Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

Same, I main ranger/falcon/mergen and I literally have to play without pre-emptive the entire time or I cant even make it between sp pot cooldowns.

My other major issue atm is Saalus Covenant bosses, in the CMs ive been solo’ng 1-5 the boss just melts, like butter. However in saalus its like a 3 minute marathon, have to pop 2 hp pots and 3 sp pots PER miniboss, I could understand if I was undergeared but I have trans. stage 7 velcoffer bow with a wastrel ichor and high lv attributes.

I am really, really dissapointed with this patch, I am trying not to have kneejerk reactions but im already thinking about what old games I might want to play again, this just sucks.

1 Like

ToS Re:venge of the alchemistake

12 Likes

I agree, it makes the game unplayable. I actually do my best to use all kind of SP potions at once but nothing, the bar refuses to fill even a 20% and then it’s gone.

It removes the fun out of the game.

I made a Squire and it helps a bit, but not much. I like the pace with the Squire buff, but it should be the default consumption.

I can’t see any way to improve mana regen now. Some time ago they reduced the mana costs for most skills, and now we get go back to like it was before that patch.

I hope they reverse the mana stats given by SPR, should be an easy fix without the need to balance costs for all skills.

I’m the same as your friend. At one point I almost considered a full SPR swordsman. Maybe not full SPR, but like 50 STR for accuracy XD

1 Like

This is throughout the classes. I enjoyed it. Made me really think what to use and when to use it.

More strategic actions less show off. Made the game more challenging and yeah more party play.

Love it.

2 Likes

Though the SP costs are a bit over the table, people just don’t have good source management. I’ve seen some players with all their hotkeys full with skills. You don’t need to pick every skill of your class, just pick the ones you really need, because SP cost doesn’t scale with skill level anymore, which means that having a lot of one point wonders is really bad for SP management.

2 Likes

Ppl said pve too easy no challenge.Here you go play everything with team to clear unless u are super strong to kill mob with few skill. My swordie only need to drink SP pot after spamming 12 skills, 2-3 times each skill. You have to manage how to spend SP, cant wear dragoon helmet run around like biker anymore. dont active every attribute if drain SP too fast. But i think problem here is Mob def is higher in some content , that make hard to kill them. Hope they nerf mob lol

1 Like

I cant speak for everyone, all though from the feedback in this thread and the people freaking out in-game I think its safe to say most people are not happy with this.

Now to those who are like “omg kid, stop smashing random buttons and learn how to play”, just stop please. As a ranger/falcon/mergen I am basically an ele meme with a bow, all my skills are very high sp costs and by simply kiting mob packs and using a handful of skills I am completely out of SP, not button smashing.

In its current state it feels unplayable, I can still 1hit mobs but that could also be due to my weapon, I am not whale status, no crazy +23 trans 10 but I have a nice weapon. I just cant farm like this when I have to slam a potion literally the second its off cooldown.

Leveling an alchemist literally as we speak b/c the pot prices are already absurd, hp pots went from 700silver to 2.5k silver in like 4 days and its just a matter of time before sp pots are 4-5k each.

As I said, I am trying to avoid knee-jerk reactions b/c at first most changes to anything feel horrible but you eventually get used to them, this does not feel like that. I would almost rather deal with the 100% rng based progression lotto of MS2 then play like this atm, trying to be patient though.

4 Likes

The SP costs are way to high with the current system.
You can have high SP costs in games where you can recover it fast in natural way. Example diablo3 - one group of skills generate mana, other strongers spend it.

Overally SP/MANA is outdated system that need to be removed. Why we have to pay SP to use skill in the first place? Wizards were born with the ability to cast spells, swordmans and archer use weapons so its not even linked to some sort of logic. Its just outdated copy-paste system done by every developer without any though behind it.

People actualy prefer to have no-sp systems. Statistic show that in games like League of Legends, no-mana champs are more fun to play than ones with mana.

I like the need to use consumables, but usually in games you have the option to buy decent NPC food and player crafted potions. In ToS we don’t have any good consumable from NPCs, and the crafted potions barely recover half the mana.

As a Falconer I can see the mana ticking down while pre-emptive strike is active, and a combo with 3 or 4 mergen skills sometimes is enough to consume half my mana.

Extreme mana management is something you should find in a moba game because in that case you have to plan when you want to trade damage, engage in a fight or recall.

Spamming potions does not add difficult to the game, and holding skills too much is a dps loss. If you want to add complexity to the mana usage, then you can create something like ARPGs, where you spend a lot but recover super fast (burst and cooldown management), or offer some choices for the player like we had before (stats, gems,…).

1 Like

weird, why most people picking preemptive? 100SP every 5 second for 4.4k x6hit dmg is not worth at all

1 Like

And some games still use this system but adapt it.
You’re a magic user ? Your magic comes from your mana, so it makes sense that you will use mana to cast your spells but you’ll also increase your mana pool for more damages, which will help in managing your resources.
You use physical attacks ? Then mana makes no sense for you to use them, so instead you’ll have another source of energy: stamina, which will work like mana for the magical classes.
It makes sense. And TOS has both, so I don’t know why they don’t change the resources like that.
Spells = mana and physical attacks = stamina seems pretty obvious.
It doesn’t add too much in terms of gameplay to make two when you can be lazy and only put one, but in terms of story I like when they take the time to split the two resources (or even add more).

Sadly its garbage now, between the downtime we are now stuck with on aiming and pre-emptive being weakened to this point im depressed on mine.

Again though, I dont have any problems with damage, I am easily handling the content as before, with the exception of Saalus mini-bosses just being entirely too time consuming hp sponges, its just being out of mana every 5 skills is absurd.

Yes Pre-emp is very underbalanced atm.

It should be 20-30sp per 5seconds and do 50% or 50sp per 5seconds and do 100%.

At the moment its very underwhelming.

I’m quoting myself from another thread:

“We’ll soon receive an update with SP Skill consumption and Potion cooldowns reduced across the board like the Korean version. Until then, please keep in mind that you can use different Potions inbetween cooldowns, so after using an alchemist Potion you bought on the market, you can use a large sp potion from the npc shop during the alche pot cooldown, if you run out of SP. This works for all type of different Potions.”

What you can also do is saving up exp cards and using level ups to fully recover your SP, if you see that you run out of SP.

1 Like

We already have that now.

What’s missing is a sixth stat to mirror CON.

STR (increase physical attack) vs INT (increase magical attack)
DEX (increase physical critical attack) vs SPR (increase magical critical attack)
CON (increase HP, HP regen and physical defense) vs ??? (increase SP, SP regen and magical defense)

3 Likes

I guess this is time when we need to sit around bonfire and chit-chat for recover SP like very first version ?

Oh, and then CM mobs swarm to you.

RIP

5 Likes

i was thinking the same thing when i tested my toon on Siauli Misson yesterday XD