Tree of Savior Forum

[New Defence System] what diference do have armor?

Oh look, more strawman bullshit. I’m not going to bother responding to your non-arguments anymore. Feel free to call this an ad hominem.

1 Like

The idiots in this game cease to amaze me. i get my daily laugh from ToS forums. it used to be Facebook.

1 Like

But thats your example all along, you even have screen shot of it. Or maybe you want me to prove your “hard part” myself? Youre claiming questline arent hard anymore but there are other part of PVE that is more hard? Can you prove your claim here? Damage calculation is the same wherever you go.

Earth Tower, Solmiki, and Fantasy Library. Even 315 HG if you want to count that.

1 Like

Ok, ill try ET, Fantasy library, 315 HG myself being naked. After that ill do it again without stats too to prove the other thread that even stats dont matter. Ill do this as DPS dont worry. Ill give SlyGoat the favor of testing it myself, because all he can do is theorycraft. Ill do it after i got home of course. All SlyGoat did was post a screenshot of mission, maybe it is hard for him.

fitrs at all i made this tread thinking on MOB, normals npc. no boss no ET contents or intances/events monster.
second : like u say "[quote=“SlyGoat, post:21, topic:360674”]
Oh look, more strawman bullshit. I’m not going to bother responding to your non-arguments anymore. Feel free to call this an ad hominem.
[/quote] but what is ur argument if u dont test on the right way

third: i dont know the new formula of the interaction between of damage and deff so i made this tread to ask if its work well.
its obiusly that now the defence is less important and if 2k of Pdeff reduce 10% the damage recived of a mob with 700-1000 of damage like 330 monsters the higer diference will be done by the max and minimun atack of that mob not ur defense

at last: stop been a moron. pls :slight_smile:

After reading your two arguments (if you can call jynxie’s post an argument), I vote for Slygoat as the winner of this argument.

12 Likes

So now we have “winning” claim here. We can use that as valid test when it comes to “defense”.

Reminds me of the old LR and Ophi posts!

I already posted above, your turn to post your SS as evidence for your testing. What’s the point of all these typing with no actual test results. At least slygoat did prove his point. Where is yours?

troll to the very max commandloadfail.

1 Like

Changes to def stat are dumb :smiley: nuff said.

Ahh, later ill clear Fantasy Library, 315 HG, and ET being naked, im still at work. Seems like solo clearing practo quest is still not enough, even though the damage formula is the same. Whats your evidence BTW? I cant seems to find it.

It is.

1 more thing, chugging pot after taking damage doesn’t really count as “makes no difference”. We are talking about armored vs naked damage received in terms of mathematical values. Anyone who can react to the game they are playing and press pots after soaking damage doesn’t really count for the arguement no? The only reason you are able to press pot is simply because mobs don’t do enough to 1 shot you.

Before thats not possible, being naked to clear practo quests, HG, fantasy library and ET. Right now since def and armors dont matter you could just tank them and regen using 2 HP pots. So whats the use of armor then? Silver sink because of repairs?

then now the argument doesn’t even matter since both are true to their own extent, you guys are not even comparing the same thing tbh… But what about OP’s issue? He said armored/naked he received the same amount of damage.

Thats not my argument at all. My argument is armor dont matter not the same damage with armors or not. Talk to him instead?

Why are you giving up so easily? Im curious myself if im going to fail and yet youre claiming im true in my own way. Lemme test it first before you conclude im “true”. Im willing to cooperate with this as long as it is not drop system.

Thats because you guys are not even arguing the same thing actually. His argument is tied to yours but you are talking about the overall end result and it doesn’t matter. Even after you test it you ARE going to take more damage being naked which proves that his argument is valid about armor making a diff in terms of damage receive, but like you said since you are not getting 1 shot, you can just chug pots, thus it doesn’t even matter. I am aware what you are trying to proof but it kinda seems meaningless.

It is meaningful because it means we arent required to gear up on defense anymore, like we used to be. It also means the game was dumb down to hello kitty lvl of difficulty.

I think this is the only game i know youre not required to be geared defensively to clear end game content.

1 Like

so how are you going to proof yourself? Taking a shot of you not dying in 1 hit and chugging pot instantly? Well that’s going to be some cool looking “evidence” I guess.

i’m not an expert but i save alot money using my armors, i’m poor so it matters to me and alot.