Tree of Savior Forum

Newbie question [schwarzer reiter]

Is this a good build for PVE and boss hunting?..[2archer>2sapper>3schwarzer reiter]…thx

i can’t be possible because u miss a rank (rank 5)
I have a SR3 and I build it this way for pve
2archer, 2 ranger, 1 appraiser(hidden class) 3 Reiter

why appraiser? bcuz it have a buff that increase the refine of the sub weapon for a short time (+3 maxed and +4 with divine might)and some good debuff too
ranger had an increase damage buff too and its skill can be used mounted too

I hope it can help you

You should always search before making a post as you will find that people have answered most of your questions elsewhere.

The core of every SR3 build is:

Archer->Archer2->Rank3(Free)->Rank4(Free)->Rank5(Free)->Schwarzer Reiter->Schwarzer Reiter 2->Schwarzer Reiter 3

You have 3 free ranks to play with, here’s why you would end up with Archer2->Ranger2->X->SR3

• Rank3 Choices
    • Archer3 - Only gain a little crit from Swift Step (with change coming soon), not optimal.
    • Ranger1 - Gain Steady Aim, pretty good choice
    • Quarrel Shooter1 - Caltrops5, Stun(Stone Shit), Pavise (has varied uses)
    • Hunter - You’re going to be riding your mount, so all skills will be unusable, bad choice.
    • Sapper - Have to dismount to use skills, bad choice

Ranger1 is the best choice, QS1 is a decent follow up but not great, Archer3 will be a good choice but not as good as Ranger1

• Rank4 Choices
    • Archer3/Hunter1/Sapper1/Ranger1/QS1 - Same as above
    • QS2 - More caltrops, longer stun, running shot might be okay with new OH, but doubtful
    • Ranger/2 - More Steady Aim
    • Scout - Can’t use camouflouge mounted, Fluflu is decent but unnecessary
    • Wugu - If you didn’t take Ranger might be decent, but if you already have Ranger1 might as well get more benefit out of [Steady Aim]

Ranger ends up being the choice here if you picked it before. Even with new changes to [Swift Step] it is still better to have Ranger1 than Archer3 IF you are going to remember to cast Steady Aim often. If you don’t intend to use Steady Aim due to it’s downtime and frequent cast requirements then you can go Archer3Wugu1 as probably the better choice. The wugu skills won’t help you with regular mobs though so this is a case where it’s probably still best to go Ranger2, but you have a little more wriggle room here.

• Rank5 Choices
    • Ranger3 - More steady aim benefits
    • Fletcher - Pointless, this is a 3Circle or nothing class
    • Appraiser - Overestimate is good! Blindside is good for bosses (140DG/170DG will take a nice chunk off!), Deval is good for long fights
    • Rogue - Consider Appraiser will only really use things other than Overestimate on bosses Rogue gains a LOT more crit for bosses if you can stay behind them. If you are going to put int he work to stay behind the boss, you will get more out of Rogue than Appraiser. Also has a nuke similar to Blinside in Vendetta

In the end you’re left with a few more choices here: Ranger3, Rogue1, Appraiser1. They all fit different choices here.
Ranger3 - Only if you’re too lazy to do Appraiser quest AND don’t want to boss at all but only farm
Rogue1 - If you want to boss and don’t want to deal with App1’s long quest, AND you are willing to stick behind the boss
App1 - Willing to do the quest and want good benefits but won’t boss too often or are okay with MUCH less crit when you do show up.

1 Like

I like your explanation and I am myself in the devotion of the best way for me to SR3. Currently I am considering the following choices:
Archer 1 – 2

• A2 Only for Swift Step Critical Rate +150. Really difficult to evaluate the number if you are going to stack Critical Rate because of diminishing returns x^0,6 ~ Sqrt(x). If you plan to stack DEX it gets more valuable as well.

Ranger 2 -3

• R3 for bounce and spiral shot. Possible good burst damage on bosses for the additional extra while Limacon the ■■■■ out of the boss. I consider charge attacks as bad on SR3 because they cost you auto attacks. But here you have to pay attention that the R3 skills are used with a bow, which means you will need to have a good bow + good pistole in the end to make proper use of R3 skills. Otherwise it is a trap rank.

Rogue / Appraiser

• Here we go back to bossing and investments. You can go Rogue + werewolf cards and sneak hit from the front for up to roughly 32% crit chance (while farming). On the other Hand Appraiser has a different card layout and as stated can give you a nice flat bonus on enchantments. In the end, Overestimate will increase your base damage by around 10-15%.

With absolute infinite Budget the best route would be A1R3Rogue in my opinion, but let’s face it. It is unrealistic to ever reach it for 99,99%.

Don’t do werewolf cards anymore even if you went Rogue, the 3 cards aren’t worth it, just always stay behind the mob.

The Swift Step bonus is at most 20% if you have nothing else going for you, at worst it’s around 10%, so it’s still damn good. Stacks very well with either the Appraiser chance or the Rogue chance.

Yeah there are a lot of good theoretical builds that won’t work for most people, but if you want something serious to invest in and not regret it going forward that’s probably your best option, you won’t miss much from other choices either, maybe going A2R2Rogue1SR3 is better to max out crit easier without gear (Crit rate headgear with 3 lines is going to be near impossible), but this will set you at 20%(Swift Step)+40%(Sneak Hit) for a 60% crit chance from behind that’s damn good, I never find myself using older skills but maybe bounce and spiral will fit your playstyle well. :slight_smile:

Okay so I came to realize, why don’t we theorycraft for rank 9??? I feel like all the preparation to squeze in 8 ranks after all this is kinda wasted knowing that IMC is trying rank 9 either late thisbyear or early next?

So I’m thinking…

A2-r3-sr3-App?

Or

A2-r2-rogue-sr3-app

So what cards should I use for with SR3 in regards with future card changes? A2-R2-Rogue1-SR3 here

I have to disagree on the werewolf cards, at least currently, if my knowledge is correct. Currently you can stack up to 8 of the same card which would net you a +32% critchance increase with 8 Lv10 werewolf. This is equal to roughly 16% increased overall damage (more than Appraiser buffs). With the upcoming changes, you can have 3 out of 8 cards, which would result in 6% (less than Appraiser buffs). At the same time you open up for 3 glass mole cards which will increase your damage, at least theoretically up to 30% (all videos I watched so far with 8 lv10 glass moles, there was no increase of 80%, at most ~30). I

• In current setup and theory, 8 lv 10 glass mole cards >>> rest. However, you just have a 6s window to use your skills or auto attacks. (Or simply said, you have to do more micromanagement)

Will there be better choices instead of Werewolf cards? With infinite budget and +10 weapons, no. Simple as that, because the Patk bonus of the cards will always be less than the min. overall damage buff of 6% from the werewolf cards.

However, let us return to the face of the earth. As long as your cards provide you with more than 16% or in the future 6% overall more Patk, than they will be automatically better than 3x werewolf card.

When the card overhaul will be done, I would say that the best card setup will be for the average player:

• 3 Lupus (for aspd because we rely on aspd).
  • 3 Sparnass (flat +210 Patk will be around 10% for the average player)
  • 2 Plokste (flat 100 Patk)

Theorycraft

• 3 glass mole
  • 3 Lupus
  • 2 Sparnass

Theorycraft of rank 9 is pointless to me, because if rank 9 ends up with some serious buff mechanics or “instantanious” mount usuable burst skills with bow / gun, you are better of with R9 than R3 or App or Rogue in that regard

1 Like

Okay, here’s the thing, that’s all and well if you can’t stay behind the boss.

If you can stay behind the boss you are getting nothing out of werewolf cards, and SR3 has no problem at all staying behind the boss almost always.

The worse you are at doing the only thing you have to do, the better werewolf cards are on SR3.

The opposite is also true of course, the better you are at finding that back, the less you are getting from the WW cards. It is not hard at all to do this, it’s a very very low entry level to do so, so therefore there’s no reason for the cards. Something where you might be kneeling like a cannoneer will definitely benefit from WW, or something with a lot of non-moving spam attacks like a fletcher or something, but an SR3 has 0 problems with this.