Tree of Savior Forum

New R8/R9 Clerics preview~

I’m curious about Taoist ! A lightning charged attack ? A talisman to make ground-spells hit flying enemies ?

Inquisitor has the Iron Maiden, of course~ But I’m mostly curious about its details, like if it can trap several mobs at once or only one.

Kabbalist honestly didn’t seem to bring anything much… I’m really doubtful about it right now. I want my Kabba 3 to be good ;__;

PD… honestly I’m annoyed XD Because PD already has so many useful and good skills ! I wonder if it’s an attribute of the mask though since the character is wearing it. But it’s also using another buff…
PD is Priest#2, just too many good skills and not enough points.
It also bothers me since it feels like PD is a “must have” if you want to focus on party support. I don’t like feeling forced to take a class !

Zealot seems to truly be magical in the end. Magical amazing aura of death, much ?

In the end, it just makes you want to see and know more :sad:

1 Like

I’ve already posted the details over there. Kabbalist is really cool, I hope they will have very different effects for every Sephirot so we can actually benefit from every number produced by Gematria&Notarikon. If it was me, I’d make sure Sephiroth has a CD time of 1 second or 10 seconds with 5 overheats.

Also, Nahash will also be a thing for Kabbalist C3, so we most likely only have 1 more skill to uncover(or none q.q).

I really want Kabbalist to feature a golem summon, maybe they will implement it as a 3rd skill or crafting attribute?

I’m more interested in the boost he gains for inducing damage on himself every second.
Maybe it’s a huge boost on matk or patk?

1 Like

Inquisitor - your same thoughts
Kabbalist - i dont know his skill but ok
PD - MemeBarrier
Zealot it does look magical, it can be physical too (energy blast)
that zealot was using god smash/holding two handed blunt weapon
So i’ve seen 3 skills on Zealot already, is there a 4th one or is there not? hmm?

From the symbol and color for Zealot, It’s Krivis’s symbol but it goes red. Is it the master circle for Krivis?

PD3 what’s that skill?? I can see only stance/pain barrier effect.

Zealot has at least 6 skills, because he will be released with C1 and C2 completed (as showcased in the video, C1-2). So, there are 3 more to uncover.
Also, read above post of mine to learn about Kabbalist C3 showcased.

Thank you for the details :smile:
Okay, put the way you put it it can be interesting, indeed.
Yeah, I hope so. Seeing Kabba’s other skills and the combo with Gematria and Notarikon, it’d make no sense to give it a long cd.
I also really want the Golem… Since it has first been discussed about months ago by other Kabbalists, I really want it. I’m starting to really be doubtful about it though.

Right, I forgot to mention it. It’s a pretty interesting skill. Or it might even be a %boost on damages, kind of like Transmit Prana but since you lose HP, the boost might be greater.
We’re left with more questions~

@Chuse & @x_uoxaj
That Zealot used God Smash I believe. I think it’s just that it had Inquisitor in its build.
The icone uses the Paladin’s symbol, the tree, (and not Krivis’) but in a weird and modified red icone. The fact Zealot is also using a 2H mace (which requires you to be Paladin or Monk) is making me think it might indeed be a class closely linked to the Paladin class. Maybe a Master Class, or something like that anyway.

And yes, PD seems to get an immunity to knock back/downs. Might only be an added attribute to the mask though. We don’t really get to see its skills much :confused:

Honestly Kabba 3 is the one I’m most excited about. If you don’t pay much attention to the preview, it seems kabba new skill looks very useless. But if you watch the movie carefully you can see the skill he uses makes exactly same red aura graphical effect of Swash Buckling on mobs. Mobs also make the “!” emote and instantly start charging towards the Kabbalist.

This indicates that Kabba 3 might be getting a skill similar to swash buckling, which will provoke every mob with Notarikon / Gematria. If you consider Notarikon / Gematria will be getting only 1 second cooldown each (as stated on the first intense balancing post), you can imagine very interesting setups (i.e. provoke mobs in a room and have Ein Sof lv 15).

I’m personally very excited about making a Paladin3 -> Kabbalist 3 fully defensive support cleric, even if current PvM does not require so much focusing towards tanking, I believe it’ll still be hella fun.

If all the skill does is a useless provoke then the skill is indeed useless, because it only works on enemies with the number debuff applied, meaning you’d have to move across the screen from mob to mob to debuff them and after that hope that the skills AoE is large enough to lure all the mobs in.
And for what exactly?

To kill them with the awesome low damage of Merkabah that’s worse than C2 and/or C3 skills damagewise?

1 Like

a provoke isnt that exiting to me. especially for a c3 skill (that probably requires alot of setup) when peltasta gets it at c2 and doesnt need any set up. also the rest of the kabbalist tree does not go well with a provoke, it just kinda was slapped in. like kabbalist doesnt need a provoke, especially it seems lackluster for a c3 skill, ein sof seems like a better skill for c3 than a taunt.

Swashbuckling is a C1 skill afaik :https://tos.neet.tv/skills/10103

I think that the provocation effect is one of the effects the skills has while the real effect is based on the number that’s debuffed. Let’s hope for the best, otherwise the Kabbalist finally passed away after long comatose vegetative state.
Imo designing Classes&skills that only work well in PVP and then get nerfed in PVP,too, is a pretty nasty thing to do if everything about this game is PVE and only PVE is relevant.
Every Class at Rank 8/9 (i.e. Rank 6-8 Classes) should be able to deal ± equal damage regardless of their role, to make Classes and builds viable.

Having no or bad Class attributes, bad skill numbers/effects/properties/attributes and bad synergy within its own Class&Class tree is a sickness that TOS failed to address until now and seemingly still fails to address. The freedom of choice is only a freedom of choice as long as you don’t suffer from too many handicaps/downsides/detriments/whatever you want to call them.

If the game makes you suffer greatly just by chosing a certain Class because of no apparent reason besides the developers team decisions, it’s just not a good way to handle a game.
And this is not about laughing it off as a joke, but serious business as the upcoming monsters will become harder to kill, and Classes without any damage capabilities (or bad ones) will see the short end of the stick without a question.

And, to be honest, I don’t want to go for another Circle of Kabbalist(i.e. Master Circle if they implement it even for higher-ranked underperforming Classes) just to get to the same level that Plague Doctor had with just 1 or 2 Circles.

Currently, there is no way that Kabbalist will be able to perform as good as the current Rank 8 Classes, unless they seriously boost the Merkabah damage with an attribute (I made a good suggestion based on hystorical facts), reduce the CD time of Double Chance and/or increase its AoE and make it trigger only by the Kabbalists attacks, improve Revengend Sevenfold for PVE-use (e.g. make the skill last only 7 seconds but absorb all damage for the duration and reflect it sevenfold back; that way Ein Sof would finally have a purpose if you have to tank damage for maximum reflection) and boost other skills like Reduce Level (e.g. the target loses parts of its HP permanently by reducing its level, even after the level is back to normal again) and Clone (making it work on monsters in Crystal Mine Mission like Swell Body wouldn’t hurt that much; also the CD time needs a big reduction, 30 seconds should be more than enough).

Basically everything needs an overhaul, not just Gematria&Notarikon that won’t see any worth if the skills that base on their debuff have very long CD times (over 30 seconds) and less AoE capabilities than Gematria&Notarikon.

But well, another ~ 1 week of waiting will unravel the truth, let’s hope it’s much less shocking than what we are talking about and no Class goes to the trash bin afterwards till it’s recycled [aka as rebalancing].

That’s not really exciting or interesting to me :frowning:
It also just makes Kabba all over the place. One buff to boost HP/regen SP, one buff to reflect damages, one skill to summon wheels to attack/protect, two skills to get numbers (transformed into aoes + aggroing mobs ?), a skill to duplicate the damages, a skill to clone, a skill to reduce the levels <- these three last skills only works with Notarikon/Gematria. Kabbalist doesn’t seem to have a theme.

And yes, Paladin 3-Kabbalist 3 sounds like a good tanky build but I don’t think it’s worth it. TOS doesn’t require heavy tanking after all.
And then the skills… The aggro seems either:

1. Small,
  2. Only affecting enemies in front of you,
  3. A small limit on how many you can aggro,
  4. ^ all of the above ? (judging from the video)

To that you add the fact it might be just a way “to attract” (so many skills offer that), meaning you won’t keep the aggro as soon as someone else attacks. Also +320% HP in PvE isn’t necessary. Now we don’t even need to invest in CON to survive, +120% HP (Ein Sof 6) is enough most of the time if you want to face-tank.

And the interesting part is that by your idea of a build you express Kabbalist’s biggest flaw imo: Kabbalist only has a couple of skills that might have some synergy with other builds/classes (PvP, tanking, second-zone support/protection), and is unable to stand on its own.
I can make a build centered around Diev, around Priest, around Sadhu, around Paladin, around Bokor, etc., but around Kabbalist… ?
Hopefully the circle 3 will offer something unique and worth it, but this video didn’t show that.

if you look closely in the video the PD has some kind of red mist around him so maybe that’s the new skill and maybe not related to the Beak Mask, we need more information to know if it’s going to be a party buff or what, would be really handy for boss fights in parties.

I’m personally going for a Cleric C3 > Priest C3 > Plague Doctor C3 build on my journey to become the best healer/utility char, it might be overkill or not needed but I like it so why not :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Cleric 3 might be a bit too much. Cleric 3 doesn’t bring that much to the table other than a bigger and slightly stronger heal. Gaurdian Saint is good but taking up another class for that slot may overall be better. Like Chaplain, Miko, Oracle C1 or maybe even Krivis C1 with Krivis’ new changes.

Priest doesn’t carry many debuff effects and to successfully DPS as a PD you need debuffs to rely on. Yes you can do it as a Priest build alone but picking another circle with even slight debuff effects to throw on enemies may improve your PD by a mile.

Cleric 3 does bring a lot. Now that Pardoner’s Blessing won’t have a hit-limit anymore, you’ll be able to get double dmg offensive Heal without the need for Priest class circles.

New Krivis may be interesting but remember Fire Property dmg (from Aukuras) doesn’t multiply skill factors and Daino only works for basic attacks. Divine Stigma DoT and +50% dmg to Zaibas may be interesting but Heal lv 15 and Cure lv 15 will probably stay as top burst dps against bosses and other big single targets.

All new Krivis changes except Daino only apply to C2 and C3. The fire attribute damage boost and CD reduction attribute is C2 only, Divine Stigma is a C2 skill, so obviously without C2 you wont see the DoT or the Zaibas boost (which is a good thing imo, it makes C2 much more interesting).
Krivis C1 is basically worth nothing unless the Daino changes make level 5 Daino exceptionally good already (or change Daino to a 1 point skill).

Heal by its nature is too far-streched to have any better effects at level 17 than level 12. Most times you’ll have at least 5-7 tiles left due to the limited size of boss monsters, which is the equivalent of going C3 just for the boost. For single-target or mob damage, the skill isn’t good enough, it’s only 416-624% damage per tile with Blessings effect(i.e. 2080%-3120% additional damage per overheat).
Cure 15 vs Cure 10 is only 1030/1545% more damage than level 10.
Meanwhile Zaibas level 5 adds 1476-2214% more damage with a shorter CD time and a bigger AoE.

Imo Cleric C3 lost its appeal considering the many changes to Krivis and Bokor that made them considerably stronger/better at C1-C2 already. I’m still a bit hesitant If I should keep my Cleric C3 on my Kabbalist or exchange it for Bokor C1, because the damage loss/gain would be ± the same.
However, Cleric C3 grants a long Fade and a high-leveled Divine Might, which makes the decision pretty hard.

I think it will depend on what Nahash can do, if it curses for a long time (more than 10 seconds) and has a low CD time (i.e. 15 or 20 seconds) I might favor Bokor to Effigy the hell out of the monsters.
If not, then Cleric C3 might be the better alternative.

Just hoping that IMC finally drops their policy to give every skill on Kabbalist high CD times to make the Class bad and unappealing.

Zealot look mediocre at best in that video. Damage yourself to cast a spell? no thank you.

Taoist2 is going down the support path, which is disappointing, but we will see.

Inquisitor2 if it traps more than 1 person, then there better be a way to prevent it. Inquisitor is already op as fck with their auto aimed skills.

Kabbalist3 a gimmick at best.

Plague Doctor3 lmfao, what did it do? pain barrier? on a rank 9 circle? what a joke, i’d just wear gazing golem…

wow
a cleric who can heal heself will suffer alot…
healing factor> that skill> done.

gazing golen is activated by summons and mobs very often, not quite sure if it will prevent knockdown from other players skills…

If it’s party buff, then i would say it’s quite useful, if it is self buff, then no. PD can’t do much in tbl compare to other classes anyways, so what if you can prevent kb by yourself while your team is dead.

No. Iron Maiden is the ultimative torture device, there should be no way to prevent getting caught by it other than the current invulnerability skills. This skill would be nice if it could actually deal more damage on heavy armored enemies like Lancer/Murmillio and send them to their untimely end without a chance to do something against it.

If it were me, I’d even set the skill to slowly kill 1 player regardless of everything, because that’s how the device works, you get impaled by dozens to hundreds of sharp,thick iron spikes from all directions.
Maybe they’ll make it like Breaking Wheel so that you can beat the iron maiden to damage the character inside even more :smiling_imp:

1 Like