design a combination of classes oriented to do the most damage possible.
Cleric is a really good Class to start with, because you have your own heals, which makes you really hard to kill !
A few example of Cleric build (non-exhaustive liste ^^)

• Cleric1>Priest3>Chaplain1>Krivis3>Inquisitor,1 if you like to auto-attacks like a holy warrior/paladin (buff yourself and smash things !)
  • Cleric2>Dievdirbys1>Sadhu3>Plague Doctor3, if you want to burn things with debuffs and damage on time
  • Cleric2>Bokor3>Druid2>Exorcist2, if you want to mix plants, zombies, and holy damage
    (all of of these builds have damage and a bit of support too)

You can find more information on the Google Doc, but that’s just an example of a few Cleric builds, all of these should be cheap to use while having an easy leveling :slight_smile:
And honestly, Cleric doesn’t really need a party to level up anymore, so feel free to go that way ! The only way to have a slow leveling is to make a full support Cleric or Wizard, which I definitely don’t recommend for a first character :confused:

1 Like

Thanks that’s exactly what i was looking for the paladin-esk class that can deal dmg and be save even if it run out of potions. btw is this class have some kind of aoe or rather smashing one by one like ants haha.
btw. this community rocks i mean so much help nearly instantly

For this class, you won’t even be using a lot of potions, so just profit :slight_smile: You’re gonna have a bit of aoe with Krivis (with a lightning spell) and more with Inquisitor (a wheel that spread your auto attacks in aoe and can burn enemies)
Thanks, I got some help here too, so now that I know more about the game, I try to help people :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just installed game and going to create my char on eu server hope i will find somone throughout the game to join me haha thanks for help. If i will have problems with sth i will ask again in this post. Btw i read that the token can be purchased for in game currency is it correct ?

No problem :slight_smile:
You can effectively buy the token with in game currency, it will take some times as beginner, but it becomes easier when you have a high level character !

3/100 on a channel is it really that small number of people. Really thought there would be more. thanks for help i had a token in my mail box so at least i got 30 days to earn for another

There’s not a lot of people in low level maps, but wait to get to the first city and to higher level map, that will get better :slight_smile:

Paladin has basically only AoE skills. Those are Smite, Turn Undead and Demolition.

AoE is different in TOS than in other games, as there are AoE attack ratio and AoE defence ratio. The defence ratio depends on the size of monsters, and the attack ratio accounts for how many monsters you can hit at the same time.

E.g. as a Cleric, you have a base AoE attack ratio of 3. Smite adds + 4 AoE attack ratio, so you have a total of 7 AoE ratio by default. Since medium sized monsters have 2 AoE defence ratio and small sized monsters have 1 AoE defence ratio, you can hit either 4 medium sized monsters or 7 small sized monsters with your attack, as long as they are all in the hitbox of the skill.

1 Like

btw what class have mount i just discovered that some has xD