Tree of Savior Forum

Newbie need skill build : Highlander>Barbarian>Doppel

I am new to this game … from some research i felt like Highlander-Barbarian-Doppel is newbie friendly … but like to know skill build to follow …

https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=yxvkbuw5

invested all stat points(some 50) into str… is it ok or some other stat need priority?

doubt as swordsmen - bash skill is useful in long run or should i swap it with Bear skill so if required can tank or this build tanking is not possible?

doubt in highlander - is it worth taking Cross Guard for 50% block?

if you feel this build can be improved … please share me improved link …

looking for your expert advice :slight_smile:

1. That’s okay, generally you want stats invested in str for more physical attack, but if you’re having problems just go for con.

2. Bash is good in repositioning mobs, you would find it useful in gimmicks especially for some raids, the current velcoffer content, etc that I may not be aware of. My point is, this is a good skill in repositioning mobs. Personally I invested 5 skill points to it since I have no use for Bear. Alternatively you could just invest 3 point to it, and skill bear upto 2.

3. Cross Guard is good in blocking skills that you can’t dodge. I have it maxed, it’s a tedious skill that sometimes serves no purpose unless you’re fighting a hard hitting boss. Should you take it? It depends to you, personally I don’t have any problem with skill rotation with high-barb-doppel so I could have the leisure to take it. Else, if your damage is not enough, then don’t take it.

4. https://tinyurl.com/y4hmwjt6

nice your build alot better than i posted … i was thinking to take cross guard i like 50% block … was thinking to reduce Crown to lvl4 and and take guard lvl10

You need to have a good gear first XD, don’t think of Cross Guard atm. You would manually use crossguard if you’re blocking any attack, it’s not considered a buff that’s why it’s tedious to use. Only time I use crossguard specifically is for Velcoffer attacks, Boruta attacks and world boss medio, (That is assuming all those attacks can’t be avoided by your current position). Your cleric and pots would save you for the mean time.

Go this route - Doppel > Barb > High

It’s easier to level up this way

This might help: Newbie friendly classes

Also, any swordsman class is newbie friendly rly… so just pick the weapon of choice and find skills you can use with it.

thanks for tips guys
@mono ok i wont go for crossguard