Tree of Savior Forum

New 340 HG hardcore FPS drop (AMD processor-related?)

Sadly, spinning heads are still a thing :frowning:
I have no idea if it’s AMD related tho (I have a Nvidia GPU and and AMD CPU) I slightly recall a talk about this on being able to be “fixed” with a work-around about slithly changing the camera angle…? I’m not too sure, so I could be wrong, still this and the “faceless” character, still happens from time to time, to me. :frowning:

(The new map issue definetely takes priority of course !)

at least the spinning head issue is still a thing, happens at least once every day, but it doesn’t really bother me that much, same with the faceless-glitch or the floating head-glitch.

Unreasonable FPS drops are more than annoying,though, everyone around me gets better and better stuff every day and can sell the items on the market to make huge profits while I can just sit & watch.

I’ve already checked if a new mainboard&processor were an option, but even the old IBM Intel mainboards&icores together sum up to 300-400 Euros, which is honestly too much of an investment for me just to solve 1 problem in 1 single game that runs more or less without issues at other locations.

I can even play Overwatch without any issues like lag&FPS drops, so my system can’t be this bad for gaming although it’s already 6-7 years old.

1 Like

Got this problem too.
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T

Yeah I have been to all the new maps, and it is only that map that drops my 50-60 fps to 1-2. It’s insane.

Edit: I didn’t realize the spinning head and floating heads was a AMD thing. I just though tit was bad coding altogether lmao, and I’ve been here since pre-Beta days. Learn something new every day.

i never had spinning or floating head with my AMD.

Same Problem Here…

Do the new AMD Ryzens have this bug?

No.
But Ryzens have an even more pronounced head twitch bug than Phenoms.

And no mention of a fix in the next Maint. So who’s taking bets that either: 1: This won’t get fixed or 2: About as long as it took them to fix the previous FPS issues on release. (1 year, and I say fix very lightly)

It won’t be fixed because AMD users are a very small minority in the Asian gaming market .

As I’ve been here since Beta, it’s not that it can’t be fixed. Nor is it because Asia is wholly Intel users. It’s simply because, IMC. Any company worth it’s grain in salt, will fix issues like this w/decent haste, specially in a game that needs every dollar it can get. (Not that I disagree with you fully, but again; Asia isn’t the excuse, IMC is)

3 Likes

yeah, especially since if they don’t fix the issue, the money that could’ve been spent on TOS will instead go to IBM (as I’ve said it’s very expensive for a “simple fix”) for a new processor and motherboard.
And with the better hardware, chances are high that people will quit iTOS because they can now play better games without issues.

It’s just hilarious how a simple fix for a single map (e.g. giving out a new background file for AMD users to download) can take so long with nearly no feedback/interaction with the STAFF.
Instead, they fix cash items although they might lose even more players.

Also,tomorrow marks the end of the reset event, guess how many people will stay?

At the moment the game gets boring more and more, the repetitiveness of challenge mode is gruesome and field farming yields ± no results when trying to farm for a single unique rarity item (it takes about 2-3 hours at least to get one on the fields).

Why do they not add level 350 items to the 330 Hunting Grounds but with lower drop rates so that people can at least farm them over there if they can’t enter the new 340 HG?

Not a single temporary solution is considered to keep us playing, and I see myself playing less and less every day because it’s back to chores only (challenge mode,300 dungeon with leftover multitokens from last event,Saalus for blessed shards to transcend equipment I can’t farm,gg).

New content my foot. All I get is silver, magic grade equipment and material for new 350 unique raid dungeon recipes which are unbalanced and badly designed [especially the weapons], gg.

Without the new Hunting Grounds the game is just the same bull as last Rank <_<

2 Likes

@GM_Francis @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ethan You Will you continue with this neglect? I will only go this week for the game if I continue so I only regret the trend is to increase Good bye ^^

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - very nice , no fps drop

I agree with ya bud, specially about the having to Field Farm…

Ryzen’s don’t have the issue. It’s more of a Phenom thing.

“greate” instead of 1fps and 500ms i’m now at 4fps and 200ms :tired:
and all thats problems probably only because of this sparkly background that they trying to fix fo 2 weeks already
how is it for you guys?

wait wait this is my first time read this topic? AMD processor issue?

Im AMD but didnt encounter such issue in HG

tell us your processor, because this problem as you can see only affect phenoms and athlones

It’s happening in Nezarene Tower only, every other map seems fine, it’s probably due to some background effect done wrong

so only phenoms and athlones so im safe side then…