Tree of Savior Forum

New Event: Serial Trickster

wen my brother who is a white knight come to take me back in the game telling me about these events.
i want to play but how the game is rigth now it doesnt worth even a second online

2 Likes

On this, are you saying that if they can’t find programmers/etc people yet they shouldn’t ever hire CM that applied before the other people?

Usually you don’t hire a cleaning crew until after the work is done.

1 Like

Is that about painting? Also, you do no planning at all on the hiring stuff to know what you will need and start receiving applications beforehand?

2 Likes

another great event that won’t make me login again. :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

You can’t abandon one aspect of the game even if your focus is on another. Also it makes no sense, the process of hiring staff in separate divisions isn’t a bottleneck for the whole company. And under your logic problems like botting and support tickets would be exacerbated.

Planning means you actually start off right and then finish a job. Saying I am just painter is a huge understatement compared to how other people and companies work. We are two people who plan and do everything ourselves not requiring outside contracting and solve issues ourselves without the need to hire anyone else. This is all included into one package from plumbing, electrical, drywall/spackling, carpentry, tile, painting, and even a plethora of other things that I have done over 10 years like even setting up custom entertainment systems or yard work on giant farms.

We don’t need a CM to say how great our work is and promote it or work with people because we do that directly. Then we don’t need moderators or anything to keep critics out because the work we do sells itself and isn’t a shoddy piece of garbage like ToS currently. People go into where we finished and then ask to contact us for more work which we come highly recommended because of an all in one package. If they can’t figure this out in over a year that nobody is going to come to them and that you need to actively pull in someone to fix your mess I don’t even what to say any more.

But that is just an opinion of this “painter” here not a fancy game company that has to hire tons of core game developers a year into release because they bombed within the first three months. Then it gets so bad you have to sit there and make jokes about it lightening up a situation when in reality you can’t even believe it.

That’s all I’m saying so jokes on them not me.

4 Likes

Great respect for the trades :boom:

1 Like

In software often it is better to start from zero than to keep a messy work around, I wonder what’s the state of the game.

If they did not document anything then anyone that tries to do anything with the code will have to review the whole thing instead of just look at one module, why? because what happens in one module can mess what happens in another.

Training someone to understand your creation takes time, if you let people that understood what was created without having trained their replacement then progress will be delayed by a lot.

I can guess that murphy’s law applies here. With IMC at the helm one has to wonder where’s the floor. That’s the impression they’ve given me of their work.

Then again, you’ve got to wonder how Granado Espada is working at 60 FPS, how they forgot everything between projects is… interesting.

4 Likes

You don’t think it’s like that in real life with construction too? I’m not just a painter here and have to deal with 100 year old house foundations from colonial days around Philadelphia. Sometimes breaking everything down is not an option which is a pain but things can still be worked around getting fixed into a workable state. It just takes people who know what their doing which aren’t going to fall out of the sky in your lap to fix major problems. Here is is an example of recent work and what I mean:

3 Likes

I’m not criticizing you, just pointing how it is in software.

Software indeed is just like anything else as it’s a human construct, and we have established how to do things right quite a while ago.

You can compare a software system’s documentation and a building’s documentation and conclude that every bit that’s depicted is important as they’re both systems, a structural one and a software one.

4 Likes

Basically what I’m trying to say is they need to actively find experts to fix this stuff and not sit there idly expecting by some miracle a bunch of game developers will come to them fixing the problems whether from scratch or working around shoddy coding foundation. Hence the reason me saying that since the application is still there my doubts will forever be on this server never getting the attention it needs.

4 Likes

I do agree on that, magic spells do not exist.

But, there’s something I feel is truly missing, in software a development cycle doesn’t end (duh, cycles) unless they’ve decided to drop support.

What I see is lacking, by alot, is the requirement stage, the feedback stage, where’s everything I’m being taught?!

Since they do not communicate is. sad, it’s as if this is already done and abandoned.

4 Likes

They’re ramping up feedback and communication. The Talk Talk in Korea, more GM responsiveness on the forums, in game, on Facebook. There’s no indication of IMC abandoning Tree of Savior. More Staff have been hired, and the process continues, investment from Nexon and the success of TOS, especially in Japan, and mobile development are all evidence of further commitment by IMC. IMC won’t be abandoning TOS, that isn’t the concern. The real fear is that they are unable to fix it in time.

1 Like

If they’re trying to fix it, alrite.

But I wonder how they could of done so wrong from the get go having another project around, amnesia is unforgiving.

3 Likes

I didn’t ask it in that way “you’re just a painter”. It’s just that “hire a cleaning crew after the work is done” doesn’t apply to most of things.

Let’s say about a program, you don’t review the code (clean the errors, refactor things etc) only after the entire work is done and released. You don’t clean out old/bad game stuff and decisions only after the game is completely finished.

But on painting, you only clean everything once it is all done, right?

Not comparing one to another, but they’re bit different on this.

@Composition also said everything about that. Since for painting and construction things you know how hard can one thing be when it’s all out of the standard.

Now we go back to the whole point: Do you tell people how good your work are while you’re actually painting? Like, actively talking to them? No?

If the developers were talking here on forums all the time and reading all the memes wouldn’t you say “go back to coding, what are you doing here with all the bugs?” As well they’re not staying outside their job hours the check a forum, right?

Also, here we’re going a bit out from the CM role, you’re going into a bit of marketing. As far as I can understand, Community Managers aren’t people from market/publishing/selling, they’re for actually, dealing with people, talking, receiving and filtering input and other responsibilities.

Saying ToS don’t need a CM would be kind of the same of saying that, for example, League of Legends wouldn’t also need a CM since they are better and have more devs so they could afford the devs to talk with people all the time?

It says “market trends” like three times. >.<

That’s why every update for the past year people complained and meme’d about cash shop crap.

2 Likes

I like what this page says:
http://cmxhub.com/the-fundamental-difference-between-marketing-and-community/

Also, what you say about “market trends” doesn’t really means actually to put Tree of Savior on the media and sell its image.

From the definition:

I’d understand it is more like, they want Community Managers to also pay attention and try to understand how the market patterns are changing and how things are developing and what is happening.

At least it’s what I can read from the image you sent. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Like I said, identifying trends is a bit far from actually going into:

And more like fit what I thought about it:

2 Likes

Great. Then maybe they can convey the need for hiring people with solutions like I said instead of candy and Gatorade forever. I’m sure iTOS isn’t going anywhere after prolly downgrading server capacity to a monthly cost of nothing, but the players sure as heck will go elsewhere like myself which is to sleep now.

Because silly rabbit Trix are for kids.

2 Likes