Tree of Savior Forum

New cryo DPS build advice

With the resen update i want to try make more DPS my cryomancer and i think well cryo3 necesary and if have linker way better so for now i think on this one Wiz>cryo3>linke1/2 please let me know what you think maybe w3 but im not sure XD , so tell me what can help me guys.

wiz3>cryo3>RC>

enchanter
or

sorcerer
or

warlock
or

sage

Definetely Wiz - Cryo 3 - Linker 1 - Linker2/Thau1 - FF 2.

You’d have ice blast + wall and tree (+ linked enemies to multiply damage) and still be able to make use of Featherfoot high burst on Blood Curse (works wonders at bossing since you cna link boss to ice walls and blood curse on all of them to multiply damage by number of links).

Could go either full CON with linker 2 or full INT with Linker 1-Thauma.

Right now sounds like a solid support-offensive build. Cryo has nice control and some damage now, which’s amplified by linker’s joint penalty and Featherfoot can damage anything even without any magic attack due to its HP mechanics on blood curse and decay (which reduces hp by % per second). FF’s skills becoming poison also mean an extra 50% damage to linked enemies!

Going int thauma is completely unnecessary now because of the 200k damage cap on Blood Curse. It has been already easy to achieve that much without Poison/JP buff at full con build, you also loose much time healing self back(and you are not wiz2 so it is hard to do unless always with cleric).

yeah i have this one already, because and works fine linker 2 with thauma is preatty hard to heal after BC link combo. i was thinking of maybe one with sage bt idk what more put on it.

I see, Wiz-Cryo 3-Kino 1-Rune Caster-X-Sage or Wiz 3 - Cryo 3 - Rune - Sage probably fits what you want to do then. They both have very fine burst with Rune of ice + ice wall + PP+ Ice blast, but long downtimes in between. With first build you could get either linker for added utility or warlock for some extra damage source.

Another really nice idea would be wiz1-Cryo3-Sorc2-X-Sage. Here you’d be using cryo’s damage and control, sorc’s riding habilities which have been really nicely buffed for burst damage as well as extra DPS all time with summon. X once more could be linke, warlock or rune caster for the reasons above or necro 1, for extra nuke skill on flesh cannon and decay applying (shogoth, dirty pole, flesh cannon) to double Temple Shooter’s damage and archer teamies.

2 Likes

do you think the ice blast would be able to fill the spot of ice wall+PP? (in this build Wiz 3 - Cryo 3 - Rune - Sage) and what skills you would go for as a cryo?

Well, Ice Wall+PP is definetely a strong combo, though not really reliable (as in positioning is quite hard, avoiding getting hit and/or knocked down/back is also hard).

Ice blast has 3 overheats and 20 seconds cd, meaning it can be used 6 times with icewalls (if they aren’t broken in the meantime) with the new cryo c3 attibute. Also, you can always have a dagger on switch (as well as gust) to hit the ice walls and throw some shards during Ice blast’s CD. All of that with rune of ice 50 seconds buff up obviously.

I’d do it like this as of now, not too sure how rune caster’s recent changes might affect the skills distribution though: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#213331h1e.213f4951697585.13213f455a617585.152545.1131415185

I was thinking about that RC similarity, because with RC will highly incre the damage from IW+IB combo, but the problem is the long CD and the cast time, with that long CT maybe need to have W3 idk what you think guys?

make something like w3>cryo3>link>RC but loss some links as i see.

hmm if thats true why ib 5? why not 15(removing from subzero shield, subzerp shield is that good?)? and then I should go for 2int/1con right?

it probably would only be for bossing. eg, if fighting mobs, use frost pillar>joint penalty(if available)>hangman’s knot> ice wall> ice blast

if fighting bosses, then ice wall pp pressure with rune of ice if possible.

zubzero shield if you want to pvp.
go full int, you need that int in rank 8.

I’d go cryo3 psycho1 linker1 rc1
If sage’s micro dimension works well with icewall’s position for the pp combo, then i’d go sage…
If not, then enchant lightning is a nice additional 400-500ish per shard

Well so the current good build for PVE with cryomancer could be,

W3>cryo3>linker>RC and W>cryo3>linker>kino>RC>sage, which one have more damage? becase as i read the problem with cryokino is seting the IW, for this i dont think on it.

i’ll go fo W3>cryo3>RC>linker/sage for To test it (and i dont use the wizz anyway =/ so its ok)

So guys wiz3 cryo3 is a thing now? Because back before update i had a wiz3cryo3kino1 planning to make sage. But i reset the char (just to get skill points back) but i went back for the same wiz3cryo3 except im not sure if kino is still necessary to do damage with icewall. Or is ice blast the new thing to go with?

If anyone has some insights, tell me if im w3c3 now… Where should i go and should i go back to kino or something else at rank 7. And no rune casters btw :slight_smile:

im not sure about kino on this build too, yeah kino is someway op, but you need to have good aim and RC for kill bosses, but there is not much for killing lots of monsters. this are my ideas for now.

thanks for the ideas… subzero shield useless? im not actually sure how it works… i know these:

1. melee enemies only (physical only?)
  2. reflects dmg at them and freeze

what i dont know is… does it actually block the dmg when it reflects? in the description it says block… but i heard it doesnt?

Sub zero shield reflects the damage ,but its mostly for pvp because can freeze the melee atacks, but in pve its not much usefull.

does it reflect like: they take dmg and freeze but i still take the dmg. OR i dont take the dmg and its fully reflected back to them?